Who else is like me and needs to lose 100lbs or more??

Options

Replies

• eklopez14
    eklopez14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're not alone.... :)

19577065.png
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. I'm new here with only a few friends, so anyone can feel free to add me. Cheers! =)
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I need to lose about 125 lbs.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey :-).

Feel free to add me!

I needed to lose 105lbs when I started. I have already lost 88 of them, but would hopefully be able to offer some words of advice to help you keep on track xx
  • butterflync105
    butterflync105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me! Need to lose about 130. Fee free to add me!
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I need to lose about 130 and Ill b at 200....Jus starting!!! EVERYONE can ADD ME !!!
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 80 pounds to make it to my "normal range" and 100 to get to the lower end of that. Please add me if you'd like! :) It's going to be a long journey and friends along the way will help!
  • mariajae
    mariajae Posts: 18
    Options
    Ideally, I need to lose 100lbs or more, although at the moment 50 lbs seems like a lifetime away. Please feel free to add me. I only have one friend on here. :-P
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ideally more than 100lbs should be needed... but I have set up my goal at 100 lbs more or less as well.. anybody that is on the same boat feel free to send friend request, I like the support we get / give on that community...
  • sherona4122
    Options
    i am here bc i need to lose like more than 100 pounds and i need all the encouragement i can get . i eat when things bother me or im stressed out . and i have low self esteem and need encourament
  • SheriPisces
    SheriPisces Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too want to lose 100 lbs. or more... Today's my first day on MFP - I'm hopeful that I'll find some friend to help motivate me and that I'll stick with after the initial excitement wears off. I don't have any friends yet, but could really use some like-minded ones. :o)
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Anyone feel free to add me as a friend. We all can support each other. I'm 46 years old, 5'6" and currently weigh 251 lbs. I would so love to see 150 lbs. We "CAN" do it......I'm willing to support anyone along the journey!
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • skyfishingbuddy
    Options
    Im new to mfp and i also need to lose 100 lbs im just looking about and i have one friend and the post about how shes doing it makes me keep logging :)
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Names Scott, from California.

I've had two weight issues that were pretty big in my life, when I moved as a kid from Oregon to California, I gained about 100lbs over 7 years..I was pretty depressed and being a very active kid previously, I started to eat fast food daily and didn't really are about having friends.

In 1999, I decide to move out of the state at that time I was 305lbs I'm 6'1". I moved to Nevada with my friend and his family for a little over 6months, during that time I started to workout, worked at a few spice companies ( which were blazing hot temp to work in and I burned a whole lot of calories) Nevada didn't work out for me or the friendship that I had with my friend, but when I moved back to California i was 265lbs.

From there on in, I started to walk and jog at night and join 24hr fitness and I never wanted to go back to being overweight again.

In Nov 2005, at that time I was around 205lbs, which for me was perfect, but I knew I still could lose more weight, but was very happy with myself and life. Well I went to get out of my friends car and both my legs stop working ( falling to the ground). I laughed it off and went to stand up and a few seconds later, it happened again. I thought to myself...what the hell is going on and got up again and went inside. I closed the door and collapsed to the ground and for the next 4 hours I would receive millions of sharp needle like pains in my spine and the more it hurt, the more i moved and the more I moved the more it hurt. My mom woke up after about 30minutes of me drying out my throat in pain. She wanted to take me to the emergency, but I decided to try to get some sleep and than i would go see the doctor the next day. I dragged my body on my back for those 4hours just to sleep in my bed, it took me at least 20 to 30minutes just to get into bed. When I woke up the next day I had my sister look for my brother's old crutches, he hurt himself in a snowboarding incident not too long ago, he's perfectly fine after he had surgery. When I would try to stand up, I would keep falling from my bed and I would just struggle up the crutch and try to stand, when I would try to stand, my body was leaned to the left, like a #7. I was a Kaiser kid and when I saw my doctor I was given a shot in my back and Vicodin. I was refused a MRI and a X-Ray, I was told it was just swollen and it will heal in a week or two.

I was thinking to myself, after a few days that past, my body is crooked and it's just supposed to go back to normal. I went to the doctor's again and requested a X-ray or MRI, after about 1hr of getting in there face, I was given a X-ray. They saw swelling in my lower spine and even that doctor said it will heal over time in a week or two.

Weeks past it didn't. ... I requested a MRI and was denied, I went through more than half a dozen doctors and was getting no where. I talked to a friend and he knew a trainer at 24hr Fitness that had a background in physically therapy and he could help you out. I would end up working with this guy and after a months time I was standing straight again.

I was a smoker for 10 years and quit in 2007, I did gain about 20 or so lbs from the change.

