How do you keep your boobs?

Options

Replies

• predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm hoping to keep mine, but my boyfriend jokes (can't tell if serious or joking, haha) that he'll get me a boob job if I can lose all this weight :)

God, I could only dream.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Ugh, mine are still huge!! I want them to shrink...badly! I miss my old girls.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm more than halfway to my goal and haven't lost anything. I'm a 36D still.

It's all about where your body loses fat from easily. I lost most of mine from my abdomen and thighs. My chest and arms stayed the same. In fact, I think my chest looks even better than it used to since I've been lifting.
  • rosiehull18
    rosiehull18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    someone help me out!! thank god I found this post - i know now from searching around to increase push ups and chest exercises to help out my boobs but i've gone from a 12c (great size!) to now I'm pretty sure a 10B/12A this is no good :(. They have sagged and still look fine , but are a hell of alot smaller and i want them back . Any ideas bar surgery?

thanks ladies xx
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    LOL.
    I can't wait to LOSE them. Done with kids, so they are worthless as far as I am concerned. Hasta La Vista Boobies. :-)

This is soo me!!!!
  • bxmxmx
    bxmxmx Posts: 1
    Options
    Estrogen increases breast size, but might also change your metabolism. However it should make you fat distribution generally more "feminine." (eg Birth Control pills) helps. Of course, BC has risks and you shouldn't be on a medication unless you need it. But as you consider you options you may want to take this side effect into account. For example I increased C to D by switching from a low dose birth control (eg ortho tricyclin low, or nuvaring) to a higher dose 3 month cycle (eg seasonique). Also lost periods, which is great!
    I was also prescribed and anti-androgen for acne which helped me keep my breasts as I lose weight. Generally any medication that in contraindicated for men or had gynecomastia listed as a side effect will help you here.
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As of now, having lost about 30 pounds, I've still got as much boob as I had at 180lbs. I think my band size has gone down, but the cup size has been solidly at an E. I think it just 'depends on your body's reaction to things' as well as, like other people have said, how much you work out your chest to build up the pecs behind the boobs. I've noticed most of my weight in that area from my back, so that's probably why my cup's stayed the same.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I lost my boobs.. Gone... Completely... But I found them again at Vicotria Secrets. Yay Bombshell bra! Never spent so much on a bra but worth every hard-earned penny. If only I could move the chub in my saddle bags up to my chest... But until we develop fat relocation technology, I'm stuck buying bras that could double as floatation devices....

You and me both babe! When that technoloy is developed, I want to be first in line!

Ugh. Word. I've gotten so small up top, 33" under the arms/above breasts, 34 at chest, and like 31'' at my band. I can feel my sternum and see my ribcage in between...but my hips are still 41 inches!!!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    thankfully I didn't lose much of mine. I lost it all in my waist and hips-just where it needed to come off. I consider myself LUCKY.

How???? Why? Jealous.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it's all about genetics. If they're mostly mammary tissue they'll probably stick around, but the fat will go, just like it does everywhere else. No such thing as spot reduction.

Mine have gotten "smaller" because I've gone from a 36G to a 32G, but they'll always stick around for me.

I do however highly recommend pec work to help keep everything as tight as possible.....
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    As of now, having lost about 30 pounds, I've still got as much boob as I had at 180lbs. I think my band size has gone down, but the cup size has been solidly at an E. I think it just 'depends on your body's reaction to things' as well as, like other people have said, how much you work out your chest to build up the pecs behind the boobs. I've noticed most of my weight in that area from my back, so that's probably why my cup's stayed the same.

