The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ironically 15 is the most I've ever lost as well! :laugh: So I'm with you two, getting over that previous weight loss "hump", that feeling of "I've been here before, let's go somewhere I haven't been" will be great. So lets kick it into gear this week and get over those humps!
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    I WEIGHED IN THIS MORNING.

WAS: 259.6
    NOW: 256.6

ILL TAKE IT!:smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I WEIGHED IN THIS MORNING.

WAS: 259.6
    NOW: 256.6

ILL TAKE IT!:smile:

Wow KC you are doing great. Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    thank you
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Hello Team mates!
    Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I am in a new relationship (month) and it's at that crazy ga ga stage where you spend every free moment together. Having a great time and it has also worked wonders on my eating habits!! (no time to eat junk and don't want to with the butterflies in the tummy:wink::wink: :wink: !!!)

My current weight is 228.4 for a total loss of 33 lbs!!:smile: I am also happy to announce that 5 more lbs lost and I will have less than 100lbs to lose to reach my goal weight of 125. I can't wait to be under 200 lbs, too. It has been 6 years since I've seen a number below that on the scale!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hello Team mates!
    Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I am in a new relationship (month) and it's at that crazy ga ga stage where you spend every free moment together. Having a great time and it has also worked wonders on my eating habits!! (no time to eat junk and don't want to with the butterflies in the tummy:wink::wink: :wink: !!!)

My current weight is 228.4 for a total loss of 33 lbs!!:smile: I am also happy to announce that 5 more lbs lost and I will have less than 100lbs to lose to reach my goal weight of 125. I can't wait to be under 200 lbs, too. It has been 6 years since I've seen a number below that on the scale!

Great job and congrats on the new relationship. 17 years later and I am still in the gaga stage with mine but unfortunetly that has not stopped me from eating with him.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • krhbutte
    Options
    Hello Team mates!

Great job and congrats on the new relationship. 17 years later and I am still in the gaga stage with mine but unfortunetly that has not stopped me from eating with him.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you!! 17 years... what a great accomplishment!
  • 2redheads
    2redheads Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm with you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]249961.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Momma2four
    Options
    thanks, I was thin young and pretty when we met. I put on over 120 pounds in that time, and yet he still tells me how beautiful I am all the time. If I put myself down he gets mad and says "Thats my wife your talking about" :blushing: :heart: I am lucky.:heart: He is one of my motivations, I want to do this for me so much, but I want to do it for him just as much. :love: I am sitting here sighing, being in love.:love::laugh: :laugh:
  • krhbutte
    Options
    thanks, I was thin young and pretty when we met. I put on over 120 pounds in that time, and yet he still tells me how beautiful I am all the time. If I put myself down he gets mad and says "Thats my wife your talking about" :blushing: :heart: I am lucky.:heart: He is one of my motivations, I want to do this for me so much, but I want to do it for him just as much. :love: I am sitting here sighing, being in love.:love::laugh: :laugh:

That's great! One thing that I find very special about my new bf is that he fell for me the way I am now! He never knew me when I was drop dead beautiful (body and all). I am still a beautiful woman (toot toot :laugh: ) but I am over 200 lbs and my guy has had some amazingly hot girlfriends (always hot bodies) in the past. He was able to see the beauty of me now when he could have been with probably anyone he wanted. That makes me feel even more special because I don't hear," I remember when you were really skinny",etc.
    I have had a few guys that knew me from a long time ago and have wanted to date me but all they wanted to see was the old me. There is so much more to me than my looks and my guy sees that!!!:heart::heart: :smile:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Well I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is that I didn't lose any weight this week. I weigh in at the doctors office every Friday before lunch (I get up really late on Fridays since I don't have school), then have lunch with my mom who works at my doctors office. So of course I was a bit put out. I know its not water retention, etc. I wasn't too good this week and I went over a few times. I'm glad I maintained though.

Buuttt...

Right after lunch I had a doctors appointment, a 3 month follow up for my insulin levels, A1C, sugar, etc. My doctor came in and was so excited that I had lost weight, and she told me my insulin levels were normal! I still need to keep going with the meds for a while, probably until I lose another 20 pounds or so. She was so excited she actually gave me a high five! :laugh:

So that put me back in the right mindset and I'm back on track today and I'm gunna keep with it.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Well I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is that I didn't lose any weight this week. I weigh in at the doctors office every Friday before lunch (I get up really late on Fridays since I don't have school), then have lunch with my mom who works at my doctors office. So of course I was a bit put out. I know its not water retention, etc. I wasn't too good this week and I went over a few times. I'm glad I maintained though.

Buuttt...