I would be fine until March 2008. The beginning of the year, I started to go back to the gym and was eating better to lose the weight I gained, I believe at that time I was 220 to 230, so I was a little overweight. Second week of March while at work, I was just about to have lunch and my legs gave out and I crashed on the floor. When I tried to stand up, I was not able to, I had to have one of my co-workers help me up, which from there he took me to emergency.

My body would not allow me to stand up all the way, think of yourself stand up and than while standing be in a sitting position. I was no longer able to stand up all the way, I told people I pretty much stand up like I'm a chimp. I was no longer able to really walk around, so I started having my parents get me fast food and I was having that pretty much all day long. Kaiser had me go to a Physical Therapy Class, but because of my condition, I was not able to do almost any of there exercises, which was even more depressing for me. Kaiser set me up with an MRI and they said, pretty much like before, swelling and here's a shot and Vicodin.

Near the end of March I ended up seeing my mom's Chiropractor and he set me up on an Inverted Table, I would see him 3 times a week for 2 months and every week, I would be able to stand up more and more. My Chiropractor looked at my MRI and said that I had nerve damage in my lower spine, my left hip bone is slanted, I have arthritis in my lower spine, my upper part of my spine is turned around, I have a birth defect on my L4 and L5 of my vertebra and my tissue between my L4 and L5 were about 15%. I brought this news to Kaiser and my new information was dismissed and so was my Chiropractor, who was a Neurologist for 10 years.

I dropped Kaiser the next day.

From 2009 to 2010, I have worked with a Chiropractor, Acupuncturist on treating my back and even had Spinal Decompression, which was expensive and only worked while I was doing the treatment. I ended up gaining more weight at that time and was around 360 by Dec of 2010.

In Feb 2011, I started working with two Neurologist, and they said with my spine and the way that it is, I should have replacement surgery of my L4 and L5 vertebra. Both Neurologist had me see different doctors for my health and run tests on me and I the last person I would be recommend was to see a Nutritionist. For me to have surgery and survive I would need to be at least 250lbs.

May 2011, I met my Nutritionist and we went through all the foods I eat, foods I like, what I eat when I go out and see made me a great food plan. I did that for 8 months and lost 60lbs.

From early 2009 to early Jan 2012, I was usually limping, cause of my nerve pain in my left leg, sitting down or laying down usually took me a few minutes from the nerve and arthritis pain. I took Vicodin at 10mg, 3 times a day for 4months, just so I could go to work and function through the day.

I dropped taking Vicodin and just took the pain...

Jan 2012, I was 302ish. I was happy with the weight I lost, but I had a point where I was not losing any weight and having issue moving around, exercise was easy dismissed. I never touched any fast food during my 8 months of my food program.

I worked with one of my Spinal Doctors and tried the HCG diet., now my previous program I was on I was taking in around 1300 calories a day, HCG was only 500. After a few days began having no energy and felt like I was starving. After two weeks time, I decided to try going back to my old food program and it just was not enough and I went back to fast food.

2 months of me eating horrible food I was at 332lbs.

Two weeks ago I decided I need to change myself, I'm going to try the gym again, but I want to find an amazing trainer. I found one, he has a background in Physically Therapy and as a Nutritionist. He worked with me with my hip and back issues and even help me adjust my old food plan.

MFP Member for 2 weeks.

In the past 2 weeks, I have gone to the gym 9 days and have lost 7lbs. I have a goal 195lbs. I know it's a long way to go, but I want to change, I have to change, I need this in my life and I want to enjoy my life. I know surgery is still on the table after I drop in the 250lb range, but I'm still going to keep my options open. Since I've been going to the gym, I've been sleeping better and have better energy through out the day. Something I haven't had in years. I even purchased a Nike+FuelBand just to give me even more motivation and so far it's been a great tool

LOL, sorry for the long introduction. I'm currently 325lbs as of today's weigh in. 130lbs to go. =)
  • mmc83
    mmc83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm new to this site just started my journey here I too need to lose about 150+ ils. It was nice to see that I'm not the only one. I'm kinda of shy so I hope to jump in and get support I need to get through this and become healthy again. So I too will be here with you. Thanks for the ear. a newcomer!!!
  • chasityspencer
    Options
    I have more than 100 pounds to lose....I weigh twice what someone my age and height should :/
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I set my goal for 98 so I wouldn't get overwhelmed, but in all reality, I should lose closer to 120 when it's all said and done. It's tough. Try setting mini goals for yourself so you don't get discouraged. Feel free to add me as a friend too :)
  • lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I need to lose more than 100lbs, my goal is to be 200lbs. I dont think I've weight 200lbs since I was in elementary school.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Me! 17 down, about 100 to go!