The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    tomorrow is weigh in day. I am not looking forward to it. I have been so good about exercise and real lax on my eating.
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have finally found you. My soul siblings!!!! I am SO in, it's not even funny. I started at 281, I am now 271, and need to get to around 145-150, according to BMI. I am doing mini goals, like to lose 31 pounds by 12/31/2009 @ 11:59, so that I start the new year at 250 pounds and then by the 4th of July, hopefully be at or very, VERY, close to 200 pounds, then try to be at or around 175 next new years, then 150 by or around 4th of July 2011. Then, it's a matter of keeping it off, which I think will be the hardest, but I plan on taking a pic of myself that I took beginning of this year and photoshoping it under the new new at or around 150, so I can see the difference, and that baby is going everywhere with me!!!! Just letting you know al little about my plan. Glad I found y'all. Everyone here, keep on truckin', we can do this!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    OMG, I have finally found you. My soul siblings!!!! I am SO in, it's not even funny. I started at 281, I am now 271, and need to get to around 145-150, according to BMI. I am doing mini goals, like to lose 31 pounds by 12/31/2009 @ 11:59, so that I start the new year at 250 pounds and then by the 4th of July, hopefully be at or very, VERY, close to 200 pounds, then try to be at or around 175 next new years, then 150 by or around 4th of July 2011. Then, it's a matter of keeping it off, which I think will be the hardest, but I plan on taking a pic of myself that I took beginning of this year and photoshoping it under the new new at or around 150, so I can see the difference, and that baby is going everywhere with me!!!! Just letting you know al little about my plan. Glad I found y'all. Everyone here, keep on truckin', we can do this!!

Welcome to our group Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome lidapi! Love the mini goal idea.

weigh in this week
    last week 256.8
    this week 256
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Welcome lidapi! Feel free to post your mini goals in my discussion thread via the link in my sig! I too do mini goals, though I have a lot more than you, lol I need the motivation!

So weigh in time!

-does a little jig-

Last week: 283
    This week: 280.5

2.5 pounds whooooot! I was sick all week so I didn't really pay attention to what I was eating, so I was shocked and really happy about this week's weight loss.

Keep on Keepin on my fave ladies! :smokin: - the cig
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I went in the wrong direction this week, I gained 1 pound.:sad: :explode: :embarassed:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It is only one pound, and it could be muscle. Just stick with your plan and don't let the dumb scale get under your skin.:flowerforyou:
  • maryperdue
    Options
    Long time no post I know. I have a weightloss blog I do and keep faithful to that but I feel guilty when I can see the people whom I tell I have fallen off the wagon and it is sooooo far gone. Luckily the damage I have done is minimal but I am so p*s$ed at myself for letting myself reverse my first "mini" goal, lose 50lbs. I am going back on track though and nothing can stop me. My husband is a type one diabetic and is going to be counting carbs for the first real time in his life and I am so thrilled about his choosing to be good that I am going to get back on track too. I need to look at carb content now when I am shopping and calories don't matter as much for his stuff as carbs and sodium do (his BP is pretty high too.)
    So I will be doing intensive groceries. Before if it was low calorie I was all over it, now low cal could mean high carb and I can't get it for him because he has to watch his carb intake. Why does everything have to be one or the other?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Mary, You do have your work cut out for you with your DH being Diabetic now and having to deal with all of the diet issues with that. But on the other hand, it is going to be a blessing as you are working together and getting healthier. It is always more fun when you have a partner in this "Game". :happy:

Good Luck to both of you:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Just wanted to wish all you halfers a wonderful Tuesday.
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    hows everyone doing??? ive been out awhile. I had avery close friend pass away & then my daughter has been in & out of the hospital.. so finally things are back on track so its like starting all over here..
    i can tell such a difference, i started to get back in my lazy stage because i wasnt working out or eating right....im sooo glad to be getten on tracka gain...
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back and I'm glad you are back. Glad to hear your daughter is better. I am sorry about your loss.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend. That is hard.

I imagine it has been quite a struggle with all that you have been through, glad your daughter is better and glad you are back on track.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ugh. I'm still sick, though not nearly as down trodden kind of sick as last week. I haven't really been tracking this week though I don't think I've gone over besides one day. We'll see tomorrow. -_-

Currently I'm sitting in class being lectured at about how the international businesses are going to take over the world and kill us all.

Yippie.

And I'm starving, it's time for lunch and he hasn't given us a break yet!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am checking in a day early. Busy, Busy, Busy tomorrow.

I am down 2.4 pounds. Yay, I lost the 1 I gained plus 1.4 Yay!!!!!!

Amanda, sorry your still sick I hope you get well this weekend.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good for you momma!! I am dreading weigh-in day tomorrow...
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Last week: 280.5
    This week: 283

Ugh.... I gained 2.5 pounds this week!

I really have to stop eating at my Aunt's Pizza shop. I was there two days in a row last week, and then I had moes for lunch one day and had chips, etc. etc. etc. I made some bad choices last week. I've seen this pattern before. I've lost some weight, I get tired of weighing food and eating fruit instead of fries when I have to eat out, etc.

But not this time. I gained back some weight but I am going to lose it again. Back to tracking every single morsel that goes in my mouth and back to carrying snacks instead of getting after class snacks from the vending machine (which really has nothing healthy in it, just some baked chips and pretzels).

I need a good kick in the rear to get me back on track, hopefully this weeks weight gain will be the last.
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE...

CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE LOST WEIGHT...:smile:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Yay for Financial Aid...

Thanks to getting some money I could go grocery shopping and get the things my parents complain about buying.

Some snacks for school: 2% Cheese strips, 100 calorie packs

Some quick lunches for when I'm running low on time: Smart Ones, Healthy choice, etc.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I would like to join this group. I'm 5'4" and weigh 204 lbs and would like to lose 70 pounds. I feel miserable, no health problems just yet thank God. But when I get out of bed and the weight shifts to my feet, it is very painful. I'm working out 3 to 4 times a week, just joined LA Fitness about 2 months ago and have already lost 15 pounds. It is very hard when everyone you work with is as thin as a rail and they don't notice my weight loss and don't understand that I have a problem with food. I'm an emotional eater. I am trying to work my stress off on exercise or other things. I wish the weight would come off more quickly but I know that this body did not happen over night. And to lose so much weight too quickly, you are bond to put it back on. I realize that this is a life style change and it's going to take work on my part. So I will continue tracking my meals and exercise on a daily basis. In reading the previous posts, I have to say congratulations on your weight loss. You have inspired me. I am weighing in on Monday mornings before breakfast but will post my weight when you all do. Keep up the good work.

229732.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter