may as well just sit on my bum

Options

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    without having pics think im banging my head, cant see my point so basically not gonna bother posting anything again as can do without the ridicule some are giving , although many have made valid points without having to be so sarky

Why did you post this thread?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    without having pics think im banging my head, cant see my point so basically not gonna bother posting anything again as can do without the ridicule some are giving , although many have made valid points without having to be so sarky

Why did you post this thread?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    exactly why did I as I said wont again and more to the point why are peeps replying if all they want to do is ridicule the person who posts and as ive looked more into topics I see there are those who just go from topic to topic putting the postee down
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    exactly why did I as I said wont again and more to the point why are peeps replying if all they want to do is ridicule the person who posts and as ive looked more into topics I see there are those who just go from topic to topic putting the postee down

Just asking a question.
    How can anyone give you an answer if we don't know what you're looking for?
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your muscle atrophy goals of 2012.

took the words right out of my mouth.

It must have been when you were kissing me...
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    find it quite interesting that some of those who are not happy bout me not eating my exercise cals seem to be way over their cals
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Just asking a question.
    How can anyone give you an answer if we don't know what you're looking for?

Exactly. I honest to God cannot understand what you are saying. Grammar is your friend.

Check out the Unofficial FAQ. It has the answers to a lot of questions many people have when they start MFP. The answers come from MFP veterans and people who have researched fitness extensively.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/474-unofficial-mfp-faq
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410771-i-can-t-reach-my-calorie-goal-it-s-too-much-food
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390145-should-i-eat-my-exercise-calories
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    find it quite interesting that some of those who are not happy bout me not eating my exercise cals seem to be way over their cals

Some people on this site are here to gain weight either because they are building muscle or are currently underweight. Please don't assume weight loss is everyone's goal. MFP offers a variety of goals to set up and following these recommendations will help you achieve them.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    also my point was to tose who said do as I want, yessss thats what I want to do but when I DO PEEPS SAY YOU SHOULD BE DOING THIS, YOU SHOULDNT BE DOING THAT , now again I do realise that most are well meaning souls however there are an element who are just out to have a go at others efforts
  • rockinsue285
    Options

Some people on this site are here to gain weight either because they are building muscle or are currently underweight. Please don't assume weight loss is everyone's goal. MFP offers a variety of goals to set up and following these recommendations will help you achieve them.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    I dont assume that at all , infact if and when I REACH MY GOAL IM JUST GONNA BE ON HERE TO MAINTAIN IT, im just saying PERSONALLY my GOAL IS TO LOSE and its off putting when your efforts are being torn apart
  • bugnsamsmom
    bugnsamsmom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The point is to replenish your body after a workout with protein and good clean food. Your body is in super burn mode AFTER you workout also and your muscles need the fuel to repair themselves, along with the good complex carbs to sustain your energy. If you eat less, your body is gonna start thinking it's starving and start storing fat for energy. What's the point in that? It's the reason were all here: give fat the one way ticket divorce package. Don't get discouraged, it's all worth it even if somedays you don't think so :)

This is one of the best explanations I've found...thanks. It makes total sense now!!!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Options

Talking to me?
    MY goal is to meet and exceed those numbers. I do. :wink:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Headdesk_Emo_funnys-s449x337-111462-475.jpg
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    oh AND MY USE OF GRAMMER , SPELLING, PUNCTUATION OR ANYTHING ELSE SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE , WHY THE HECK ARE SOME PEEPS SO NASTY
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    oh AND MY USE OF GRAMMER , SPELLING, PUNCTUATION OR ANYTHING ELSE SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE , WHY THE HECK ARE SOME PEEPS SO NASTY

It's only an issue because we can't understand what you are trying to say. If you were more clear in how you express yourself, we could help you more.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has already said this, but it bears repeating - the point of exercise is to increase your cardiovascular health, build more muscles (which means you burn more calories when you are just sitting around) and to increase your general health and wellbeing.
    Having said that, if your only priority is to lose weight, then don't exercise and just eat the cals MFP allocates you, it's entirely your choice. But, it sounds as though you enjoy the exercise you do, so there is no point in stopping something that you like.

MFP uses a different model to other calorie calculators but you do have to get your head around it. If you find this whole "eat your exercise cals" too confounding, then don't do it.

As an alternative, you can go back to your goals and change your activity level setting to "lightly active" or "active" (to include your weekly exercise). MFP will calculate the calories you need, including your exercise, then it will take away a deficit so you can lose weight. Would this make you happier??
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    SIMPLE

I do not eat my exercise cals

I do not want to

I am loseing weight

I am fit

I do not see why I have to eat my cals, however if im hungry I certainly would

WHATEVER i AM DOING IS WORKING FOR ME

I in general get fed up of being told all the time to eat my cals ive gained as the whole POINT FOR ME is to burn cals eaten

OR I may as well just sit on my bum ( which i COULD NEVER DO OR WANT TO)

Also my mind runs quicker than my one hand typing is able to type so errors in grammar etc are made
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Also my mind runs quicker than my one hand typing is able to type so errors in grammar etc are made

I'm sorry if you already covered this, but what is your other hand doing?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    Apolgies to those who have offered kind and meaningful advice as I do appreciate it but to be honest some are just here for the mickey take and like I say many are doing the same on other topics too, either way ive certainly learnt my lesson not to post anything or ask anything again well not until my grammer etc improves and I can post animated pics
This discussion has been closed.