may as well just sit on my bum

Options

Replies

• zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    More calories doesn't necessarily equate to more food. Maybe you don't need to change the amount you eat, but WHAT you eat.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    but I dont even count my linedancing really as exercise no more than my friend who walks back and fore all day in her job classes that as exercise, its part of my normal weekly routine my husband who went from over 21 stone sept 4th to 12.5 stone by xmas day same year and had 600 cals a day, never was ill if he hit a plateau he would just eat normally for 2 days then start again , .NO point in exercising to just eat the calories back, and may I add my husband never sat in any drs waiting room.

just know what has been working for me, NEVER BEEN A BIG EATER, ALWAYS EXERCISED AND PUT ON WEIGHT PURELY FROM ME DICATION AND THEN LET IT GET BETTER OF ME TO QUOTE MY OWN DR
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    I never eat all of the calories back.. it's too many and I would have to stuff my face to get close..

but nothing beats a balance series of meals and a solid exercise regimen. Not even the couch
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i USED to think just like this...
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    then dont log your linedancing as exercise- up your activity level to account for it
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    I cant eat anymore, I eat what I enjoty, when im hungry at a party I will cake IF i want it if I DONT WANT IT THEN i wont, I linedance twice a week and have done for 8 years and is part of my life, not to burn cals but cos I enjoy, even did it when I was a size 10
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That mentality is what got me to spend less time on the treadmill and more time lifting.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I stopped exercising for 3 1/2 months. I ate ALL da calories and sat on the couch. I also have a ton of fat to show for it. No regrets, but I started working out to reverse the damage. LOL

eNortjKzUjI0tTQ2N1GyBlwwFasC2g,,87.png
  • fockstar7783
    fockstar7783 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The point is to replenish your body after a workout with protein and good clean food. Your body is in super burn mode AFTER you workout also and your muscles need the fuel to repair themselves, along with the good complex carbs to sustain your energy. If you eat less, your body is gonna start thinking it's starving and start storing fat for energy. What's the point in that? It's the reason were all here: give fat the one way ticket divorce package. Don't get discouraged, it's all worth it even if somedays you don't think so :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    then dont account for it in your daily activity, and dont log it as exercise. seems pretty simple to me.. even though i dont agree with it.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat my cals back. If I do, I normally lose very little weight that week. But I'm only 2kg (5 pounds) away from my goal, so I needa be extra careful.

Also, don't sit on your bum. No one got a hot *kitten* from sitting on it all day!

EDIT: In addition to gymming 3-4 times a week, twice a week I pole dance. Not to burn cals, but because I love it! Find something you love doing, and you'll stop thinking that way.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Then sit on your bum poof problem solved

your welcome
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your muscle atrophy goals of 2012.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I cant eat anymore, I eat what I enjoty, when im hungry at a party I will cake IF i want it if I DONT WANT IT THEN i wont, I linedance twice a week and have done for 8 years and is part of my life, not to burn cals but cos I enjoy, even did it when I was a size 10

Then WTH is the point of you posting then???
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    NM
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    when talking about one's bum, I prefer the word "Buttocks" It's in better taste.

Oh, and on topic. Yeah, who'd want to eat more because they worked out. That makes *no* sense whatsoever. Enjoy your 1200 calroies, "Sit on your buttocks, man/woman/thing!"
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.....

With alittle hard work and exercise, you can go from this....

2009May2.jpg

To this......

2012-01-15120616.jpg

and this.....

2012-01-15120454.jpg

but if you would prefer to sit around and do nothing that is certainly your choice but I will continue to hit the gym
    cause I like the way I feel and look....... Good Luck to you...................
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to change a thing no matter what anyone says, what's the point in posting this?

It's obvious there are benefits to exercise, and you're getting them. It's obviously better to exercise than not to. Do whatever you want in regards to eating and the consequences are yours to live with.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your muscle atrophy goals of 2012.

took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to change a thing no matter what anyone says, what's the point in posting this?

It's obvious there are benefits to exercise, and you're getting them. It's obviously better to exercise than not to. Do whatever you want in regards to eating and the consequences are yours to live with.

this.
This discussion has been closed.