The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hey Guys i think it is a great idea to have weekly goals and weigh ins. We all struggle with different things im sure, so Im trying to think of a goal that may suit us all - but my brain is pickled at the moment and I cant think.
    Lets weigh in every friday and i will put all the info onto a spreadsheet so we can chart our progress (yes i have a geeky husband who will help me with this haha) - so weigh in on friday and I will chart progress on saturdays.
    I think we should have a non-weigh in challenge per week to start on fridays too and when we weigh in we can all inform each other of our successes.

CHALLENGE # 1 - week starting friday 22nd May 2009
    Notice something different each day that has improved due to your new weightloss / healthy eating / excercise routine and let us know your 7 next friday with your weigh in. (i figure we should build up to hard core excercise challenges after building ourselves up with some encouragment first :tongue: )

If anyone has any ideas for challenges in coming weeks that you really want to do please pm me and I will use them in the coming weeks.

wait..so, by next friday we are supposed to come up with 7 differences, right?
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey Guys i think it is a great idea to have weekly goals and weigh ins. We all struggle with different things im sure, so Im trying to think of a goal that may suit us all - but my brain is pickled at the moment and I cant think.
    Lets weigh in every friday and i will put all the info onto a spreadsheet so we can chart our progress (yes i have a geeky husband who will help me with this haha) - so weigh in on friday and I will chart progress on saturdays.
    I think we should have a non-weigh in challenge per week to start on fridays too and when we weigh in we can all inform each other of our successes.

Notice something different each day that has improved due to your new weightloss / healthy eating / excercise routine and let us know your 7 next friday with your weigh in. (i figure we should build up to hard core excercise challenges after building ourselves up with some encouragment first :tongue: )

If anyone has any ideas for challenges in coming weeks that you really want to do please pm me and I will use them in the coming weeks.

wait..so, by next friday we are supposed to come up with 7 differences, right?

If I understood correctly, starting on Friday we think of something , then Saturday is the 2nd thing and so on until the following friday May 29th when we report the 7 things.
  • Momma2four
    Options

What if we are not quite ready to say our weight "out loud" so to speak, can it be weight lost for the week or do you actually want the weight?
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    For the other group I joined (the red team), I weigh-in on Mondays. So does anyone mind if my weigh-in waits until Monday? I'll still report on the challenges on Fridays, I just don't want to step on the scale too much...:wink:
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    momma24 is correct about challenge #1

- starting on this Friday coming up we think of something , then Saturday is the 2nd thing and so on until the following friday May 29th when we report the 7 things.

You can either report your weight or you weekly loss so dont worry momma2four - your loss will be fine :)....i know wha you mean abot saying the weight out loud - only people online know my weight at this stage, noone in 'real' life so to speak!!!

jlhcrh3 mondays is fine, just report when you do with your other group!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks pinksultana, I appreciate that:flowerforyou: My real world people don't know either, but I have a couple of my "real world" friends on here:laugh: :laugh: like my sister.who I do not want to know:laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    tomorrows weigh in guys. Good luck everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    I'm going to be MIA for a few days. I am visiting family. I'll be back Monday, but I'm waiting to weigh-in until tuesday!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Weight In: 267

I'm up 3 pounds. I can't say that I'm surprised, it seems like life has sabotaged my weight loss this week. We spent all last weekend helping our friends move - which, while I was very active, we did not eat well at all. Monday brought our homeschool assessment. Tuesday and Wednesday were putting our garden out - ate well, but the "activity" wasn't enough to burn many calories - just enough to make me too sore to walk! Thursday it seems like I did nothing but run errands. Today - my exercise will consist of mowing our lawn - a first for me, but well, it needs to be done and DH won't have time. So I'm strapping on my HRM and I'm going to do it. Wish me luck... lol! I think the gain has been a combination of water retention, muscle growth (i've done my fair share of lifting this week) and probably a little extra weight as well. I'm not going to worry about it too much - we'll see how things go next week.

Here's my 7 things that have improved with my weight loss:
    1) My attitude I find that in general I'm kinder in my thoughts about people. I'm not as quick to snap to judgement. In the same vein though - I no longer put up with "excuses" about anything. I think I used to indulge a lot more laziness from my family and even my friends - I don't let them tell me how busy they are or how much they have going on... laziness is laziness and I have no time for it in any way in my life anymore. So, while I'm kinder to others - I'm also being kinder to me - other people's laziness can no longer effect me.

2) Bathing Suit - Ok, I still don't look "hot" in a bathing suit - but I was amazed to find that a bathing suit that I haven't worn in 8 years looks ok on me now - it doesn't have a skirt! Some of the suits that I bought last year are actually too big.

3) Energy - The very fact that I'm going to get out and mow the grass today says volumes. There was a time not too long ago when I would have assumed that I couldn't do it. Today I'm saying - well whatever I can get done is that much less that DH has to do.

4) My son - My 11 year old is soooo proud of me! Just this week there were 2 incidents that brought tears to my eyes. He gave me a hug and for the first time in his life- his arms went completely around me. He looked at me with surprise and said, "WOW MOM - my arms go all the way around you!!!" Then a few days later we were out running errands and my son looked at me and said, "You walk a lot faster now, I don't have to slow down so that you can keep up." That made me cry.... no mom wants to think that they're holding their child back in any way - he'd been slowing down for me for who knows how long...

