Options

Replies

• KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    Thank u so much!
  • kzeiger78
    Options
    Is there room in the halfers club for one more member? I am new to MFP (matter of fact, just today!). I have read all of the posting of the halfers club, and I Am a member, if you'll let me! The encouragement I felt just from reading was great, you guys are awesome!! :smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Kzeiger78, we have plenty of room for more members:flowerforyou:
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Kzeiger78 - always good to see a new smiling face :happy: looking forward to getting to know you some more

xxPINK
  • kzeiger78
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to a good week! I start a new job next week, am pretty excited about that! Only drawback is that I will be sitting most of the day....but my sister-in-law is a exercise instructor at a local gym in the evenings, so I'm going to hit that a few nights a week!
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    :smile: :smile: welcome Kzeiger78! this is a great site and you will find lots and lots of support!!
    Congratulations on making the decision for a healthier you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

the picture of the Yorkie is adorable - I have a friend who has one - Stuart - as in Stuart Little- and he is a such a cutie -she works at a humane society and is fostering another one rescued from a puppy mill - they are too adorable - and that's coming from a cat person!!

Best advice I have received from this site is:
    :happy: log your food - every day - and sometimes before you eat so you will know that values and not be surprised
    :smile: move every day
    :smile: take it one day at a time - it's a journey
    :smile: never beat yourself up - just move forward - we all make errors and slips -just part of being human - the secret is to get back on track and let the mistake go!

Welcome!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kzeiger78
    Options
    Thanks for the advice & yes, our little Yorkie is so cute. Actually, she is our daughters, but when she moved out, we were way too attached to let her go, and where she moved, didn't really encourage pets! So, lucky us!! :wink:
    A healthier "me" is exactly what I have in mind, I know it's going to be tough, but, the alternative not much of a picnic either...
  • angelwife27
    Options
    OK. I'm not doing so well at logging my foods. I manage to get them logged when I'm at work. But as soon as I get home, I lose all motivation. My house is like a black hole for motivation. Mu husband just wants me to sit on the couch with him and watch TV. I know, I'm weak. This habit is so hard to break. :frown:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    OK. I'm not doing so well at logging my foods. I manage to get them logged when I'm at work. But as soon as I get home, I lose all motivation. My house is like a black hole for motivation. Mu husband just wants me to sit on the couch with him and watch TV. I know, I'm weak. This habit is so hard to break. :frown:

Losing weight is very hard, it is also even harder if you are not getting the support that you need at home. I can understand the discouragement that you are feeling right now. I also have a hubby that gets home from work and wants me to just sit and watch tv with him. I just had to start saying sure hun, as soon as I get back from my walk. Your husband has to understand that you will sit and watch as soon as you get back from your 30 minute walk. Ask him to come a long. Tell him how important this is to you, tell him you need him and his support and if he could just give ya 30 minutes a day you would really appreciate it. Tell your children, hey kids I need your help and motivation this is so important to me. Take a walk with me. I am sure that once you let everyone know how important this is they will be more supportive. You are not weak and you can do this. If they all decide they do not want to participate in this with you. You may have to just say I am going to take my walk I will see you all in 30 minutes. The first week or so will be difficult but eventually you will realize how much it is helping you. Another tip is try to record your foods in advance and stick to what you have put down. Print it up and follow it. As for support you have us.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Where have all the halfers gone?
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am here :)

Just got back from a 1.5 hr walk. Lots of hills, and I can totally feel it in my legs!

I gave up the couch to 5k program for now. I am just not ready physically, so I am going to concentrate on walking for a while.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

angelwife27 - I am sorry that you don't have the support you need at home. I like Momma's advice. You need to put your health first, and try explaining that to your hubby. Good luck!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Morning all you halfers:) Just checking in, I'm still around too:) It's been a busy week at work and unfortunately the exercise has lapsed that last couple days, but I'm up early (not by choice, just woke up), so I'm off to hang with Jillian Michaels:) Have a great day!
  • maryperdue
    Options
    Anglewife I agree with I have to agree with Jenn and Momma here, you can either use it as an excuse (as I sometimes admit I do) or you can take it as an opportunity to do something just for you. You can put on a walkman, discman, mp3player, or whatever you might have and some of your favorite music to enjoy a walk around by yourself. Or see if they will join you, it is up to you I just know a lot of moms who would love a little time just for them.
    And I think we all know that getting started is the hardest part. Once you get into a routine you have a lot more energy.
    You can do this, we all can with a little help from the halfers.:flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    here are my results this week

last week 261.5
    this week 261 :grumble:

Oh well, its that TOM...
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    My results!

Last Week - 284.6
    This Week - 283.5

I'll take it, considering I've been bad this week. I was honestly surprised I had lost! Too many birthdays and my mom is on vaca which means eating out a lot. But I managed!
  • maryperdue
    Options
    here are my results
    lw:272
    tw:272
    can anyone say plateau?:mad:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi all, I am down .6 Yes that is a point in front of that 6. :grumble:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    .6 is better than .0
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    For those that had a good week, congrats :)

For those that didn't .... and I am in that club :grumble: ....what's the plan this week? I am going to be strict with the veggies and good for me food. My goal is to spend my calories on nutritious foods, and not on treats. I know I can do better in this area, and I will do better!

Good luck everyone!
  • AprilShill
    Options
    Hello everyone! I also have to loose more than half my weight. About 130lbs. I had the lap band done and I am determined to make it work. The only thing is that I am lacking motivation. I work nights doing 12 hour shifts, and I am tired ALL the time. My kids are home for the summer and I don't seem to have the energy to get out of bed and play with them. I can barely get moving to take them to their activities. I don't know where to start. I know eating right and exercizing are the main priorities, but when do you start to feel better? I wanna be able to bend over and pick something up without my knees killing me. I want to be the average person in the room again. I don't want to always feel like Im being stared at. I want to be able to buy the cute scrubs, not the unisex ones that are either way too small or way too big, and I want to be able to buy a swim suit in a regular store and not have to cover up. I want to take my kids to Disneyland and not worry that I wont fit on the rides, I want to fit in the booths at resteraunts without squeezing in them, and I want my kids to grow up healthy and NOT follow my example.
    Sometimes I feel like I have info overload becuase I am told 50 different contradicting things from books, web sites, the personal trainers, etc. I finally just quit the gym and started walking at home, but again I am still lacking that little bit of motivation. I swore I would be thin on my wedding day, and that didnt even seem to inspire much motivation. So if that can't do it, what the hell can . PLEASE HELP ME!!!