Replies

• JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Red!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My natural hair color is what you see in my profile picture. I'm 57 and do not have one grey hair nor have I ever colored my hair. My father died at 81 years old and had very little grey and a full head of hair.....Good genes........since I save money on my hair, I get my nails done all of the time.....lol
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I let it grow out a while back... I'm a natural "calico" lol, dark brown light brown red blonde and some black....it all got very confusing when I'd find it in the bed...I'd have to dig through my hair to find one that matched before freaking out on the hubby...lol
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    used to be a medium/light brown...now its gray. I color blonde so the gray blends in better and I don't have to color as often
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Reddish brown with some grey. It has been years since I have seen that. I have gone all over the color spectrum. I don't like to get bored with my hair color.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    ash blonde .. i bleach it to a brighter blonde
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My natural hair is a dark blonde colour. However, I dye my hair light brown with red and blonde highlights.

I have just about every colour you can think of. Red, black, platinum blonde, pink, blue, green. =]
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Red

Yay for us natural red heads!!! I tried to dye my hair black once.... it didn't work.... just made my hair a darker brownish-red similar to how it looks in the winter time.... love my hair now that I'm older and wouldn't want to change it! :smile:

I've never tried dying mine....I absolutely love my hair color :))

I dyed my hair black in 9th grade. I loved my red hair, I just felt like dying it. Big mistake. It never came out and I had to get it stripped. I had nasty bleach blonde hair until my senior year.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Natural brunette but haven't been for years!!

Currently blonde and black, I have one side of my head shaved, it,s a different colour for contrast! :-)
  • ThatCindyGirl
    Options
    I was born a natural blonde. Over the years it darkened to a deep golden/honey blonde. I started coloring my hair in my late 20's a mahogany and now I am a fiery redhead and LOVE it! :)
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jet black is my natural color. And I've never colored or treated my hair. Its completely virgin! :-)
  • manasunshine
    Options
    black as coal. love them!:heart:
  • AmyJo54915
    AmyJo54915 Posts: 103
    Options
    Red...err...auburn :happy:
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brunette, but I dye it red... <
    obviously :P
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    natural - red (have been going natural since 2005!)
    winter - closer to a auburn
    summer - closer to strawberry blonde

If I had naturally red hair I would NEVER EVER EVER dye it. I have major jealousy of red heads...mostly because I could never even dye my hair that shade without looking ridiculous (seeing as I'm brown).

I've always said that if I had natural red hair, I would NEVER dye it. Red hair is so pretty!

as for the hot factor, that's true, too! Hot redheads are hard to come by!
    yea, when i was in middle school i tried dying it blonde... BIG MISTAKE... and my mom still made me go to school :grumble: BUT i used to hate my hair color, till i went natural for locks of love. then i was told my natural hair color was a color people would "die for", also i found out that hot red heads were hard to find...
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    natural color is dark brown... right now it's blonde... hey, i hear they have more fun :laugh:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Before I ever died my hair, it was a vague strawberry blondish color. I died it a maroony color, a bright orange red, and ahot pink before I tried a dark dark brown and stuck with that for years. I just last year grew it out (thank you, pixie cut!) and now it's a very cool toned light brown that I'm rather enjoying. My complexion is much too pink to really benefit from red as much as I covet it.

*when I first asked to dye my hair (I was in high school), the only restriction my mom gave me was not platinum blonde. To this dy she won't tell me why exactly she said that.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    natural - red (have been going natural since 2005!)
    winter - closer to a auburn
    summer - closer to strawberry blonde

If I had naturally red hair I would NEVER EVER EVER dye it. I have major jealousy of red heads...mostly because I could never even dye my hair that shade without looking ridiculous (seeing as I'm brown).

I've always said that if I had natural red hair, I would NEVER dye it. Red hair is so pretty!

as for the hot factor, that's true, too! Hot redheads are hard to come by!
    yea, when i was in middle school i tried dying it blonde... BIG MISTAKE... and my mom still made me go to school :grumble: BUT i used to hate my hair color, till i went natural for locks of love. then i was told my natural hair color was a color people would "die for", also i found out that hot red heads were hard to find...

Question for the natural red heads: All the red heads that I have encountered have had a strange hair texture, kinda like a wire-haired dachshund, and I was wondering if that was an individual attribute or if it's all red heads? Keep in mind, I've known probably only 3 red heads, so I know that it very well could be individual, but I was curious.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Uh... gray.

Okay... not completely gray, but waaaay more than I would like there to be. :sad:

Me too...usually colored...what color depends on my mood!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My natural hair color is what you see in my profile picture. I'm 57 and do not have one grey hair nor have I ever colored my hair. My father died at 81 years old and had very little grey and a full head of hair.....Good genes........since I save money on my hair, I get my nails done all of the time.....lol

That's awesome! My aunt just turned 65 and she has maybe a single dozen gray hairs. Unfortunately I got my mother's genes and at 22 I get gray hairs, even in my eyebrows!