The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join. I have been looking for people on MFP that have 100+ lbs to lose. I am 5'7 and started at 265. I'm down 21 lbs. I am in it for the long haul this time. I'm going all the way. Ultimately, I want to get down to 130. But most importantly, I'm losing weight to resolve my diabetes and feel better about myself. I also want to be a good example for my kids and I want to be around for my kids. Can't wait to hear everyones success stories!

Faith
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    I haven’t had any weightloss for the past 3 weeks and was getting well sad about it – stood nude on the scale today and was down a whopping 8 pounds!! I didn’t trust my scales and went and weighed at the chemist and it told a loss of 7 pounds, and I was wearing clothes / shoes ect so my scales were right! I don’t know how that works but am soooo excited!!
    It taught me a lesson in keeping on going even when we don’t see a change for a good few weeks. Kepp it up peoples!!

xxPINK

thats awesome.. great job
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Pink-congrats on your loss!!! Way to hang in there!!!

Welcome to all the new people and good luck on your journey!!!!!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies :) It's Friday again, I am down 1 pound this week. With it being that TOTM I wasn't really expecting any loss at all.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello my lovelies!!!!

I haven't lost anything this week, but I am wearing a dress that I haven't been able to fit into for 2 years. I figure that's a good trade.

Have a great weekend!!!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Erm... I lost 9 pounds this week... It's my first week so I'm sure most of that is water weight. Should I log it on my ticker or wait until next weigh in to see how much I kept off?
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    9 pound - you go girl!!!!!!!! I would log it hah!! what a good motivation to keep going!!

leshawn - yay for the dress! very exciting!

As i psted a few days ago 8 pound this week for me after a 3 week drought o V excited

xxPINK
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    9 pound - you go girl!!!!!!!! I would log it hah!! what a good motivation to keep going!!

leshawn - yay for the dress! very exciting!

As i psted a few days ago 8 pound this week for me after a 3 week drought o V excited

xxPINK

Thanks!!!!

I agree I would definitely log that 9lbs, its such good motivation!! congrats!!!!!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss ladies! I will have to post my findings tomorrow...I have done nothing but run here and there this week. It's insane... but I wouldn't change a thing.

Welcome to all the new people... this is a great group of ladies who are really supportive!

I went shopping for new clothes this week... it was nice. I am in a solid size 20.... down from a solid size 26 at the end of last summer. I have some size 24's that I couldn't wear last year that are falling off of me now. I still can't "see" the difference in the mirror but I can feel a difference in flexibility and obviously in the way clothes fit.

We're heading on vacation at the end of next week... going to see the in-laws. My goal is to lose another 3-4 pounds before we leave.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey everyone! I need a place for motivation for people in a similar condition to myself. Would it be alright if I joined you all in my journey? I need all the support I can get. My life is going to be changing a whole bunch in the next year +, and I want one of those changes to be me being half the woman I am now (as my husband puts it).
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    im weighing in on sundays. i have been walking 2 miles everyday, & eating under my calories. so im hoping I will have lost....

this is the hard part for me, this is where my body is sore & im wanting to give up, lol

suprisingly i havent seemed to starve at all. i think if i can keep this up for about 2-3 more weeks, ill feel so much better & want be so sore all the time.
    but the good news is im not letting mt fat win this time!!

ill post sunday how much ive lost..

great job to everyone else.. keep it up!
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    Hey, I just stumbled across this thread. I too need to lose half of my weight, 150 pounds. I found out today that my BMI is 44.7.

"How about you guys... what brought you to MFP and why is this time different?"

I joined MFP in February, but fell off the wagon. I was 290ish. Then last week, I'm accompanying my grandmother to the doctors and sneak in to stand on the scale. I nearly cried when I found out I had gained 13 pounds. Not only had I gained, I had broken the promise I had made to myself a long time ago, that I would NEVER be 300 pounds. Now I'm more than that and on medicine to control my insulin. I know all of my health problems are caused by being over weight. I decided that it was time to actually really honestly do something about it.

I'm 21 years old. A few of the posts on here that I've read have expressed health concerns. Its not just a concern for me. If I don't change my life in a big way, I honestly believe that I will not live to see 50.

I want to get married and have kids and run around after them and be there on their graduation day and when they get married and have their own kids. I want to see my great grandchildren! There's no way I'm going to let something like food and laziness stop me from living those dreams.

HELLO
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    Hey everyone! I need a place for motivation for people in a similar condition to myself. Would it be alright if I joined you all in my journey? I need all the support I can get. My life is going to be changing a whole bunch in the next year +, and I want one of those changes to be me being half the woman I am now (as my husband puts it).

HEY WELCOME
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Count me in too. I have a good 40 pounds I want to lose plus doing some toning and sculpting... it's gonna be hard but everyone can do it. Even for those who are losing 5 pounds, its still hard work... good luck to everyone out there.

Kelly
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Has anyone here wore their HRM for 24 hrs to see how many calories their bodies burn in a normal day? I am doing it right now, and the number is huge. So I don't know if it is working properly (it is a Polar F7) or if I just takes that many to maintain my my current weight. So, now I am worried that either I am putting in the wrong exercise calories burned, or I am not eating enough. Any advice?
  • pinksultana
    Options
    hey jen - I havent done that yet - may do it tonight actually as i think it would be an intesrting excercise

couple fo things to keep in mind - i would reckon wearing the HRM over 24 hours should probably be done a couple of times - like 3 maybe over a week and a half to get an 'average' reading rather than a one off which may be higher than average ect. I figure if you do it like 3 times and the numbers are pretty similar then it ould be more accurate.??

what was the number like when you did it?
  • pinksultana
    Options
    jen - im going to start a thread about this and get some feedback from others so keep an eye out for it
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Thanks :) according to my HRM I burn almost 4800 calories in a day. I do weight 276, but that seems really high. My BMR in a few calculators is around about 2100, that would mean I burn 2900 doing normal activites during the day. Now, since it is for a 24 hour period, any inaccuracy would be multiplied.

Also, does everyone here eat more than there BMR? I haven't been :embarassed: I had my calories set at about 1500 + eating my exercise calories. Should I be eating my BMR + exercise cals? I am feeling confused now.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    With you and me, who have "a whole person to lose", eating less than our BMR is okay. For now. It puts us into a deficiency which makes our body burn fat for energy. I'm following MFP's recommendation of 2000 a day, which is 204 less than my BMR, and its to lose 1.5 pounds a week. If I do any exercise I make sure to eat at least some of those calories. Check MFP's recommendations... 1500 sounds like you're trying to lose 2 pounds a week?
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I did set it for 2 pounds a week. So, if you are "obese" (I really hate that word) it is ok to go below BMR? I think I will up my calories a bit if I stop losing. Right now I am losing 2 pounds a week no problem, so I guess I am not starving. LOL