Right after lunch I had a doctors appointment, a 3 month follow up for my insulin levels, A1C, sugar, etc. My doctor came in and was so excited that I had lost weight, and she told me my insulin levels were normal! I still need to keep going with the meds for a while, probably until I lose another 20 pounds or so. She was so excited she actually gave me a high five! :laugh:

So that put me back in the right mindset and I'm back on track today and I'm gunna keep with it.

I am so happy for you and I am proud of you for staying focused. You can do this.

I also lost a big fat 0 today. found out today that my doctor thinks my blood pressure is high and he wants to put me on meds for it. Thats lousy, I am all the more determined to lose this mass. He said he would not even consider getting me off the meds until i lose and additional 50 pounds. I gotta do this.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good for you getting off the meds soon amanda!

Momma2four, I am on BP meds to, I have been on them since I was pregnant with my first child in 2006 :( I can't wait until I lose enough to stop taking meds!

I lost 1.4 pounds this week. Not my best week, but I will take it!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    i havent checked in for awhile - went camping of the weekdend, ate and drank way too much and am so bloated today so not weighing in until the end of the week to ensure I dont get discouraged. So sunburnt from the weekend too - ouch....so i think ill rest up tonight and not excercise, and get back into the gym tommorrow, hopefully with a little less sting from sunburn than today...I look like Rudolphs nose...but over my whole face and limbs!!

xxPINK
  • Chem0324
    Chem0324 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!
    I just recently joined this site yesterday. I started my weight loss journey almost 7 months ago (right after the holidays). When I started, I had half my weight plus 25 lbs to lose. I'm doing this all on my own and it is getting difficult now for some reason and I'm looking for a good support group.

251734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • maryperdue
    Options
    Thank God! I was so worried as I was looking over this sight, it seemed full of women who needed to lose 5lbs to fit back into their "skinny" jeans. I have never owned a pair of "skinny" jeans but at one point fit into an 18/20 which at the time felt really good. I want to be able to shop at Target for clothes! I want to be able to pay the sale price, not have to add 3 dollars for the plus size.
    I am so looking forward to this, so far I have lost 50lbs which all of my friends are shocked by, little do they know I still have 107lbs to go. I can do this though. I have set up "mini" goals for myself:
    1-reach the weight I was when I met my husband 32 more lbs:flowerforyou:
    2-get under 200 35 after that
    3-goal weight (where I will still technically be overweight) 40 more lbs
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers, and congrats on your accomplishments so far!
  • angelwife27
    Options
    I would like to join the halfers club. My friend turned me on to MFP about 6 months ago and I have been on-again, off-again ever since. I sat down at work yesterday and riped out the zipper of the pants I was wearing, which I just bought about 1 month ago. So instead of losing, I have been gaining. I have serious emotional eating issues. I have lost significant weight before, but of course I have gained it all back plus some.

I am 35 years old, 5' 3" and 248.5 pounds. To reach my recommended weight for my height I need to lose 128 pounds, putting me at 120, the higher end of the recommendation. I have allergies & asthma (my whole life), arthritis, and type 2 diabetes.

I think my husband prefers me fat. His adore has not cooled in the least. I know I use that as an excuse to eat, or eat bad things. And he enables me. He is also 100 pounds over weight, which I do NOT like. But he doesn't really seam to care. Which does not help me at all.

I am very dissatisfied with my life in general right now, but it is comfortable. I keep telling myself that it won't help to change one thing in my life. That I have to change everything at once. I know it's BS. I know that when I feel better about myself, my weight, my health that everything else seems less irritating. I know I have to make some hard changes. I know that I can do it. I have done it before. But for some reason, I am terrified.

I hope this is not too much information. I will try to keep future posts more upbeat.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Welcome Chem0324 , wow on losing over 60 pounds

Glad your back pink

Mary we are glad that you are here, you are doing so good on your journey so far.

Angelwife you can do this and you are making the first right step, We are here to encourage you when your down and cheer for you when your up.

Congrats to all of you for being here and doing so well this far.

Hello Jenn, good to see you too and thanks for understanding what I am going through right now. Good job on your weight loss so far.

I am off to the coast for the day so you all have a wonderful day.:smile:
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    Wow. It's been a while. Teaching band camp for 14 hours per day kind of keeps you busy. So I weighed in and yeah. I'm pretty proud.

Start weight: 270
    Previous week: 239.3
    This week: 236

That's 3.3 pounds. I'll take it. To make things even better, it looks like I may meat my September goal by not this weigh-in, but the next. If I can be down to 225 by the time I student teach, I'll call it a win (I've been consistently losing 12-13 pounds because I've got SO MUCH to lose). I'm almost a quarter of the way to my goal weight and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Good luck this week to everyone!