One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• turbomachine1
    turbomachine1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "I'm afraid we can't help you"....lol...really? afraid?
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Here's three:
    I hate the word preggers. Don't know why but it's worse than nails on a chalkboard.

I hate the new 'I heart' fad. I heart this, I heart that. WTF?? That sounds completely idiotic!! It's right up there with guys wearing their pants below their butts - walkin and hikin. DUMB! HAHAHA

It makes me want to punch someone when people combine names like Brangelina, for example. Is it that hard to say Brad and Angelina? That 'cutsiness' (pardon me while I make up my own word) makes me want to vomit!! While I'm at it here are a few more inspired by 'Brangelina': vomitateous, gagerific, puketastrophy!

Thank you for reading. Have nice day. LOL
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

You would hate me I say it all the time! lol

Me too! :blushing: I actually just said it two seconds ago, not even realizing it! :sad:
  • jamietoddmiller
    Options
    When my kids draw out the word WHAT.. Drives me up a wall
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just recently moved to California from Chicago and I hear the word "hella" all the time here.

"that shirt is hella cute" or "he is hella sexy". It makes me want to high five them in the face with a chair

LOL
  • bfuture
    bfuture Posts: 4
    Options
    " you so stupid..."
    " go stupid!"
    "Go kill yourself"

All these sayings are just ridiculous! Honestly, who came up with this crap! When boys (ages 7-17) are walking around with too small/tight shirts --- that were originally made for skinner women -- paired with too tight pants and THEN sags them so you can see their multiple color boxers with GIANT sneakers-- I am just dumb struck when they say that stupid and hurtful phrase GO KILL YOURSELF.

It's like you have no respect for yourself or others! Teen suicide is not FUNNY!!!!

It scares me to think about my lil boy's future..So disappointing....
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just recently moved to California from Chicago and I hear the word "hella" all the time here.

"that shirt is hella cute" or "he is hella sexy". It makes me want to high five them in the face with a chair

:laugh: I'm from northern California. Live here long enough and you'll be using it too :happy:

I think because it irritates the piss out of me- it will be very unlikely that I will ever say it. It doesn't even make sense to me, check with me in six months from now :wink: I might owe you a drink
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    When people say " COULD OF.." or " SHOULD OF "

Its "COULD HAVE" or " SHOULD HAVE "

AAARGH!!! (@&#(*$*@^*!!!!!

:grumble:
  • Silver_Star
    Options
    "I'm afraid we can't help you"....lol...really? afraid?
    HAHAHHA!!! i love this!!
  • Silver_Star
    Options
    "I'm sorry you feel that way"

Because it basically translates to "I'm not sorry I did what I did, only that you responded so poorly". You might as well just keep that to yourself.

This!!!!!
  • watts7787
    watts7787 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Irregardless, at the end of the day, haters gonna hate. Just sayin.. it is what it is. LOL

I SERIOUSLY just lolololol'd at this like really! Let me tell you something girl, you got swag.
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Another one is "Fad Diet" Not only is it a pretty meaningless statement, it's normally completely wrong.

For example Low carb diets have been around and prescribed by Doctors since 1869, not to mention it's the way we ate for thousands of years before agriculture, but most people still call them "fad diets".

Below is a link to the 1869 pamphlet as evidence.
    http://www.lowcarb.ca/corpulence/
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When people use "literally" when they mean "figuratively", i.e., "I was literally dead after our walk."

Should I notify your next of kin? Or Ripley's?

A second peeve: less is about volume; fewer, number. Try this: if you want fewer penguins in your smoothy, remove them prior to blending. If you want less penguins, blend first.... (this the level to which 17 years of teaching high school English has reduced me.)

Last:
    "These ones." Plural singulars? Unless there's a pile of ones (perhaps in bill form?), this seems super goofy/wrong/inaccurate/WRONG/annoying/WRONG....and, the funniest part of this bothering me is that, when I was a teen in the bronze age, it bothered my father that I said "these ones," and I wasn't aware of the error of my ways.
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves the word "hubby"

"My hubby cooked me dinner today"

Makes him sound like a fat whale from a cartoon

Hahahaha, hilarious! I hate the word hubby. It is so awful. It is somehow worse when people say "The Hubby" instead of "My Hubby". UGH
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When people say "That's so gay". Gay does not equal stupid or uncool or unfair or whatever it is you are trying to convey. Expand your vocabulary.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options

A second peeve: less is about volume; fewer, number. Try this: if you want fewer penguins in your smoothy, remove them prior to blending. If you want less penguins, blend first.... (this the level to which 17 years of teaching high school English has reduced me.)

^^^This! And I hear it everywhere.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    It will get better... heard it to much...

From my ex "Im trying" drove me up the wall since he NEVER tried... not really
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "Cant care"....hate that one
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    "Please let me go I swear I wont tell what you did to me or the sheep"

I get so sick of hearing that:angry:
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have two: "you deserve it" (treat, holiday, whatever) and "they're just jealous."