• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I do!

I dig the pig!
    its-15306-1294319852-64.jpg

Dr. Pepper knock off. I LOL'd

umm I really want a case of that!

does anyone live near a piggly wiggly????
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I do!

I dig the pig!

Seriously jealous!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg

LAST TIME I'm saying this! :wink:

My OP did NOT say I was "offended." I just said it wasn't a very smart marketing strategy, because saying it's not for women does not make me want to buy it, and my husband does not grocery shop.

Facepalm, MFP, facepalm.

Resume. :bigsmile:
    I disagree. Now if you always do what you're told (which is often kinda hot), and you don't buy it, then the ploy fails.

If the fact that they are marketing it to men does not dissuade you...win.

If some women see it as a challenge and at least try it...win.

If men drink it in hopes it makes them more manly...win.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I disagree. Now if you always do what you're told (which is often kinda hot), and you don't buy it, then the ploy fails.

JJ [1] Dr. Pepper 10 [0]
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

JJ [1] Dr. Pepper 10 [0]
    Damn it! I'll inform the mayor
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Damn it! I'll inform the mayor

We have a mayor now?
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Personally i drink Dr. Pepper 10 because no man is going to tell me that its not for me! :drinker:

Exactly! I love the taste of it!!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    From what I read when the product came out - it was supposed to be marketed towards men and women. They thought women would buy it to prove the marketing wrong, and the men would buy it because it's not a full on "diet" drink.

I have tried it - and it actually taste really good. It doesn't have that diet after taste. But then again - if I were a woman I guess I could be offended. I still haven't broken down and bought Secret (strong enough for a man, but made for a woman)
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    second one was this

dr_pepper_kiss-572x639.jpg

Stupid google, this one should have been first.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    [img[http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing002.gif[/img]

LAST TIME I'm saying this! :wink:

My OP did NOT say I was "offended." I just said it wasn't a very smart marketing strategy, because saying it's not for women does not make me want to buy it, and my husband does not grocery shop.

Facepalm, MFP, facepalm.

Resume. :bigsmile:

bwahaha.gif

That praying mantis is fabulous! :laugh:
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I actually find the commercial hilarious but I'm a Mountain Dew fan and my hubby likes Coke Zero stuffs so I haven't tried it.

I do agree though that the marketing seems a bit off. I haven't seen the commercial much though, so it's possible it is marketed towards more shows that are geared towards men more?

I think what they were trying to do is gear the ad towards men who want to drink something they would think was "healthier" but not "diet"

Which my response would be.... a real man doesn't need to care how it is perceived lol...

Just drink whatever the heck ya want, if it tastes good. :)
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Personally i drink Dr. Pepper 10 because no man is going to tell me that its not for me! :drinker:

I think that's the whole point of those stupid commericals - reverse psychology.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Am I the only woman who isn't offended by this? I just thought it was a joke...or am I not reading far enough into it?

It is a joke!!! That men do not drink diet drinks and women do. So here is a "diet" drink that men will actually drink. It is a joke. Just like the axe commercials...like how many women are going to hop in bed with a man just because he has on axe cologne. It is a joke.

I think the commercials are funny!! And, Dr. Pepper 10 is the only diet soda that I like. it actually tastes good!

Do men get offended when they see a tiny woman eating a big Hardees burger? Is Hardees saying that you men can't handle a big burger like a tiny woman? No, it is just making fun of our stereo types.

Thank you! Someone who gets it! The stereotype is that men don't drink diet soda, so they're trying to get them to try it by challenging their "manliness". I like Dr Pepper 10, though not as much as Pepsi Max.

CATCHPHRASE!
  • Crimson_
    Crimson_ Posts: 60
    Options
    even i thought this when i saw the comercial, but really why would you want 10 calories? and it tastes like crap....i rather have 0 than 10...
    like its so manly to have 10 more calories than a woman? WTF?! it truly is an aweful comercial
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options
    I actually find the commercial hilarious but I'm a Mountain Dew fan and my hubby likes Coke Zero stuffs so I haven't tried it.

I do agree though that the marketing seems a bit off. I haven't seen the commercial much though, so it's possible it is marketed towards more shows that are geared towards men more?

I think what they were trying to do is gear the ad towards men who want to drink something they would think was "healthier" but not "diet"

Which my response would be.... a real man doesn't need to care how it is perceived lol...

Just drink whatever the heck ya want, if it tastes good. :)

I PINK PUFFY HEART YOUR PROFILE PIC!
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding”
    ― Betty White

Just saying.

:love: Using this as often as possible.:love:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this stuff here will get someone's breeches in a knot:
    _DSC0672.jpg

Sexist. And delicious.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think they were counting on viewers understanding sarcasm.
    Agreed!
  • Cnsa143
    Cnsa143 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am drinking a Dr Pepper 10 right now and I so prefer this over the diet or regular......STUPID COMMERCIAL
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options
    I do!

I dig the pig!

Seriously jealous!

I know of one about 30 miles away... do i need to start mailing orders? lol