What's your water secret?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    The more I move the more my body wants water.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything else (besides my 2 cups of coffee in the morning). So, if I'm thirsty, it's water or nothing.
  • jennyferngiraffes
    jennyferngiraffes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I carry around one of those liter smart water bottles with me all day...room temperature.
  • foxxysox
    foxxysox Posts: 16
    Options
    Every morning I fill a 32 oz water bottle and keep it handy - on the kitchen counter, at the computer desk, wherever I happen to be working at the time. If I am heading out the door, I'll take it along. It is easier to drink more freely if you keep it at room temp, although on hot summer days ice would probably be more desirable and refreshing. It isn't hard to drink 1-2 quarts a day if you make a habit of it.

I think having the type of bottle with a built -in straw makes drinking more pleasant; you aren't tipping up the bottle and gulping a lot of air along with it.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have nothing else to drink. I cut out caffeine because it affects my anxiety so I have been drinking water since September. Nothing but it.

I drink 16 oz bottle waters. One bottle = 2 cups of water. That's how I get them down lol
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everytime I feel hungry, bored, go into the kitchen for no reason, I drink a big glass opf water.

I eat because I am bored so now I try to drink out my boredom!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use a water calculator, that you can google and find, for my body type and drink that. It's works for me! I don't think if you mix water with anything that it is considered water. MY OPINION! *Not a Kool-Aid fan* LOL!

Thanks for the topic.
    Sara
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I drink plain water, no extra flavoring or anything. I have a 32 ounce Camelbak with the squishy straw that I helps me get down more in a short amount of time. I fill it up 3 quarters of the way with ice, it has to be coooold. I was never a water drinker before, but now I definitely notice if I haven't had enough! It's like I crave it!
  • mebras3775
    Options
    You are actually suppose to get half of your body weight in ounces in water. For example I am 183 so 183/2= 91.5 ounces of water I should be drinking a day. I drink nothing but water. I drink a 24 oz bottle of water before every meal and I add in water with my exercise. You just have to do it. I can't drink soda anymore because the caffeine gives me anxiety at bedtime and the sugar gets me sick
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have one of those sippy bottles. I can't say why, but now I drink enough water every day. I just make sure I carry it around with my in my backpack or my purse.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I drink cold filtered water, and my first 24 ounces goes into my body in the morning before a bite of anything else. After that I drink 16 ounce glasses until I've consumed between 12-16 cups for the day. I just do it. My body needs it and DOESN'T need the other crap I used to drink, so. I have also learned not to drink anything with my meals, not even water.

When I first started the water drinking several years ago, I was not fond of it, but like many other things that are good for you, if you stick with it, it becomes an enjoyable habit.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I make myself gulp down a cup or two of water before I can have the drink I really want. I'll stand at the fridge or water cooler and do it there before I grab a flavored drink and head back to my couch/desk.
  • keriann1
    keriann1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I do enjoy drinking water, have never liked to add anything. If i'm at home all day I have a tendency not to drink enough but try to carry a water bottle around with me everywhere i go.
    I always have a glass of water before i eat and whilst at work I just constantly refill my water bottle from the water fountain as the vending machine tea is horrible.
    I think it will probably just become a habit, i used to drink bottles and bottles of soda but just completely stopped 2 years ago and just replaced it with water. I always drink at least two bottles whilst working out at the gym as well
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    I love water, it's really the only thing I drink aside from unsweetened teas. Despite that though, I still had a hard time taking it in because I only remembered to drink when I felt thirsty.

Then I purchased a high quality sports bottle - 18/8 stainless steel with a bright orange, soft, rubberized straw spout. It holds 3.5 cups of water so I aim to refill it about 3 times a day.
    I carry this bottle with me everywhere and I feel naked without it, like being attached to a cell phone. The bright orange spout catches my eye and reminds me to drink; it's also soft and easy to use while I drive and work out. Refilling it 3 times a day is less daunting and easier to keep track of than individualized glasses.
  • oOraSngUe
    oOraSngUe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Orange Camelbak water bottle filled with Alkaline Water. I can drink 80-120oz a day. I just sit with it on my lap and i drink it without even thinking about it. before i know it... I have to pee :)
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I keep a one gallon jug at my desk so I have the water handy when it gets busy at work. Just take the jug home and refill it. Put it back in the car as so as youll it so you don't forget it.
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Never used to drink water at all now it's all I drink except fruit/herbal/rooibos tea.

Every time I fill my glass up at the sink, I drink a glass down in one before taking a full glass back to my desk. If I've looked at my glass and it's empty i'm probably thirsty and could therefore drink a whole glass anyway!