One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "He's such a Nimrod" being meant as a negative slur. If you look up the name "Nimrod" you will find that he was in the Old Testament of the Bible and listed as "A great and mighty hunter".
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    People down east (in North America) use some in an annoying way! They say things like "Your daughter is some pretty" or "that was some annoying"... seriously? I feel like they are saying partially and it drives me nuts! lol It just isn't in my non east vocabulary

Where on earth is "down east" ??
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    "haters gonna hate"
    so over used.

Oh but so new to me in the UK!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Well actually saying you "could care less" says you actually care as you could actually care less than you are already.

However

If you "couldn't care less" then you well and truly could not give two s**** about it... you honestly don't care...

Quite different the two phrases, and is annoying when people mix them up...

I have never heard/seen anyone say "I could care less" as anything other than a way of trying to convey that they don't care...and it's wronnnnng
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hate when people say "ya know" after each and every sentence! Aaahhhhh!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm not from the South, and people here say "or either" ALL the time and it makes my ears bleed. "You could go that way, or either you could go this way." GAHHH!

"Also too." Why? Just.. why????

I also hate it when people repeat something they find amusing, after the phrase "you said". Ex:

me: I want to high-five him. In the face.
    her: haha you said you want to high-five him in the face!
    Uh, I know. I just said it! ?!?!??!?!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Whatever!
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just recently moved to California from Chicago and I hear the word "hella" all the time here.

"that shirt is hella cute" or "he is hella sexy". It makes me want to high five them in the face with a chair

:laugh: I'm from northern California. Live here long enough and you'll be using it too :happy:

I think because it irritates the piss out of me- it will be very unlikely that I will ever say it. It doesn't even make sense to me, check with me in six months from now :wink: I might owe you a drink

LOL Hella is used in place of words like really, very, extremely and so on. One phrase commonly used is "that's hella tight" lol meaning that's really cool.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say, "that's funny", but they don't laugh. I want to punch them in the throat. Or, maybe even cut them.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Whatever!

WHATEVER!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Reading through all of these made me think of another.. My fiance always says "Ya know?" or "Ya know what I mean." Then he keeps talking! More often than not, I DON'T know or I DON'T know what he means!! :grumble:
  • LovesAdventure
    LovesAdventure Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "Can I pick your brain?" Ugh! I just hate that phrase!
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "That's what I'm talking about." YES, I am educated and I CAN Comprehend what you are saying!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Okay so this is an offshoot of the "one word that makes you cringe" topic.

Mine is "It is what it is..." I can't stand it when someone says that. It is totally over used, and makes no sense whatsoever.
    '

Done in one.

With 'Do what now?' as a follow up.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say, "that's funny", but they don't laugh. I want to punch them in the throat. Or, maybe even cut them.
    You know what's interesting Turk, she's not saying that's so sad. She's actually crying
  • merlyn311
    merlyn311 Posts: 11
    Options
    I hate:

My bad
    Don't be ugly
    (really? how do I stop being ugly)
    Over yonder
    (where the F is "over yonder"???)
  • ncates00
    ncates00 Posts: 51
    Options
    REALLY?1 and SERIOUSLY?!
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    "He's such a Nimrod" being meant as a negative slur. If you look up the name "Nimrod" you will find that he was in the Old Testament of the Bible and listed as "A great and mighty hunter".

Hanging head in shame............
  • vanishingirl77
    Options
    Anything followed by the words "just say'n"!!!!

I hate this too. I mean HATE it!!!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    When people tell me to pray for something that requires actual effort. I get praying when you're grieving or stressed or something in a calming or meditative way. I get it, I do. But....

When I was unemployed and needed a job, people would say "oh honey just go home and pray and god will work it out for you." "don't worry about paying your bills, God will take care of it if you pray hard enough"
    Um no. I need to go fill out applications and keep Trying to get a job, because God isn't hiring nor is he sending magical cash advances through the heavens into my bank account."