5) "Seeing" my weight loss for the first time - Ya know, when you're extra big it takes a little longer for you to "see" the weight loss - at least it does for me. I have a friend who is a good 9 or 10 inches taller than me. She's a big girl too but I always assumed that her proportions were..... well.... more proportionate. The other day we were sitting in identical lawn chairs and I was thinking about how comfortable the chairs were. She said, "These chairs are too narrow - they squeeze my legs and butt. " I looked over and noticed that she did have a noticable amount of "overhang". I looked down at my chair and almost jumped.... there was like an inch of extra space in my chair! NO OVERHANG! When did that happen??? LOL!

6) Craving Water - I've never been a big water drinker. But I notice that now that I'm more active, soda just won't do, juice is way too sweet and milk (even skim) seems too thick. Water has become my new best friend... I'm never without a bottle. My complexion has improved and I feel much better.

7) Easing of the PCOS symptoms. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with Hyperinsulinism. Whether I got heavy because of the PCOS or have the PCOS because I'm heavy is always an interesting topic for conversation... which came first, the chicken or the egg? At any rate - there are certain ways in which PCOS has made my life... difficult. Normally, I get my period about two or three times a year. SInce I started this in March, I've had a period every month. Normally my period is very painful - they've been extra long - but have not been painful. I have excess hair growth on my face - a lot of hair that grows on my chin and jaw line. Since I started getting healthier, it seems like the hair growth has slowed - I don't have to pluck nearly as often! I also have dark spots of extra pigmentation under my arms and at the back of my neck. These are very bothersome to me because I HATE the way it looks.... I don't know for sure - but I THINK that those spots are getting lighter.

This was a great exercise! I really feel like I had to be extra-aware of the good things. Thanks! I look forward to reading everyone elses!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

Sonjaven - that was an awesome post and heaps encouraging to the rest of us!!!

My weigh in today is 123.0kg
    I will post my 7 next fri as I try and think of one a day this week until then.
    I will post next friday as to what the Challenge #2 will be.

Keep up the good work peoples!!

PINK
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for the post sonjovan. Those are all great things to be proud of. You are very inspiring to us all. I really appreciate you being so honest:flowerforyou:

Have a nice time away jlhcrh3. :glasses:

Thanks for the encouragement Pink and I can't wait to see what next weeks challenge is. :happy:

I am down 2 pounds today. :happy:
    I think I will post something everyday that I am proud of.

starting today

1. I am proud that I am finally doing something about my weight. I have lost 28 pounds, since I began Feb 20th.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and good luck on our goals for this week.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Thanks for the nice comment on my post. Just an update... I mowed the entire front yard this morning - would have done more, but I have an 11 year old son just learning to mow and he was desperate to "help". I wore my HRM - in an hour and 20 minutes, I burned 640 calories. It was quite the workout! AND.... I got a little more of a base for my tan! BONUS!

Next time I will definitely be wearing a pair of gloves or wrapping something around the handle... my palms are bruised from holding onto the handle - lol - never knew my hands were so "delicate"!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Didn't lose anything this week, I got my period this week, so I think that is what it is. I will trying my hardest this week for better numbers!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi everyone is doing great. I can understand the whole period think keeping you back from losing on those weeks, I find the same thing happens to me. I said I would try to post each day something I am proud of todays:

2. I went on a 1hour and 20 minute bike ride my husband found several over passes to ride on and I rode up them without getting off and walking my bike.
  • 2b125by45
    2b125by45 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just found the website today. I also need to lose half my body weight plus 2. I weighed 252 this morning and I would like to reach a goal of 125 lbs by June 9, 2010. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

LMB
  • Hillbillychic28
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am new to this site as of today. I would like to take this journey with all of you if i can. I can use all the help i can get. ESPECIALLY emotional support from people who understand being REALLY over weight. I am 35 and i weigh 251 lbs and am 5' 4 so i understand weighing twice what you should. I have a bad back that slows me down too. I am married with an 8yr old boy and both my husband and child are bipolar so as you see i have ALOT i am dealing with and unfortunatley i am an emotional eater.. So hopefully we can all help each other cause i know i can use all the help i can get...lol
  • 2b125by45
    2b125by45 Posts: 10
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HillBillyChic28, You and I need to stick together. We are the same starting weight appro. and we are the same height. I am married with 1 boy 16 and I am an emotional eater too. Stress it my excuse to eat peanut butter from the jar and drink hordes of milk.

I will cheer you on, we can do this.

LMB
  • cpierson
    cpierson Posts: 2
    Options
    count me in, too. i just signed up today and can't believe this planner is free! my son, who is doing P90X program told me about it. it may be just what i need for guidelines and tracking and meeting nice folks like you that i can relate to. i weigh 282 lbs and want to reach 150. i am going to reward myself every 10 lbs of the way. i have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type II diabetes so you can imagine all the synthetic meds i am on. i know if i lose weight, the meds will go too.

i need help on this journey and that's where you guys come in. i will also support all of you in you voyage to a healthier and longer life. i will be 59 soon and for those of you young 'uns out there, and i speak from experience, the old saying is true" your body is a temple". what you put in it when you're young depends on how your body will age.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hello, 2b125by45,Hillbillychic, and cpierson, welcome I know we can all do this together. This weeks challenge is to think of 1 thing each day that you are proud of. On friday we share those things and we weigh in. I have been sharing my thing that I am proud of each day. :flowerforyou:

3. I am proud of the fact that I climbed the ladder and went down the slide with my son, he was thrilled. I am usually too self conscience to try things like this. :heart: He was so happy.:heart:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Having a bad day ladies. I am craving sugar hardcore. I know I am "full" but I have sugar on the brain. I have eaten 3 granola bars today (they are the sugar snack I allow myself usually one a day) and am still craving it. I am going to do a second workout after I get the kids to bed. Hopefully that will keep my mind busy. Wish me luck, I need it today!!