One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    "No Offense"

Ummm, yes offense...if you had to add that phrase in there you are obviously thinking it applies to me" :angry:

I saw a quote one time "No offense means: I am about to say something offensive but don't get mad"

It is SO rude! :explode:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat conversations = deadhorse.gif
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I just recently moved to California from Chicago and I hear the word "hella" all the time here.

"that shirt is hella cute" or "he is hella sexy". It makes me want to high five them in the face with a chair
    LOL!!!! :laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • mammaFireBear
    mammaFireBear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It makes me want to high five them in the face with a chair

When I read this I laughed so hard I snorted....I am going to use this saying as much as I can, becouse it tickles
    Me so.....:laugh:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    "what diet are you doing?"

Im not "doing" a "diet" argh.

I hate this too! One day it was apparent that another nurse I was working with was as sick of hearing that as I was when she responded to someone, "Cocaine. She is doing the cocaine diet." :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    ... We're talking about the simple phrase "muscle weighs more than fat".
    "muscle weight more than fat" is incomplete. It makes assumptions that not everyone will make correctly. Ever watch, "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" People forget or didn't learn a lot of stuff that others assume is common knowledge.

If you are making the statement that muscle weight more than fat, you are probably talking to someone learning about weight loss and fitness. The key word here is "learning". And with learning, you try to use facts.

My 2 cents. I'll back out of this conversation now. :flowerforyou:

BTW, I'm sure "my 2 cents" has got to be on this list somewhere!!! :laugh:

But the fact that this answer (because muscle weighs more than fat) is usually given in answer to a question such as "why are my clothes getting looser (or I'm losing inches) but I'm not losing weight" makes it even more illogical to assume that anyone means the same weight of each. The question has already specified that the weight is different.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just recently moved to California from Chicago and I hear the word "hella" all the time here.

"that shirt is hella cute" or "he is hella sexy". It makes me want to high five them in the face with a chair

:laugh: I'm from northern California. Live here long enough and you'll be using it too :happy:
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Irregardless, at the end of the day, haters gonna hate. Just sayin.. it is what it is. LOL
  • Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When my boss says"That's Fair Enough", it drives me nuts.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When someone says, "If you have a question ask myself", instead of "If you have a question ask me."
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    When someone gives their 110% -- where does that extra 10% come from?

LOL
    This is the one that annoys my husband!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Mine is "It is what it is..." I can't stand it when someone says that. It is totally over used, and makes no sense whatsoever.

This one's mine. "It is what it is." Well wtf else would it be?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

It's unnecessary because everyone knows what it means. Nobody would ever say, "Lead weighs more than feathers by volume." It would be superfluous.

yes, it would be superfluous, but to say "a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat" is, on its face incorrect. A pound is a pound all the world 'round. A pound of anything does weigh the same as a pound of anything else, assuming that both are at the same height above the earth's surface. If one is at sea level and the other is in orbit, than a pound is not a pound. If you want to be accurate, you need to talk about volume or mass.

Yeah but no one says a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat, they just say "muscle weighs more than fat"
  • tashjs21
    Options

:laugh: I'm from northern California. Live here long enough and you'll be using it too :happy:

When I lived in Los Angeles people said "No Worries" all of the time. It irritated me for some reason but I say it now. :embarassed:

I had major issues with it for a while because my manager said it a lot but usually when she said it to people it was more of a "I am saying no worries but you really jumped up my *kitten* list with this one"

So for the longest time I thought that anyone saying "No worries" was saying Eff you. :laugh:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

It's unnecessary because everyone knows what it means. Nobody would ever say, "Lead weighs more than feathers by volume." It would be superfluous.

yes, it would be superfluous, but to say "a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat" is, on its face incorrect. A pound is a pound all the world 'round. A pound of anything does weigh the same as a pound of anything else, assuming that both are at the same height above the earth's surface. If one is at sea level and the other is in orbit, than a pound is not a pound. If you want to be accurate, you need to talk about volume or mass.

Yeah but no one says a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat, they just say "muscle weighs more than fat"
    Say density; muscle has a higher kg per litre density than fat...
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    It's not a phrase...but I hate it when people say butthurt....lol

I think I'm just setting myself up for someone to say that I shouldn't get all "butthurt" about that word.:tongue:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peev is "my biggest pet peev":laugh: :happy:
  • tiffygrl12
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

You would hate me I say it all the time! lol
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    "Cool story bro" "You're cool." "DTF" those drive me crazzzyyyyyy whenever I argue with my sister (she's 14) she says "oh you're cool.. cool story bro you should tell it at parties you'd get tons of friends." lol seriously shut up
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I do not like to hear the following things.....

"Dude"
    "That's O.K." and then they tell you how bad their stuff is compared to yours
    "Seriously?"
    "Really? " ....my usual response is .."no, I am lieing to you."

There are more but that is a good sampling
    Oh yeah!! My husband does that! "its ok, blah blah blah." NO its not ok. Or I'll ask him, why is it ok? How does THAT make what I just said "ok"? Grrr...

I say the same thing......is it? Is it really ok? ....bah

Oh my goodness,I say dude and seriously all the time.:laugh: :laugh: Dude,you would hate me,seriously!