looking for breakfast ideas

Options
Hey all,
Does anyone have any yummy healthy breakfast ideas!? I've never been a breakfast eater, so I have been pushing myself to try to eat in the morning but I'm getting sooo tired of eating the same things! Lately, I've mostly been eating All Bran buds with strawberries, or cottage cheese and toast, or oatmeal. What do you guys eat for breakfast?!

Replies

• timeforchange
    Options
    Hey all,
    Does anyone have any yummy healthy breakfast ideas!? I've never been a breakfast eater, so I have been pushing myself to try to eat in the morning but I'm getting sooo tired of eating the same things! Lately, I've mostly been eating All Bran buds with strawberries, or cottage cheese and toast, or oatmeal. What do you guys eat for breakfast?!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is yogurt with granola. I prefer the apple granola with pieces of apples in it.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Depends on my workout for the morning, but either a Nutrigrain or power bar. Sometimes, depending on whether that day I'm calorie shifting, I'll have oatmeal or a banana with peanut butter to.
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat special k cereal with a fruit. Some times I eat an egg white omlet or boiled egg with whole wheat toast. If I know it will be awhile before I can eat lunch or wont be able to have a snack I will eat some home made pancakes here is a good recipe that I use

1 cup of 50/50 flour
    1 cup of skim milk
    2 table spoons of apple sauce
    1 medium mashed up banana
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    1 1/4 teaspoon of salt if you want to add it, I dont.

mix it all up and use it for pancakes or waffles. instead of syrup I usually throw a few chocolate chips in the batter, but when the kids just want syrup I use a light brand. I usually have to triple this recipe because my boys love pancakes, lol
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    I like...

Special K Chocolate Delights with yogurt mixed in
    Breakfast Burritos - Low Carb tortilla, 2 eggs, little bit of salsa, and Fat Free Sour Cream - **My new favorite
    Frosted Mini Wheats with 1% Milk
    Fiber One Bars with Fruit

Hope this helps
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    My most common choices are:

Egg whites scrambled with veggies and/or low fat cheese (if I am going to work out after breakfast but before lunch I'll put the above in a whole wheat tortilla or on a Fiber One english muffin)

Cheerios with fresh fruit

Luna Bar
  • BigAnn
    BigAnn Posts: 38
    Options
    On weekdays I have yogurt. It's good frozen.
  • tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    You might try Morning Star Farms (frozen) Sausage Patties (vegetarian) with a slice of cheese melted on top, on an english muffin or toast. Easy, hot and hardy!
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I have some real great ones, i have a recipe book i bought from herbal magic and they are great..

Apple Toffee Oatmeal...

1/4 cup rolled oats
    1 English toffee tea bag
    1 pkg artificial sweetner
    1 tsp apple spice seasoning
    1/2 tsp soft, light margarine

cook the rolled oats as directed, put the tea bag in with the oatmeal while its cooking. when oatmeal is ready remove the bag, Mix the sweetner, apple spice and margarine into the oatmeal.

makes a good breakfast.

Breakfast Berry Tortilla...

1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 6' tortilla
    1 tbsp ultra low fat cream cheese

Gently warm the blueberries and strawberries in a non stick pan, Warm the tortilla in the microwave
    for about 10-15 sec. Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and wrap in the berries..

mmm mmm good.

I have tons of recipes if you require more.. all low in fat and carbs.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • andreajean
    andreajean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites
    1/4 cup Mozzarella, Part Skim Milk Cheese
    1 tbsp Real Bacon Bits
    1/2 cup fresh spinach (shredded)
    1 small tomato (diced)
    1 spray olive oil

I just spray a microwave safe dish with a little olive oil and mix all the ingredients together. Microwave for 2 min. or so stopping a couple of times to stir. It's only 193 calories & it's easy.
  • timeforchange
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone!!
    I'm excited to eat breakfast tomorrow haha
    i think i need to hit the grocery store though :)
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Maple and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal - 160 Calories
    Publix Light Wheat Bread/2 slices - 80 Calories
    Jif reduced fat Peanut Butter - 180 Calories
    420 Calories

Cook the oatmeal as directed. Toast the bread and spread the peanut butter just like regular butter. It's so good! Compared to other breakfast meals, this one keeps my energy level high through lunch.

-Ian
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The two things I eat most often are:

1 egg scrambled with red peppers, tomato, spinach, mushrooms and onions in it, or

a low-carb tortilla with laughing cow & the same veggies, folded over at put in the toaster oven until it browns a bit. ( I'm addicted to those things!)

I picked up some steel cut oatmeal to try.

If you try the pancake recipe above, you can also add a jar of baby food sweet potatoes (or cooked, pureed sweet potatoes.) It adds a lovely color & natural sweetness. Unfortunately, my kids won't go for anything past 25% whole wheat flour.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs (egg beaters 1/4 cup) and a packet of original oatmeal

or if im in a rush protein shake and a packet of original oatmeal

(always protein with a complex carb)
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Quaker Instant Oatmeal Fiber Maple and Brown Sugar
    I add a lil bit of the liquid coffee mate in French Vanilla

It is so good.
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    AndreaJean - Just made the breakfast you posted !!!!!

Awesome !!!!!!

Easy and WAY filling !!!!!

Thanks for posting it ;)
  • sims1122
    sims1122 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like to eat my quick "egg mcmuffin"
    -2 egg whites
    -1 whole wheat english muffin
    -1 tbs salsa

I take a coffee cup, spray it with non stick spray, cook the egg whites in the coffee cup in the microwave for 1 minute. Toast the english muffin and when the eggs are done they are the perfect size to fit the english muffin. I put some salsa on it and Im out the door. It take like 3 minutes to make!!!
  • andreajean
    andreajean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you liked it!
  • 1ladybug
    1ladybug Posts: 6
    Options
    I fix for my family egg and cheese on a English Muffin or a Bagel. Some times I put ham or sausage on as well.
  • Filala
    Filala Posts: 7
    Options
    Homemade pancake recipe looks so good I'm going to try it as soon as I get enough ambition to cook something in the morning instead of grabbing a banana or some quick oatmeal made in the micro.
    Thanks for the idea.