One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "Just sayin". I seriously hate when people add that on. It makes them sound like they belong in a snotty high school.
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    Options
    i hate it when ppl call me "dude". um...last time I checked, I was not a dude!
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    Options
    "Just sayin". I seriously hate when people add that on. It makes them sound like they belong in a snotty high school.

i dislike this too, and me being from the south, I see it also spelled Just SayN. So annoying!
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Thats because it is what it is.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves the word "hubby"

"My hubby cooked me dinner today"

Makes him sound like a fat whale from a cartoon

LOL!!!!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

I know! Right??? :laugh: Haha. I hate this one too.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Epic. As in " that's epic!!". Epics are poems or stories that chronicle a great feat, for example Homer's The Oddesy is an epic. *cringe*
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    "Please let me go I swear I wont tell what you did to me or the sheep"

I get so sick of hearing that:angry:
    Ha!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    "What's that?"

a guy i know says this every time after someone is done talking. so annoying! get some damn hearing aides! ugh.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    How long is this marathon you're running?

Hahaha, I've never heard anyone ask that, maybe I should start running marathons :) You'd think the "26.2" stickers on the back of everyone's car would give it away, eh?

I can never tell if people are bad at spelling or are espousing a particular metaphor when they consistently use the verb "loose" with reference to weight.

"I would like to loose 48 more pounds" makes it sound like you are rearing 48 very chubby falcons in there, and you are just waiting for them to learn how to fly. Or perhaps you imagine the excess fat as salmon hatchlings, and you are going to loose them into your local freshwater stream by eating vegetables and getting on the elliptical. Unorthodox fishery management, but okay.

That is the funniest thing I have heard or read in a long time! Thank you, your words totally made my day!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    (You ain't all that!! ) like so lame to say... !!!:laugh:
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YOLO.
    Anything involving 'swag.'

Teenagers... -___-

But haha, I'm so guilty of saying "I know, right?!" It's like my catchphrase. My dad always makes fun of me for saying it...
  • ThatGirlGlow
    ThatGirlGlow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Does that make sense?" ....this only frustrates me when it is used 10 times in the same conversation, and the only thing the peron is talking about is their reaction to something/some unimportant life story
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The phrase that totally drives me crazy: "What you fail to realize."
  • mum2threeboys
    Options
    :explode: anything with the word "retarded" or "that's so gay"...really!?!? From the gay perspective it makes me want to smack the living **** out of you and using the word "retarded" is classless and insulting to those who actually are mentally challenged. They both are downing...

I agree with that. I have a son with Autism and Verbal Dyspraxia and I had one person say something was retarded (or something with the word retard or retarded, cant remember now lol). I basically told them I had a son with Autism and Verbal Dyspraxia and I do not appreciate that word being used.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    How long is this marathon you're running?

Hahaha, I've never heard anyone ask that, maybe I should start running marathons :) You'd think the "26.2" stickers on the back of everyone's car would give it away, eh?

I can never tell if people are bad at spelling or are espousing a particular metaphor when they consistently use the verb "loose" with reference to weight.

"I would like to loose 48 more pounds" makes it sound like you are rearing 48 very chubby falcons in there, and you are just waiting for them to learn how to fly. Or perhaps you imagine the excess fat as salmon hatchlings, and you are going to loose them into your local freshwater stream by eating vegetables and getting on the elliptical. Unorthodox fishery management, but okay.

That is the funniest thing I have heard or read in a long time! Thank you, your words totally made my day!!

This is just too good! Misspelling really frustrates me as well; and the word "awesome", used over and over again!!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Irregardless.

6 and 1/2 dozen of the other. God I want to hit someone in the eye sockets when they say that.

Murse, moobs, or any other variation of the womenly words turned manly by putting an "M" in front of the word. Here's a clue, it's not funny anymore.

:laugh:
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Haha!! Sorry, one of my biggest peeves is when someone says "All of THE sudden..." I don't know why, but it totally irks me. Also, I'm sorry you had to go thru that. :-(

A few other things that really flip my lid are flustrated and prolly, and when someone says expresso instead of espresso. There is no X people!!!! My best friend does this and I want to choke her every.single.time.

Periods between words....

Just kidding, I do that too!

My brother in law always says, "What you shoulda did is...." You mean "what I should have done", right?
    :-P I was wondering if anyone would call me out about that! HAHA!! But that is how it sounds in my head when I say it!
  • massagediva2001
    Options
    It stands for F**k my life.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    :explode: anything with the word "retarded" or "that's so gay"...really!?!? From the gay perspective it makes me want to smack the living **** out of you and using the word "retarded" is classless and insulting to those who actually are mentally challenged. They both are downing...

What if you say that's so gay about a purple feather boa designed specifically for a gay man? is it ok then
    Not meaning to pick on you or anything, but now you've got me wondering - if one were to design a purple feather boa specificlly for a gay man, how would it differ from a standard-issue boa designed for wear by either gender? Broader across the shoulders? Zip fly opening to the right? Feathers sourced exclusively from gay male birds?

Inquiring mind(s) want(s) to know... :smile: