You are NEVER too old! 365 days with pics

Options

Replies

• farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Holy guacamole! Congratulations! You are doing amazing! Thanks for sharing your success. Good luck in your journey!
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow! Is that a waist I see? :flowerforyou: You look wonderful! Younger, healthier, happier. Congratulations!

LOVES this! Perfectly said...AGREED!!!

Way to go!!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    So many congratulations!! I'm 46 and kept hearing that "It's a lot harder to lose weight when you're older", but I'm doing the same as you and have felt healthier, have more energy, lost weight and you are such an encouragement! Thanks so much for posting this - you have completely made me keep my resolve to keep going! Well done!
  • christinet8504
    Options
    Total inspiration! You look AMAZING!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats! Happy 1 year! X
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Congratulations.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • nmitch1689
    nmitch1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting and congratulations on your success. My story is very similar to yours. I'm 58 years old and have been a yoyo dieter for most of my adult life. I have been on so many different diets and spent so much money over the years that I had just given up on losing weight. Last September, I went to the doctor and he asked me if I kept a food diary and I said no!!! He said to try doing that and see how it goes. I started using MFP and it's the greatest thing I have ever done. I have it setup to lose 1 pound a week because I am looking at this as a "permanent" lifestyle change and not a diet. So far I have lost a little over 47 pounds and have logged continuously for 185 days. It's been so great and I can't believe it. I have very supportive friends and intend to keep it going for as long as there is a MFP. I had primarily been walking for exercise but recently started doing more exercise classes at my gym. I'm doing zumba, spinning and weights. I am going to continue trying new things just to shake it up and hopefully tone up this old body. Good luck with your journey and you should be very proud of your lifestyle changes. :smile:
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have certainly worked hard in those 365 days and it shows because you look fab!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome job :)
  • luluadelmann
    Options
    I am so amazed at the wonderful progress I see on the message boards, but to tell the truth I get depressed because I don't seem to be able to do it. I am happy for all of you but it's all I can do to keep myself from hitting the fridge and saying "the heck with it!"
    I am 74 years old and happily married to a very fit man. I have been up and down the scale numerous times in my lifetime. I lost 50 lbs on a scandiet program 10 years ago but have regained all but ten in the intervening years. I have been using fitness pal for almost a year (on and off) and shuffle back and forth for a four lb. loss. I started working out 17 months ago...weight lifting and cardio three times a week. I immediately gained 10 lbs --183 to 193lbs and have hovered there for the duration. I have a personal trainer so I'm not goofing off at the gym. I eat very wholesome foods--no fast foods. I don't even have a TV so I'm not a couch potato. I really feel awful that I don't have what it takes to lose the weight. I need to set the goals that you all do and stick to them. I need to exercise every day like you do. I need to drink enough water.(I'm like a camel....I never get thirsty.) So maybe I can restart with these two I can't give up. There's no alternative.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! Congratulations, you look wonderful!
  • Kat5688
    Kat5688 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • nsdjogger
    nsdjogger Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm inspired!
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I am so amazed at the wonderful progress I see on the message boards, but to tell the truth I get depressed because I don't seem to be able to do it. I am happy for all of you but it's all I can do to keep myself from hitting the fridge and saying "the heck with it!"
    I am 74 years old and happily married to a very fit man. I have been up and down the scale numerous times in my lifetime. I lost 50 lbs on a scandiet program 10 years ago but have regained all but ten in the intervening years. I have been using fitness pal for almost a year (on and off) and shuffle back and forth for a four lb. loss. I started working out 17 months ago...weight lifting and cardio three times a week. I immediately gained 10 lbs --183 to 193lbs and have hovered there for the duration. I have a personal trainer so I'm not goofing off at the gym. I eat very wholesome foods--no fast foods. I don't even have a TV so I'm not a couch potato. I really feel awful that I don't have what it takes to lose the weight. I need to set the goals that you all do and stick to them. I need to exercise every day like you do. I need to drink enough water.(I'm like a camel....I never get thirsty.) So maybe I can restart with these two I can't give up. There's no alternative.

I am also married to a very fit man and want to look good for him and feel good for myself. I admire that you continue to work at it and hope you won't give up. Can I ask a couple of questions? Have you been actually dieting while you've been weight and cardio training? And what type of weight training have you been doing? There's a book that so many women here have been talking about that I went out and got myself a copy - and its a fascinating read. The information about diet and exercise at the beginning of the book is well worth the price, even if you don't get into the heavy lifting. Maybe let your trainer read it and see if he can adjust your training for maximum burn? And drink that water, woman!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Good for you!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic and are just glowing! :)
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! :)
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!! You should smile more!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!