looking for breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Eating breakfast is definitely important!

Here's one of my favorites. I haven't entered on the nutrition counter, but it was very "low-points" on the weight watchers system:

Nutri-grain or Special K multi-grain low-fat waffles (2 rounds)
    Raspberry jam melted in the microwave to make syrup. The flavor is so intense that 1 tablespoon is sufficient for the two waffles.
    Add a cup of cantaloupe on the side. Believe it or not, cantaloupe and raspberries are great flavor complements.
  • ckholmes
    Options
    I often like to eat for breakfast:

1 or 2 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)
    1 medium sliced tomato
    1- 1 1/2 oz hard cheese (sliced)
    fresh chopped basil or dried basil
    sprinkled pressed garlic or garlic salt

I layer my toast with first tomatoes, then cheese, basil and garlic I put the toast on a cookie sheet and place it in the oven on broil just enough where the cheese melts.

Enjoy
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Here's another idea. It's a favorite for Weight Watchers and Atkins dieters ...

Crustless Spinach Quiche
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 onion
    10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1-1/4 cups egg substitute or 5 eggs
    2 cups low-fat cheddar or swiss cheese
    1/4 teas. salt
    1/8 teas. black pepper

Saute the onion in the oil until soft. Add spinach and allow moisture to cook off. In a bowl, combine eggs or substitute, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine.

Pour into sprayed 9-inch pie pan or sprayed 6-cup muffin tin. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until eggs are set.

(Muffin tin portions are great for weekday breakfast. Just pop in the microwave. They also freeze well. 2 muffin portions are 2 points in WW, if made with egg substitute.)
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    For me Breakfast is fun to dress up: :wink:

Oatmeal for instance: Add Craisins, sliced almonds, Any kind of fresh fruit. Try making it multi-grain for variety.

Egg: poached is really nice, on a slice of whole grain bread!

Have you ever tried Musseli It's a great cereal mix that you can mix into yogurt the night before, and Voila! it is a hardy breakfast ready to enjoy the next morning. I buy the mix from Bob's Red Mill.

If you like yogurt you can dress up vanilla with fresh or frozen fruit, or a Tbs or 2 of Granola. I make my own granola, so I don't know the calorie count on store brands, but a couple of Tbs. shouldn't be too much.

Also you can always make some kind of omelet. I made a single egg omelet this morning, by adding 1 Tbs of milk to my egg, whipping it up and pouring it over chopped green onions, peppers and celery and then served in on a bed of fresh spinach leaves with 2 Tbs of Salsa. It was delicious, and very low in calories.:bigsmile: I cooked it in 1 tsp of butter.
    My omelet along with a glass of tomato juice was a little less than 200 Calories!

Omelets are really fun, because you can add about any veggie you have on hand or like to eat!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I take 3 tablespoons of the egg beaters all whites and whip them with a little lemon juice and water. then I add just a touch of whole wheat flour. I get a small frying pan hot and spray it with cooking spray.
    I then make a crepe. This will make one crepe!

I can eat 3 of these and 4 medium strawberries cut up and 3 tablespoons of whipped cream for 120 calories!

:happy: This sounds really yummy! I think I'll try this with my fresh raspberries that are left from the garden
    for breakfast tomorrow!:love: love crepes!
  • nooner_75
    Options
    1.5 cups of vector cereal with a cup of 1%milk and a banana or any piece of fruit u like
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I do a Casper McMuffin lotsa days:

Kroger - Original English Muffin, 1 Muffin 130 5 1 26 0 1 remove
    Dak - Premium Ham Slices , 1 slice 28g 30 5 1 0 15 0 remove
    Kraft Singles - American Cheese, 1 slice (19g) 60 3 5 1 15 0 remove
    Egg - Grade A - Large (Fried), 1 large egg (50g) 70 6 5 1 215 0 remove

290(calories) 19(Protein grams) 12(Fat grams) 28(carbs) 245(cholesterol (ouch!)) 1 (fiber).

Surprisingly not bad, huh?
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I love Special K Fruit and yogurt cereal with some skim milk. I'll also throw in a peice of fruit too.
  • loritas
    Options
    Bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Hot-Quinoa-Breakfast-With-Fruits-235630

You can also cook the quinoa as normal, add coconut milk and honey to it with fresh fruit!!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    You might try Morning Star Farms (frozen) Sausage Patties (vegetarian) with a slice of cheese melted on top, on an english muffin or toast. Easy, hot and hardy!

Love these. i had 2 for breakfast yesterday!

I had to take them out of my daily breakfast though. i used to eat one morningstar veggie sausage patty and a pack of instant oat meal. Now I'm just down to the oatmeal.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    sara lee mini bagel with peanut butter

toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter smashed with 1 banana

cheerios or bran flakes with a sprinkle of raisins

"chilequiles" 1 egg scrambled, with salsa and a sprinkle of cheese in a hot, white corn tortilla.
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You guys are all totally awesome for sharing these breakfast recipes! I never ever eat breakfast its one of my biggest downfalls! It just takes me so long on a morning to get ready I never have time!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast. one half of a deli thin 7 grain bun toasted. Top with 1 scrambled egg scrambled in red and yellow pepper or pico de gallo, 1 slice of canadian bacon and a slice of low fat peppercorn cheese. Yum. Keeps me fueled for my workout of the morning.
  • shnewell
    shnewell Posts: 14
    Options
    My favorite is 1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and 1 small container (6 oz?) greek yogurt. It has just the right amount of tanginess, sweetness and crunch. Very high in protein, so keeps you full, but only around 250 calories!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    All these ideas are amazing! We need to put out a cookbook!! Is there any way for me to print out this whole thread?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Peanut butter toast is good. I also make a breakfast sandwich with a deli flat, egg, half a slice of cheese, and a piece of turkey bacon. If I eat protein in the morning, I find that I'm less hungry during the day.
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deedeee
    deedeee Posts: 7
    Options
    3 cups frozen watermelon
    2 1/2 cups almond milk

blend... very filling smoothie