what color is your natural hair?

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Light brown.

Has been about every color but fire engine red. My favorite is brown with a little red mixed in
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Natural light blonde
    I dye my hair all the time...
    I'm enjoying my brunette hair, though.

(http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4201/photoon20120219at1206.jpg <-Natural color)
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    natural - red (have been going natural since 2005!)
    winter - closer to a auburn
    summer - closer to strawberry blonde

If I had naturally red hair I would NEVER EVER EVER dye it. I have major jealousy of red heads...mostly because I could never even dye my hair that shade without looking ridiculous (seeing as I'm brown).

I've always said that if I had natural red hair, I would NEVER dye it. Red hair is so pretty!

as for the hot factor, that's true, too! Hot redheads are hard to come by!
    yea, when i was in middle school i tried dying it blonde... BIG MISTAKE... and my mom still made me go to school :grumble: BUT i used to hate my hair color, till i went natural for locks of love. then i was told my natural hair color was a color people would "die for", also i found out that hot red heads were hard to find...

Question for the natural red heads: All the red heads that I have encountered have had a strange hair texture, kinda like a wire-haired dachshund, and I was wondering if that was an individual attribute or if it's all red heads? Keep in mind, I've known probably only 3 red heads, so I know that it very well could be individual, but I was curious.

actually me and 1 one of my sisters are redheads and she has that texture of hair. i was born a strawberry blonde and as i aged (and dyed my hair) my hair became a bit darker so my hair is soft, thick, and totally red! (thank god!)

My hair strands are really thick and whenever I don't put any smoothing serum it's really frizzy. Other than that, not too many problems. I do have some cousins and omg I wouldn't wish that hair texture on anyone!

I have naturally curly hair, but when it is straight or blow dried out I have the same texture as non-redheads.
  • carolina2768
    carolina2768 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    veryy light blonde...platinum technically i suppose
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Blonde but not a normal blonde. My sister calls it silvery whatever that means.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Light blonde.

Tried to dye it red once, slight disaster - Red for day, loved it then more orange and eventually pink.
    Had it in braids for years, but too lazy to do much with it so keep it natural now.

I would love to have really dark hair!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ill never tell:wink:
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Light brown.

I have it white blonde all year round, sometimes it's a more natural ashy colour depending how much I tone it!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Naturally it's a rather boring shade of mid-dark brown.
    It's currently a weird light brown/ginger shade, from where I bleached it and then dyed it bright red. Then purple. Then auburn. What's left is a bit of a mess... really want to get it sorted for summer and go a bit lighter, maybe dark blonde?
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Usually I have a pretty dark brown, but since I haven't had my hair cut for a while and went to South France last summer it has lightened up a lot :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my natural colour is, I've been peroxide blonde since I was about 16. With the occasional blue / pink rinse thrown in for fun. I'd love to go grey....
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Natural color is dark brown/black. I don't bother dying it anymore!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    dark, dark brown. I've never colored/dyed it. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. When you say you color your hair do you have someone do it or do it yourself most of the time? What advice would you give to someone who has never tried to?
    I dye my own but use salon-quality hair color. Boxed kits like you buy at the grocery or drug store can be good but hardly anyone will get the color on the box. I stay away from them now after a few bad experiences.

If your hair is dark brown you'll likely pull more red/orange (brassy) if you lighten it yourself. If you've never done it I'd suggest just going to your hairdresser or a friend with experience and having them put a few highlights and/or lowlights (darker color) in. Chances are even that small change will seem big to you until you get used to it.

Ask them if they recommend using a Balayage technique- it produces highlights that grow out more naturally than other techniques, in case you decide it was too much.

*not a hairdresser. I just play one on tv. :)

Thank you! :) I guess it would be low lights that I would like. I think! ha
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    black or really really dark brown. i dye it- it is now strawberry blond-ish. nobody has seen me with black hair in a long time. i have been dyeing it for a long time now so i know what works with my hair but i suggest if you are lightening more than one shade to go to a salon. i have had many hair nightmares from using the wrong products.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    black or really really dark brown...like in all my pics
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    black or really really dark brown. i dye it- it is now strawberry blond-ish. nobody has seen me with black hair in a long time. i have been dyeing it for a long time now so i know what works with my hair but i suggest if you are lightening more than one shade to go to a salon. i have had many hair nightmares from using the wrong products.

Your color looks nice on you! It's great that some can wear so many different colors at all of them look so good! I don't think I would look right with too much of a color change. ha
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hair colour as picture :-) Red, goes lighter in the Summer Darker in the winter by itself...my mum would never let me colour my hair when younger and im glad now :-)
  • denveralexis
    denveralexis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't remember my natural color, but right now I'm a blonde :) I plan on dying it a fire engine red for summer (:
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    naturally blonde but it has gotten darker the older i have become so now i get it bleached blonde! i love it. want to get it peroxide white! :happy:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have never dyed or highlighted my hair, so what you see is what you get.