Keep in mind a 34E, 36E, 38E, ect are technically not the same breast size. Cup size is determined by the difference between bust measurement and band measurement. When you don't lose weight from your breasts, but end up needing a smaller band, your cup size goes up.
    HOTmilk_sister_sizes_2.jpg
    Chart of sister sizes:
    nnksqr.jpg

I tend to move around band sizes, but my breast size seems to barely move. It's rather depressing.

edit:
    Here is an image that illustrates why 34D & 36 D aren't the same really well-
    Sister+Sizes.jpg
    "From top to bottom, these bras are 38E, 36F, 34FF, 32G, 30GG, and 28H. As you can see, the cup width and depth is the same in all of them (because, as sister sizes, the cup volume is the same) but the band length gets shorter as you go down. This illustrates how if you're wearing a 34FF and it fits in the cup but not the band, you would go down to a 32G, not a 32FF."
    from: http://life-but-better.blogspot.com/2013/04/your-bra-doesnt-fit.html
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I try to keep them tucked in during the day and release them at night! lol!!! I don't have much after nursing 2 babies for 2 years each. :) I don't want more and I don't want less… they are getting more support now because I am increasing my time using free weights.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret.

Sigh. The boobs and waist will shrink first, the hips will be the last to go.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Uuum, nvm...lol.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body's fat distribution. You cannot spot reduce; your body will take fat off in whatever order it chooses. Unfortunately, sometimes the body removes fat from areas we want fat (e.g. breasts) before the areas we don't want fat (hips, thighs, stomach). I would just worry about getting to a healthy body fat percentage and then if you're smaller than you'd like to be up top, invest in a good Wonderbra or go to Victoria's Secret. Their models are super thin and have small breasts (see them in beach photos while off-duty) and yet their photoshoot pics make them all have ample bosom. There are also generic push-up bras as well at stores like Walmart or Target if you're on a budget.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    After losing 79 lbs. with another 30 to go, my boobs are so loose that I can tie them together and use them as a jump rope (no bondage jokes, please). I've also discovered that when I take off my bra, I can tuck my boobs into the waistband of my jeans-- instant strapless jumpsuit. Isn't that nice! Unfortunately, all the exercise in the world will not help. All it does is build up the muscles under the boobs, causing the boobs to be pushed out further from the chest wall. Exercise has no effect on shaping or toning the fatty tissue (and other stuff) in the boob itself. I sag like a pair of pantyhose that have lost their memory yarn. What will fix this? Spanx, elastic, and my plastic surgeon-- who'll be wealthy enough to purchase another island in the Caribbean after he works on me.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret.

Yes! This is me. The bra is loose, but the jeans...not so much. :)

I have some incredible bras from Victoria's Secret. I joke that they have so much padding you could use them to hide a weapon that even the TSA couldn't find.

I have different sized bosoms every day -- depending on which Victoria's Secret number I pull out of my drawer.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret.

Yes! This is me. The bra is loose, but the jeans...not so much. :)

I have some incredible bras from Victoria's Secret. I joke that they have so much padding you could use them to hide a weapon that even the TSA couldn't find.

I have different sized bosoms every day -- depending on which Victoria's Secret number I pull out of my drawer.

Funny!

When I got married, my sister said in her in her wedding toast "and this day could not have been possible without Victoria Secret and Alison (the hairstylist)"

I sent my sister a text message the first time I got to buy a D cup bra. Ah well, it was nice having boobs while they lasted!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna pay good money to have them put back where they're supposed to be. It's just depressing.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have always had big breasts, I went straight to a B cup and had double Ds as a slim, curvy 15 year old. Before I had my dd I wore a 30FF/G. I started at MFP with a 32GG and have gone down to a 30GG which sounds like I haven't lost anything from the cup but as has been explained the volume in a 30GG compared to a 32GG is a cupsize less so I have actually gone down around the back and in the cup. However my measurement around the chest is still an inch too big to fit my old clothes :frown: I am not sure where in my weightloss journey the rest will come off but I do know I would have to be at a very, very low body fat to lose a significant amount from my chest. I cannot really see that my chest is smaller because it looks just as big on my frame, I have lost in proportion so if I get back down to the 30ff/G I presume they will look proportionate to my figure still. I am kind of desperate to lose an inch around the chest one way or another!