The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• amandadaisylotus
    Options
    From what I have read, yes it is okay to go below your BMR since we have so much to lose. But you're right. Once the weight loss slows down, I would up the calories a bit and up the exercise. Make sure that you're updating your goals with your weight updates as well, I'd say every 5 or 10 pounds, which ever your comfortable with.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Anyone have an idea for this weeks challenge?
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    Anyone have an idea for this weeks challenge?

not sure what has been done before since im new to this group but what about situps or pushups.
    try to meet a weekly gaol or something
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I'm checking in quickly to say hi and tell you all how very proud I am of everything we're accomplishing! I'll be MIA most of this week and all of next. Preparing for vacation.

I did not weigh in this week as it would certainly not be accurate. I've been dealing with food poisoning for a few days now. Ugh!

Will check in when I get back - keep up the good work!!!!

Sonja
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi everyone I am back from vacation. I mastered the hill at camp I wanted to be able to climb. I was climbing it 2x a day. With the exception of 1 day when I only went up 1x then another day that I did not exercise at all. so in 6 days I climbed that hill 9x when in years past I could not even do it 1. I am so proud of myself. I am soooooooooo glad for that hill because we were eating large at camp. Eggs, bacon , sausage, pancakes, waffles, and that was just breakfast, desert after dinner each night and yes I indulged. When I walked up that extremely steep hill I would say "I ate bacon, I ate bacon, ect." and it got me up that hill then back up it again. and with no weight gain this week. I maintained. Wow. I am so pleased. I am hoping for a weight loss this week. I am just getting back to eating right today so I am not sure what I will be able to do by friday.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    After being stuck for the last few weeks.. woot woot!!! a 2 1/2 lbs drop!!!!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good job Valtishia! I am glad you got over your plateau.

I am down 2 pounds this week!
  • KCSPEARS
    Options

greast job
  • KCSPEARS
    Options

greast job
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    Good job Valtishia! I am glad you got over your plateau.

I am down 2 pounds this week!

great job
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I maintained this week, which is slightly disappointing but I realized that I was very stressed this week and dealing with family drama as well as inappropriate foods. I spent three days this week down at the pizza shop due to family stuff. So I'm happy I maintained.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys
    I have been MIA for a few days but am back and ready to kick some butt this week. I have been maintaining for a few days so its time for me to take it up a notch and see some results on the scales!!!

This weeks challenge - I think we should all do a home fitness test at some point this week - and in 2 months we can re-rest our progress - please see website address attached with description of excercises to test yourself. Do as many of each of the excercises as you can and do it all in one day and post your results on friday.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/hometest.htm

Hope that is ok by you guys!!

XXPINK
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I think that is an awesome idea! (I think my first try will be horrible, but I hope to see some improvement in 2 months)
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello my beautiful halfers!!!!
    I hope everyone is having a great day today. I had an awesome weekend!! This weekend I tried and fit into comfortably a size 16!!!!!!! It was the best feeling. Then this morning the scale read 246.8!!!! Finally out of the 250s!!!!! I feel absolutely awesome!!!!! I will do the fitness test this evening, thanks for the challenge!!

Have a great day!!!!
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    My weekly check-in (this is the first one I've done since joining the Halfers Club)

Starting Weight: 270
    Current Weight: 246 (down 3.2 pounds)
    Goal Weight: 130

Only 3 more pounds until I reach my goal for July (hopefully I can do it by next week if I keep it up so my September goal will be easier to reach). Keep up the great work!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I had to weigh in early this week due to July 4th and the doctors office where I weigh in being closed tomorrow. I lost 2 pounds this week! So now I've lost 11 pounds! Which of course means that I had to change my goals slightly, but I'm excited! The 300's are officially gone and NEVER coming back! Now for the 290's... :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Hey everyone :) I am down 2.5 pounds this week! I now weight less then before I had my kids (lowest weight in 4 years!)

I spaced on the fitness challenge this week, I only did the push-ups (could only do 8...) I will do the rest of the test this week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am down another 1 1/2 lbs this week after a nice drop last week too!!! Does this finally mean the plateau is over :) I think it does!!!!! Woot woot!!!

And to all the hard work everyone has put in this week... keep it up!!!!!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Congrats Ladies!!

Personally my goal this week is to do 50 laps in the pool. 10 down so far!