The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Happy Weigh In Day. Jennifer - I like the idea of keeping track of exercise minutes this week.... I'll probably try to do more each day than I did the day before.

I too, did not do the challenge this week. Have you ever had one of those weeks that just sort of seems to spiral out of control? I started so well.... then got SOOOO busy! I can't even say that I purposely exercised this week. Nor can I say that I ate particularly well this week (I had a small brownie batter blizzard from DQ - twice!).... which totally does not explain my weigh in results....
    I lost 5 lbs this week. I weighed in this morning at 259.8. The best part? I just got my period... so that's WITH bloating figured in! LOL! I'll have to really bust my butt next week if I want to see the scale move!

Sonja
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    woah! 5 pounds is amazing! DQ is hard to resist, I had 1/2 of a medium Raspberry Truffle blizzard last week :blushing:
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Excercise minutes it is!

So Challenge #3 - Challnge yourself to a certain number of excercise minutes.

I am going to aim for 240 minutes - thats an hour 4 times for the week.

xxPink
  • jwbethany82
    Options
    Hey there halfers!! I will join the challenge! I am starting to train for my first 5k and hopefully by September I will be able to jog at least half of it! My personal minutes: 300
    Good luck everyone!!:happy:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello!! I'm LeShawn and I'd love to be a part of this group. Just the thought that there are other people out there who know what it means to need to lose a large amount of weight. I am 250 now and I want to be 140 (maybe 145). I started getting serious about my weight loss when I tipped the scale at 272. I know my family loves me unconditionally but I don't love myself unconditionally. Its hard to say, but I know its true and I need to change that. Its one of my goals. I want to lose the weight because I want to have kids one day and I want to be healthy enough to get pregnant and carry the child the whole term. I want to be able to play with my very active nieces!!!! Last summer I had to get off of a ride because the seat belt wouldn't fit around me. As devastated as I was I quickly reminded myself that it was a kiddie ride and that I was able to fit on all of the other adult rides just fine. I want to lose weight because I'm tired of being the fat cousin in a family of medium built shapely people.

The biggest thing that I want to learn and that I need to practice is how to feel like I'm an attractive person (sexy even) and am worthy of being in a great relationship no matter what size I'm in.

Thanks for starting this group!!!!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This group sounds like a great idea and I would love to join you all if its okay?
    I originally started off at 268 and wanting to go down to 150... maybe more but I am going to re-evaluate once I get to 150 cause even though I have never like being the fat girl... I also wasn't comfortable being the skinny girl... but seeing as I haven't been skinny since I was 12 years old I might feel different when I get there. I was always most comfortable being on the chubby side.... just a lil fluffy :)
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi leshawnturner welcome to our group:flowerforyou: You have made the first step in taking care of yourself. It will not be long until you are soo active with your neices. I wish you the very best.

I am a bit upset. :cry: I cut my calories this week even more because I had no weight loss last week. :grumble: I exercised and according to my calorie deficit for last week I should have been down 1.5 pounds last week but I lost 0 last week. :mad: This weeks calorie deficit should put me down about 2 pounds. Yet I am only down 1/2 pound this week. :mad: So my goal of 30 down by today is out. :explode: I am getting ready to start my period, this may be why. I know that I am exercising like a mad woman so maybe it is also muscle. One thing that makes me feel good is there are inches gone.:smile: I think exercise minutes is great my goal for the week is. ...........400 minutes. You all are doing so good and are an inspiration. Keep up the good work.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    This group sounds like a great idea and I would love to join you all if its okay?
    I originally started off at 268 and wanting to go down to 150... maybe more but I am going to re-evaluate once I get to 150 cause even though I have never like being the fat girl... I also wasn't comfortable being the skinny girl... but seeing as I haven't been skinny since I was 12 years old I might feel different when I get there. I was always most comfortable being on the chubby side.... just a lil fluffy :)

Welcome to our group and wow great job on the weight loss.
  • jwbethany82
    Options
    Welcome!! You will enjoy this group!! Have FUN...that is super important!
  • Valtishia
    Options

Welcome to our group and wow great job on the weight loss.

Thank you. I appreciate it :)
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey halfers, let's keep it up this week. Get those exercise minutes in. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    I JOGGED!

I can't believe I actually JOGGED!

It wasn't much...but it was a start!!

oh man I still can't believe I did it!!
  • pinksultana
    Options
    Momma - im sorry you didnt get the weigh in results you wanted, but measurments are just as important and exciting! congrats for the inch loss!!!

jlhrch3 - yay for jogging, well done...its all about small consistent steps!

