DO ALL MEN!! WORRY ABOUT WOMEN WEIGHT

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    That may be your man, but it's not men. Don't blame all of us for the actions of whatever insensitive *kitten* you're with. Wise up and start choosing better partners.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My (soon-to-be-ex) husband never said truly awful things when I was obese, although he did insert his foot in his mouth with lines like, "You're not a BAD looking girl," but it did get frustrating as I shed the weight and he would make comments about how, with every pound I lost, I got more attractive, or how he was glad he had a trophy wife now and someone he wasn't embarrassed to show off in public.
    So not all guys are like that, but some are. It stinks.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That may be your man, but it's not men. Don't blame all of us for the actions of whatever insensitive *kitten* you're with. Wise up and start choosing better partners.

She probably stuffed the better partners into the "friend category."

Yeah this tends to happen LOL. I had a friend growing up that was a complete and total ***hole and he had to beat the women away with a stick, I was the nice one and never got any attention other than "Friends Zone".

I've never, ever treated my wife differently, regardless of weight, she's MUCH harder on herself about weight than I ever would be.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo8l03o4D7uwm7ZsoKTgK0XK3oD8Z7HXxVt7fb5WO1fB_DkJnXTaRC16Im
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    No they don't. I asked him "why didn't you tell me I gained weight", he didn't even know, now thats sweet. It was my choice to get motivated and lose weight.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Took the words out of my mouth!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Precisely. Happens all the time.

Ladies, stop crying you can't meet a good man. You already have. Dozens of them. You just overlooked them for six pack abs or a flashy car or some other stupid reason. If you're dating an *kitten* it's because you chose to date an *kitten*.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go send flowers to my gf's office. No reason. Just 'cause.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    I worry about fitness..don't wanna be wiping a butt in my old age..rather be out motorcycling or biking.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My husband has treated me the same throughout my high and low weights, he doesn't even want me to lose weight now, because he loves my curves, but he understands i'm just trying to get rid of the baby flab.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes. Though some are smart enough to keep quite about it.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Some do at least around me. To them I am still labeled as thick.....or bigboned........seems to me most that are around me here are more interested in how tiny she is versus how in shape she is ....

I am learning to embrace the way I look.....and ignore commentary from others
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Precisely. Happens all the time.

Ladies, stop crying you can't meet a good man. You already have. Dozens of them. You just overlooked them for six pack abs or a flashy car or some other stupid reason. If you're dating an *kitten* it's because you chose to date an *kitten*.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go send flowers to my gf's office. No reason. Just 'cause.

Now that's how it's done!

I agree with what you said, also. My husband is wonderful and I'm so lucky that he was still left behind while all of his female friends overlooked him to date a series of jerks and douches.

When I gained weight, he still acted like I was the most beautiful girl in the room (even though....puh-lease!) and now that I'm making this change for myself, he's my number one supporter. :heart:
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Unless he is uttering nasty things toward you it could really just be your perception.

i have been married for 18+ years and i have never had any issues like that with my husband, though I can say there were times I used to think that he was blind because I looked nasty and he still thought I was sexy.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, there are men out there who are able to look beneath the surface and love the real woman, not (just) the body. My ex-husband wasn't attracted to me when I was 20 lbs too heavy, and he wasn't attracted to me when I got lean and toned and my bf% was too low to suit him. I don't have an opinion on whether "all men" are like that (haven't been in many relationships, and for some reason I seem to attract the body obsessed ones); but I can assure you that I'll be single until I meet someone who wants more than a perfect package. Not all men, or people in general, are superficial idiots. It just seems like the ones who aren't are already taken. :)
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Egh. Very hard for me to say. I met and married my spouse when I was a 12 and 160 pounds. 2 kids, fertility treatments and a hell of a lot of exercise I am a size 12 and 184 pounds. I look better now then when we married. However my spouse is very turned off by weight gain and pregnancy. He was not when we met, because guess what people change.

I hate how people always say if your spouse or s/o treats you badly its your fault. Way to blame the victim. You can meet a guy and he can be a great person, for years even. Then throw marriage, children, a lot of living experience and stress into the mix and guess what. Not everyone is same.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options

This. My man treated me amazingly when I was overweight and treats me amazingly when I lost it.
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's definately the men you're with. My husband has treated me exactly the same from day 1 (12 years ago), throughout having 2 kids, and today and when I weighed 20 lbs than I do now. He loves me no matter what weight I am and when I lose weight, it's because I want to...not because HE wants me to or treats me any different.

And actually he always tells me I have a beautiful body, which makes it less than motivating to try to impress him! LOL

THIS!!! Mine just says he loves me anyway I am. Would he be happire if I were at the weight we met - I am sure. Would he ever voice it or even show it - nope. He is always reassuring even when I am self conscious. I know since I gained I have trouble dressing in front of him. He justs laughs, usually saying - all these years, I know every inch of you. You can do the things we do but you can't dress in front of me.

We have been through worse things than 40lbs, so if any man (or woman or partner) would makes the other feel bad for flesh - not someone you want to be around.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Because, PANTS
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first command of the thread title. Not so much with the second.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband was horrible to me about my weight. Most men I've met since him tell me they love the way I look. I struggle with just saying thank you because of what he had put into my head. I would walk around feeling like an absolute beast. And I looked just like I do now. And even when I weighed 20 lbs less then right now he told me "well you could look better"........I sure don't miss him! Oh wait - this isn't a thread about ex-husbands is it???