Dr.Oz show 03/16/12 Best Belly-Blasting Supplements

Options

Replies

• Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sounds like there are a lot of Dr Oz's on here. Man, sorry you had to hear all of that. It is like screeching in your ear isn't it?!! He did have an episode of Dr Oz haters (husbands). He is quite aware of the dislike for him.
  • Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    I don't watch Dr. Oz, I don't care for him mostly because his voice gets on my nerves for some reason. There are a lot of people who love him and the others who hate him and there is ignorance on both ends of the spectrum.

My advice to you is, if you see something on Dr. Oz that really peaks your interest about weightloss or any health concern, take notes and ask your doctor. Yes Dr. Oz is a practicing cardiologist, but he is NOT your doctor. You should always ask your doctor about taking supplements especially if you are on any medications.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who works in the supplement industry and therefore a big believer in supplements:

I have a love/hate relationship with Dr. Oz.

Dr. Oz doesn't make commission on the products he suggests because he never (or rarely) suggests a certain manufacturer.

There is always a spike in sales for the products that Dr. Oz recommends. Sometimes so much so its stressful for everyone involved in the supplement business.

There is always a HUGE spike in sales when Dr. Oz mentions weight loss products. We always joke at work that if Dr. Oz guarenteed everyone they'd lose 10 pounds by electing him president, they'd make a $75 bill just to put his face on it. A lot of people want a miracle and not a lot of people want to work for it.

I've talked to a lot of our customers who say they've had success with these products. I've also talked to a lot of customers who keep trying "the next big thing" without success. That's why its always recommended to speak to YOUR doctor and figure out what is best for YOUR body.
  • enelira
    enelira Posts: 25
    Options
    YES! i wonder if he does.... hmmmm scary thought...
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Caraway seeds (carum carvi) – helps with digestion and IBS (may help with bloating : /)
    Stress can easily be reduced by doing yoga or mediating
    Exercise speeds up metabolism, but if you need to take a supplement Bee pollen stimulates metabolism and helps to curb appetite 1 tsp daily, Brewers yeast will help to reduce various cravings for food and drink, chromium supplements will help to ensure levels are stable and regulate appetite – any good health store can assist you with any of this.

Also nettle tea before a meal helps the metabolism as well.

This information is all from my natural health books that I use with my patients.

Always do your own research when it comes to those on the TV shows, like some have said in previous post, they tend to use what ever they can use to get endorsements with the power they have.

Despite my bias against natural remedies, I like this info and the presentation of the info! Bee pollen and brewers yeast have B-vitamins in them, right? I don't know if they really stimulate metabolism or not (I tend to be very skeptical of any claims that anything except exercise stimulates metabolism), but they *can* improve energy levels and mood- that's actually backed by science with clinical trial data.

I don't know about the rest. It may or may not work. But here's what I like about it: We don't have a cardiologist pretending to be an expert in natural remedies. We've got someone who actually knows natural remedies sharing her knowledge in natural remedies. We can take it or leave it, but it's the perfect example (in my opinion) of how to use your credentials to help others. Dr. Oz is a cardiologist. He's not a nutritionist. He's not a dietitian. He's not expert in any field of alternative medicine.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com is good place to read the reviews for those product.
    WebMD is good website to look up if those products are safe to take and about side eaffect.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Dr. Oz touched my no no and I cried.

HA!!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    LOL.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up if you only watched Dr. Oz that one time Shaun T was on. LMFAO.
  • fattguy101
    fattguy101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im going to spend my weeks alowance on getting it today!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Coffee causes a blast from my belly....all the way through my digestive track.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    Dr. Oz is awesome! He is so smart and I always buy everything he sells.

Me too alot of the foods at least that he has recommended are so good
  • mariobrochill
    Options
    I don't hate Dr. Oz. I just REALLY dislike the idiot. He's only doing a disservice to his audience and others that follow him by promising false hopes with these claims. He needs to get off the air and just be a cardiologist off air.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't hate Dr. Oz....but what I don't understand is that he supports all of these "fast" fixes and it's a different thing everyday sometimes contradicting each other. He used to offer interesting info.....now he is just a sell out. Sorry you can't target fat...it come off where ever it feels like it!

Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner, folks!:laugh:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

White Castle burgers have been nicknamed "assblasters" in our house for the same reason...
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/10/dr-oz-wrong-arsenic-apple-juice.html
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44520025/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/fda-dr-oz-apple-juice-safe-after-all/
    http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/02/dr-ozs-raspberry-ketones-dismissed-by-dietitian-as-tv-hype/

He's a supplement-pusher and nothing more than a TV showman. He's been very wrong about a lot of things many times over.

Eh I have a love/hate relationship with his show too. However, he actually was right about the apple juice-arsenic thing.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/10/dr-oz-wrong-arsenic-apple-juice.html
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44520025/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/fda-dr-oz-apple-juice-safe-after-all/
    http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/02/dr-ozs-raspberry-ketones-dismissed-by-dietitian-as-tv-hype/

He's a supplement-pusher and nothing more than a TV showman. He's been very wrong about a lot of things many times over.

Eh I have a love/hate relationship with his show too. However, he actually was right about the apple juice-arsenic thing.

No. He was not right about that. Please read the links above especially this one:

Add this also:

http://www.ktradionetwork.com/health/dr-mehmet-oz-is-a-fraud/
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I generally take what he say's with a grain of salt. I think he is in the business of making money (as most people are), and I think that he does that by scaring people.

Now, about 5 to 10% of the time, yes he makes sense.

But being a nurse, if I have questions regarding what he says, I just ask my Dr co-workers. They will either agree or shoot him down. Honestly, and unfortunately about 80 - 90% of the time, they shoot him down.

I also think that if you are eating a proper diet and exercising (sp) regularly, you are doing the best thing for yourself in the long run. Why put stuff in your body that you don't need?