One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I cringe when I hear "My/your/his/her BAD",
    "Y'all",
    and when people are referred to as "folks", in order of which makes me cringe the most to the least.

As well, any kind of bad grammer...the worst offender being, "I seen..." when it should be "I saw..." Ugh!

And I also hate the "You should have..." My mother uses that all the time and it drives me CRAZY!!

"Y'all" drives me crazy, too! Or "I done.." when it should be "I did.."

Then there are phrases like "Are you for real?" Makes no sense...
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    "its whatever" or "its whatevers" drives me fuggin batty makes me wanna sock em upside da head xD
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    "and what not"...........................................................WTF?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cakebarn
    cakebarn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! I can relate to you!!
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I had a miscarriage, then an ectopic pregnacy, everyone said, 'well it wasn't meant to be' never really helped my feelings!!

I can totally relate. They think they're helping but they're not. :cry:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    "Can I borrow some money?"
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    When people tell me to pray for something that requires actual effort. I get praying when you're grieving or stressed or something in a calming or meditative way. I get it, I do. But....

When I was unemployed and needed a job, people would say "oh honey just go home and pray and god will work it out for you." "don't worry about paying your bills, God will take care of it if you pray hard enough"
    Um no. I need to go fill out applications and keep Trying to get a job, because God isn't hiring nor is he sending magical cash advances through the heavens into my bank account."

Haha yeah, I live in Scotland so people aren't very big on the religion in day to day life thing, but it always really frustrates me when I see someones faith get in the way of their actual life. I mean I'm all for faith/God/etc but you can't just sit waiting for him to help when the answer is in your hands! The worst worst worst example of this is when parents deny their kids blood transfusions or transplants when they really need them, because it's against their religion - or these faith churches that "heal" people and tell them to come off their medicine because God will do it for them. Er, hello, if everything is in Gods plan then the ability to create these medical procedures must be too, or we wouldn't have been able to do them! You have the option to fix it yourself, why will God bother fixing it for you if you can't be bothered to try using the resources you already have in life first?
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My hubby will usually say things like - I've washed the dishes for you OR I've swept the floors for you. For me? He lives here too. He walks on the floor and eats off the plates.

I also hate it when I tell someone about something that happened and they say REALLY? I usually go straight into sacastic mode and tell them no not really, it's a lie. What do you think? That drives me MAD!!!!
  • VanishaDawn
    Options
    "I feel as though"

"That's so redundant" (This one is usually used out of context)

"BFF" (If you're over 16, you're too old to have a BFF)

"That shi cray" (....)

I have TONS of them!

Oh! How could I forget...I hate when people end a sentence with "so" (Well I walked 3 miles today, so......)
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" IT'S COULDN'T!! COULDN'T!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SAY COULD!

^^This. Thank you and goodnigjt.
  • MMC5335
    MMC5335 Posts: 11
    Options
    It makes perfect sense...I use it all the time.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    "You have a shining personality"
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    "like" & "whatever"
  • MMC5335
    MMC5335 Posts: 11
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face"

The person saying this should just say what they really mean.....
    "Damn, you're fat...that's too bad because if you weren't so fat I might be able to see your face"
    BTW, I hear this crap all the time, pretty sick of it.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    "FML" I hate that ... Really here's a gun eat a bullet!

THIS TOO! Especially when referring to stuff like "FML big exam tomorrow," "FML I just ate way too much peanut butter" WHAT?

I feel old...don't even know what FML means....

It means F**k my life.

Thanks, I knew someone would ask! :laugh:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You have such a pretty face :grumble:

I just posted this on another thread recently! Probably the worst backhanded compliment ever. "You have such a pretty face! [but the rest of you is an eyesore, you should work on that]." No one says "your entire body is pretty!" or "you are so pretty all over!" JUST SAY I'M PRETTY. Because I am.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just because of where I live but I HATE HATE HATE it when people say "I-talian"
    IH!talian. IH!talian.

Or when people use the word "et" or "That there"

If they're put together into a sentence it's even worse.

"I went to that there new restaurant and et their I-talian chicken."
    I hate you.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    "I could care less" IT'S COULDN'T!! COULDN'T!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SAY COULD!

^^This. Thank you and goodnigjt.

Well, maybe they COULD care less, cuz they DO care a little bit.:laugh:
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    UM
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    That's Juicy
    or
    That's Gucci