Ha I jogged a little this morning too and I dont think my boobs nnd thighs have stopped jiggling yet hahaha...but 400 calories burned so totally worth the jiggle!!!

xxPink
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am not too down. I am fitting into pants that 3 months ago would not go up my leg much less button. I have a couple that I Should NOT wear at this time just because they are toooooo tight. But Wow I can actually put them on and button them, I may not be able to sit down in them but they are on. That was a distant dream 3 months ago now it is a reality.
  • Valtishia
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am not too down. I am fitting into pants that 3 months ago would not go up my leg much less button. I have a couple that I Should NOT wear at this time just because they are toooooo tight. But Wow I can actually put them on and button them, I may not be able to sit down in them but they are on. That was a distant dream 3 months ago now it is a reality.

That is absolutely fabulous!!!!!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies! I am still a little scared of jogging. I plan on doing the couch to 5k next year. I want to get into better shape first.
  • pinksultana
    Options
    Hi Guys -
    Its a sunny day today so I have a smile on my face...even though im sooo tired for some reason today. I received my Tae-bo dvds in post yesterday and am keen to do one today when I get home, then I plan to plonk on the couch and veg, and have a V early night!!
    Havent seen much movement on the scales of late but will weigh in on friday and see how I get....Have done 55 mins of excercise so far this week so I have to get my but in gear and get this excercise minutes done by friday!!!

xxPink
  • epalyn
    epalyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm new to MFP and to this topic. I've struggled my whole life with weight loss. At one point, I did Weight Watchers and lost a BUNCH of weight. Then I met a guy and got "happy" and gained it back... and then the relationship ended (a good thing) and gained it ALL back and more.

:noway:

I'm determined I won't do this again. And that this will be my last battle. . . with weight loss. I know what I need to do, I just have to do it.

After joining the website last week, I've started watching my food intake and I've started exercising.
    I have been swing dancing for the past 8 years and used that as my excuse not to have to really exercise. Well, obviously, that's not working. :grumble: So... I'm getting out there and hitting the pavement.
    On Sunday I walked an entire hour!!! Yesterday, when I locked myself out of my apartment and was waiting on my mom to come with the spare key- I walked for 30 minutes. . . in 4 inch wedge heels. I decided that was God giving me an extra 30 min of time to exercise. Then I went to swing dance, planning on just talking/catching up with my friend and not dancing. I ended up helping to teach the lesson and banked another 45 minutes of exercise.

It's amazing the difference two days of exercise makes me feel. TWO DAYS. :noway: No wonder people do this all the time. I'm taking a break today, mainly because my poor feet are mad at me for excercising in heels last night. But on Wednesday, I plan on walking at least 30 minutes at lunch.

I do not own a scale. I will purchase one next month (money issues prohibit it this month). I just went to the doctor on Friday and I was at 289. We'll see if I've made any progress. Even if I haven't on the scale, I know I have in my heart. Thanks to all of you :heart: for posting. It's helping me keep my motivation strong.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Good job ladies! I am still a little scared of jogging. I plan on doing the couch to 5k next year. I want to get into better shape first.
    I was scared too, because I thought, there is no way I can do it with all this weight I am carrying! I kept saying I'd try it after I lost a lot more weight....but then, with the help of a friend, i decided there is no time like the present. I say give it a shot. Start small, don't try to push yourself too hard. I haven't timed myself, but I am pretty sure I am not up to jogging for a minute yet. But it feels good when you try it, and you do it, and you prove to that fat girl attitude in yourself that you can do it!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey halfers!!! :smile:

I haven't posted in a few days because I had to go out of town for awhile. I'm back now and I am proud to say that I didn't gain any weight while I was traveling!!! :tongue: :drinker: Woohooo!!! That is amazing since I ate like a pig, but I also did ALOT of walking around.

Great job to those who are doing (and want to do) the couch to 5k program. I hear people say great things about it. I'll admit I'm a bit scared myself to try it just yet. I think I'll start it in Jan no matter what weight I'm at...

Well the scale didn't really move this week. I was so tired this morning from my trip (and the Benedryl that I took last night) I over slept this morning :yawn: and didn't get my AM workout in.:grumble: :noway: But never fear, I am going bike riding this evening!! I usually ride about 1 hour or so (with a few stops in there to catch my breathe). I'm excited. I am hoping to loose at 5-7 lbs this month for our family vacation on the 4th of July. Plus if I loose 5-7lbs I will be well under 250!!! That's very exciting to think about.

Okay my next goal, (its non weight loss) is to meet a nice man...I'm very shy:embarassed: and I don't socialize very much with people, not to mention I don't allow people to fix me up with people (I just don't trust that the guy will be worth my time and stress). Plus, the last few guys that I have been interested in have been only interested in my skinny friend:cry: . I go to church but there are not many single guys there (at least they don't advertise that they are single) and I joined the singles group at church but its all women. So what do I do?? How do I go about meeting a nice guy?? :ohwell: