The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey gals, no weight loss for me. This will probably be my last post until a week from Monday. I try to get those pushups in while I am gone. Have a wonderful week and Great Job everyone. See you in approx. 10 days. Don't forget about me while I am gone:blushing:
  • epalyn
    epalyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of exercising at 5:30 am. I have to be at work at 7:30, so all I can manage right now is 30 min of exercise. Maybe, once I get used to that, I'll get up at 5 and walk for an hour. Not yet... :yawn: Still too early!!!

I don't have a scale, I've found that I can get a little neurotic with weigh-ins, so I called my dr's office yesterday and they agreed to let me come in each Friday and weigh myself! How great is that?

Actually, it's a little scary :noway: because now I can't blame a reading I'm not happy with... on the "stupid scale." This "stupid scale" will be correct. That's good... it's giving me accountability.

I'm loving this program and I really rely on y'all's posts each day, to keep me going.

Thanks so much!!!

Always,
    E

WoooohoooO!!! :bigsmile:
    Am down 2 lbs!!!
    Achieved goal #1. . . :tongue:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I had an awesome week, down 3.5 pounds! and I blew my exercise goal out of the water, I was aiming for 350 min, and actually did 564 min!

I like the push-up challenge, I will probably do wall push-ups or girlie push-ups!

Good luck to everyone this week, it is that time of the month for me, so I don't expect to lose this week, but I am going to try!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hey all... well, crazy day here... got up and had to hit the floor running - it was 2PM before I remembered... I never weighed in. I'll try to do that tomorrow.... but judging by my unofficial weigh-ins this week - probably didn't lose much if anything. BUT - my shape is changing. I'm down 2 sizes in bras!

I'm officially thinner than I was on my wedding day almost 4 years ago. I had to have my new license picture taken today and the difference is astounding!

I completed 240 minutes of exercise this week. All in all - pretty good! I'm having a hard time with too much aerobic stuff right now as I took a baseball to the chest the other day (I really have to get my son to the eye doctor....). Everytime I breathe heavy it hurts.... and my left breast is an incredible mixture of purple and blue! LOL!

Hope you all are doing well!
    Sonja
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the push-ups? I am not really strong enough yet for them, but I did do 15 wall push-ups today, so I will do my best to do 20 tomorrow!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Today was my second run and wow I am loving it soo much. I was able to go 400m before I had to walk a little each time which is much better than even my first run. It felt fabulous :)
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Hey, I just stumbled across this thread. I too need to lose half of my weight, 150 pounds. I found out today that my BMI is 44.7.

"How about you guys... what brought you to MFP and why is this time different?"

I joined MFP in February, but fell off the wagon. I was 290ish. Then last week, I'm accompanying my grandmother to the doctors and sneak in to stand on the scale. I nearly cried when I found out I had gained 13 pounds. Not only had I gained, I had broken the promise I had made to myself a long time ago, that I would NEVER be 300 pounds. Now I'm more than that and on medicine to control my insulin. I know all of my health problems are caused by being over weight. I decided that it was time to actually really honestly do something about it.

I'm 21 years old. A few of the posts on here that I've read have expressed health concerns. Its not just a concern for me. If I don't change my life in a big way, I honestly believe that I will not live to see 50.

I want to get married and have kids and run around after them and be there on their graduation day and when they get married and have their own kids. I want to see my great grandchildren! There's no way I'm going to let something like food and laziness stop me from living those dreams.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys – well Im stealing an idea from the new Bikini babe Team and I think we should post up our overall Team weightless to date, starting from this Friday (im thinking it will be easier than a separate spreadsheet), I think it will be inspirational and motivate us as a team to pump it up!! We have to beat the other teams with our group losses! So if everyone can really try and post their weekly losses on Friday that would be great!
    Hows the pushups girls?? Theyre hard aren’t they! But keep it up, think about the muscles your developing which will combat muscle-loss with the weightloss – we will be leaner and healthier when we get to our goals!!

GO TEAMS HALFERS

XxPINK
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Hi amandadaisylotus, welcome to our group :)
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    hello everyone, PLEASE PLEASE count me in. im 29 year old. 5-6 maybe 5-6 and i weigh 264 pounds.
    i have been skinny my whole life, played basketball that was my life, i got pregnant in 1999 after having my son a month early i walked out of there weighing over 300 pounds. I had pre-eclampsia. i have battled it ever since. here lately i have become so depressed about my weight. i have everything in the world to be happy about but deep down im not because of my weight. Im so embarassed about it.
    i joined 2 days ago to this site & i love it. it is so nice to have & talk to other people in the same shoes.
    my kids both start school in august so ill have most of the day to stick to a work out plan with no excuses. im tired of sitting on the side lines watching.... i want to run, i want to laugh, i want to dance, i want to live!!
    so anyways thanks for reading & im so excitied....
  • pinksultana
    Options
    welcome KCspears...we have a reat group here!!!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Welcome KC Spears and Amandadaisylotus!!!! :flowerforyou:

Ladies I can finally see changes in my body shape!!! Today I realized that I had to push in my upper stomach to see my lower stomach (I know that sounds odd but its a change and I'll take it)!!!!! And my cousin told me the other day that my butt looked great and she was jealous!!! Which is wonderful especially since she's younger and smaller than me!!! Yeah!!!! I'm doing the 30 day shred right now and it is full of push ups so I will count that as my challenge, but I will try to remember to do more tomorrow than I did yesterday.

