Dr. Pepper 10

Options
QueenJayJay
QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
"...it's not for women!"

Discriminating commercials are a wonderful way to sell a product-- especially since, in the majority of homes, women* do the grocery shopping.

Facepalm, Dr. Pepper, facepalm.

*Disclaimer: I am not saying men do not grocery shop. I am saying it is not the "norm." (http://www.fmi.org/forms/uploadFiles/412C30000000E.toc.Time_Use_Institute_Preview_2008.pdf)

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I googled "stupid Dr. Pepper" and this was the first image to come up

article-1359710-0D510519000005DC-10_468x286.jpg
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    second one was this

dr_pepper_kiss-572x639.jpg
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i thought the same thing! oh and we also don't like action movies?? how ridiculous.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    i thought the same thing! oh and we also don't like action movies?? how ridiculous.

Exactly! Did they not hire anyone in their marketing department???
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    My Husband saw that commercial, laughed, and said "It is SO for women, I wouldn't drink it!" He only loves the real Dr. Pepper :)
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    Personally i drink Dr. Pepper 10 because no man is going to tell me that its not for me! :drinker:
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Personally i drink Dr. Pepper 10 because no man is going to tell me that its not for me! :drinker:

:love:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I think they were counting on viewers understanding sarcasm.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding”
    ― Betty White

Just saying.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    j73w61.gif
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    first ... there's not a "." after the "dr" -- something true dr pepper fans know.

but, more importantly? I think they were counting on viewers understanding sarcasm.

Are you new here? :wink:

The purpose of it was to market Dr. Pepper to men (sorry; grammar teacher-- can't do it.), so where is the sarcasm in that?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    this says it all

pug-02.png
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding”
    ― Betty White

Just saying.

graphics-laughing-622377.gif
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    first ... there's not a "." after the "dr" -- something true dr pepper fans know.

but, more importantly? I think they were counting on viewers understanding sarcasm.

The purpose of it was to market Dr. Pepper to men (sorry; grammar teacher-- can't do it.), so where is the sarcasm in that?

It's okay...he's with me...just as sarcastic as the rest of us
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    the big question is how dose it taste is it good
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options

We wouldn't know "It's not for Women"
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

It's okay...he's with me...just as sarcastic as the rest of us

:laugh:

But I still don't think they intended any sarcasm...
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

We wouldn't know "It's not for Women"

A woman drank it??? So, do we like call the police now, or what?
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

I'm a journalist. you've gotta write it the way it is.

(unless you are me and don't feel the need to use the shift key when typing online.)

it's kind of like adidas, which has no caps, even if it is the first word of a sentence.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options

I'm a journalist. you've gotta write it the way it is.

(unless you are me and don't feel the need to use the shift key when typing online.)

it's kind of like adidas, which has no caps, even if it is the first word of a sentence.

Don't start ts0ck...that's the Queen...you can't win