Pink: Do you want us to PM our weight to someone to keep track of on a master list or keep posting it here??

xoxoxoxoxo to my halfers!!!! :love: :love: :heart:
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    thanks so much
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to all the new people! Good to see our group growing! I've been doing pretty well this week... I'm up to 40 push ups. I can't do the full-on push ups - so I do the modified girl push ups. At night when we're watching tv - everytime a commercial break comes on I get down and do a few push ups. Honestly I think the getting down and getting back up is doing as much for me as the push ups!

We brought in a new foster dog over the weekend... so that means I have 5, yes 5 dogs in my house. I wanted to pass on a warning to the rest of my friends here.... the other day my carpets were smelling a little umm... doggy - so I used some baking soda to put on the carpet and let it sit. I thought I was ok because it's non-toxic and all. EXCEPT.... baking soda can be used as a laxative. One of the dogs must have walked through it and licked his little paws... he's had the runs for a few days now. So - instead of "freshening" my carpets - now I'm doing a total deep clean! Take it from me - don't let your dogs walk through baking soda!!!!
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I hope everyone is having a good week so far!
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

thanks you to
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

We brought in a new foster dog over the weekend... so that means I have 5, yes 5 dogs in my house. I wanted to pass on a warning to the rest of my friends here.... the other day my carpets were smelling a little umm... doggy - so I used some baking soda to put on the carpet and let it sit. I thought I was ok because it's non-toxic and all. EXCEPT.... baking soda can be used as a laxative. One of the dogs must have walked through it and licked his little paws... he's had the runs for a few days now. So - instead of "freshening" my carpets - now I'm doing a total deep clean! Take it from me - don't let your dogs walk through baking soda!!!!

Talk about the cure being worse than the problem!!:laugh: :laugh: Sorry about your carpets!! I have two doggies, and I have utilized "Natures Miracle" on more than one occasion to take care of unpleasant surprises.

I would like to join your group, even though my goal is just a couple of pounds short of making me a "halfer." I took a long look at my situation the week after my birthday and decided the only way anything would change is if I made it happen. I set a goal to be 100 lbs lighter by my birthday at the beginning of April in 2010, and my ultimate goal to be down 120 lbs by July 4th 2010. This would make my goal weight 125 lbs.

So far, after 9 weeks, I have lost 19 lbs, and I hope to hit my next interim goal of being down 25 lbs. by July 4th. I have not yet started doing strength training or toning exercises, but I have become a "walker"--one weekend I did 13 miles over the course of 2 days. I am also shopping for a bike, but think I will be more comfortable riding after I am down at least another 15 lbs. from where I am now.

To those of you who are new to the site, I can only speak from my own experience. Use the tools available here, and take advantage of the support and the knowledge you can gain from other members, and add your own commitment and effort, and approach your effort as a lifestyle change not a temporary fix and you will SUCCEED!!:drinker: :drinker:

Good luck to everyone!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pinksultana
    Options
    I haven’t had any weightloss for the past 3 weeks and was getting well sad about it – stood nude on the scale today and was down a whopping 8 pounds!! I didn’t trust my scales and went and weighed at the chemist and it told a loss of 7 pounds, and I was wearing clothes / shoes ect so my scales were right! I don’t know how that works but am soooo excited!!
    It taught me a lesson in keeping on going even when we don’t see a change for a good few weeks. Kepp it up peoples!!

xxPINK
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Since this is my first week back "on the wagon", I'm nervous about weigh in this friday (which worked perfectly since I started on friday!). My grandmother has a crappy OLD analog scale which will probably tell me I'm 180 instead of 300 :grumble: so since my mom works at a Dr.s office, I'm going in there to weigh myself in the morning. I've been really good this week, actually having a hard time meeting my calories after working out. I've been using the Wiifit this week to try the challenge with combined warrior pose and lunges (to get rid of my thunder thighs)... ouch! So far I've done 40... And my legs don't like me much! :grumble: :laugh:
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    I haven’t had any weightloss for the past 3 weeks and was getting well sad about it – stood nude on the scale today and was down a whopping 8 pounds!! I didn’t trust my scales and went and weighed at the chemist and it told a loss of 7 pounds, and I was wearing clothes / shoes ect so my scales were right! I don’t know how that works but am soooo excited!!
    It taught me a lesson in keeping on going even when we don’t see a change for a good few weeks. Kepp it up peoples!!

xxPINK
    Pink...That is awesome! Good thing you kept on track and didn't get discouraged! It definitely paid off to stay vigilant! I'm very happy for you on your huge loss. You should feel very proud!!