• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

Breakfast Berry Tortilla...

1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 6' tortilla
    1 tbsp ultra low fat cream cheese

Gently warm the blueberries and strawberries in a non stick pan, Warm the tortilla in the microwave
    for about 10-15 sec. Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and wrap in the berries..

mmm mmm good.

Sounds AMAZING :love:
  • ninz17
    ninz17 Posts: 3
    Options
    At the moment i am LOVING :

Sliced apple, orange, plum, mango or any fruit I have, in a bowl topped with about 20 g of All Bran and a couple of tablespoons of Yeo Valley Natural Fat Free youghurt! Yum! Top it off with cinammon if you like. :-)
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I eat every morning, two pieces of 100% whole wheat toast with 2 tbs reduced fat peanut butter, talking about fabulous, and even better the reduced fat peanut is so much creamier you have to drink your water to get it down.....Hope this helps
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    This morning I had a healthier strawberry "shortcake". I topped a low-fat English muffin with strawberries and light whipped cream. First time I tried that, and it tasted great!:sick:

Oops - uh, wrong smiley there:laugh:
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do a few things to change up things for breakfast...

Breakfast parfait
    3 strawberries, sliced
    1 container light vanilla yogurt
    5 walnuts, crushed
    1 tablespoon Cool Whip Free

Take a small glass and place crushed walnuts in the bottom. Add the yogurt and then the sliced strawberries. Stir together to mix. Top off with one dollup of Cool Whip Free.

~*~*~

Breakfast Bacon and Spinach Wrap

1 Flatout Light wrap
    2 pieces of bacon (I use Morningstar Veggie Bacon)
    Fresh spinach
    1 tablespoon fat free mayonaise
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Take the Flatout Light wrap and cover with 1 tablespoon fat free mayo. Place spinach in the center of the wrap. Place bacon on top of it. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Fold up like a burrito and cut across the middle to make two pieces.

~*~*~

Breakfast Wrap

1 Flatout Light wrap
    3 tablespoons egg whites
    1.5 tablespoons skim milk
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    sprinkle of red pepper

Scramble egg whites with skim milk and a dash of red pepper for flavor. Prepare bacon and warm up the wrap. Sprinkle wrap with cheddar cheese. Scoop the scrambled egg whites into the center over the cheese. Crumble the bacon over the egg whites. Place in microwave for 20 seconds to melt the cheese. Fold wrap up like a burrito and cut in half.

~*~*~

Egg Muffin

1 whole wheat english muffin, toasted
    1 slice fat free American cheese
    1 piece of bacon (I use Morningstar Veggie Bacon)
    3 tablespoons egg whites

Cook bacon. Spray a pan and addd egg whites. Cook egg whites like a fried egg, until done. On a toasted english muffin, place 1 slice of cheese and top with egg whites. Break bacon in half and place on top of eggs. Cover with other half of toasted english muffin.

~*~*~

Breakfast Pizza

1 Flatout Light wrap
    1/2 cup Ragu pizza sauce
    1/4 cup mozerella cheese, shredded

Cook bacon. On a sprayed baking sheet, place the Flatout wrap and top with pizza sauce. Crumble the bacon over the sauce and then top with the mozerella cheese. Cook at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Cut in half length-wise, then cut width-wise into 8 pieces.

~*~*~

Hope that gives you some ideas!

~Gael~
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I always have berries with yogurt and then either have all bran with almond breeze or granary toast with pb.
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning. It doesn't seem to take long to make and the calories are minimul.

I use ice, 1/2 cp milk, 1/2 cup non fat vanilla yogurt, and whatever fruit I have on hand. Today was 4 large strawberries and 4 slices of peaches. This made enough smoothie for tow people. My husband took one to work in a travel mug!
  • Zee75
    Zee75 Posts: 6
    Options
    I always have a toasted whole wheat english muffin with a slice of low fat cheese and a hard boiled egg. For even less calories sub the whole egg for eggcreations, much more egg for the calories..

Good luck
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The breakfasts I eat most often are:

2 eggs
    1 whole wheat toast w/ 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
    a kiwi w/ 1/2 cup strawberries, or a banana

3/4 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
    6 oz yogurt (I eat the astro zero)
    banana
    If you take a spoonful of yogurt and dip it in the TVP it is crunchy like granola but the flavour is slightly different but still yummy. You would want to avoid mixing it all in before eating it as the TVP will get mushy from the yogurt rehyrating it.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Most common breakfasts for me are homemade oat bread toasted topped with homemade peanut butter, half a banana (or less if toddler is really hungy:tongue: ) and a tsp of honey or oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter, a tbsp of chocolate chips and a 1/4 cup of sons very vanilla soy milk.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of cooking the oatmeal with the toffee tea bag -- going to try this tomorrow morning!
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you, before i started MFP i NEVER ate breakfast, i sometimes still don't :laugh: :laugh: But my favourite thing i have found so far is Special K red berries and adding around 15 extra blueberries with a dash of semi-skimmed milk YUM YUM!!! This is only around 200 cals :tongue: :tongue:
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    Hello,

I take 3 tablespoons of the egg beaters all whites and whip them with a little lemon juice and water. then I add just a touch of whole wheat flour. I get a small frying pan hot and spray it with cooking spray.
    I then make a crepe. This will make one crepe!

I can eat 3 of these and 4 medium strawberries cut up and 3 tablespoons of whipped cream for 120 calories!

139415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey all,
    Does anyone have any yummy healthy breakfast ideas!? I've never been a breakfast eater, so I have been pushing myself to try to eat in the morning but I'm getting sooo tired of eating the same things! Lately, I've mostly been eating All Bran buds with strawberries, or cottage cheese and toast, or oatmeal. What do you guys eat for breakfast?!

Quick and easy is a requirement for me as I am usually rushing out the door. A staple for me is a bowl of quacker weight control oatmeal with a quarter cup of fresh blueberries mixed in. yummmmmmmmm.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • jillianarnould
    Options
    I mostly eat special k cereal with a fruit. Some times I eat an egg white omlet or boiled egg with whole wheat toast. If I know it will be awhile before I can eat lunch or wont be able to have a snack I will eat some home made pancakes here is a good recipe that I use

1 cup of 50/50 flour
    1 cup of skim milk
    2 table spoons of apple sauce
    1 medium mashed up banana
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    1 1/4 teaspoon of salt if you want to add it, I dont.

mix it all up and use it for pancakes or waffles. instead of syrup I usually throw a few chocolate chips in the batter, but when the kids just want syrup I use a light brand. I usually have to triple this recipe because my boys love pancakes, lol

Whats your calorie count and serving size on this?
  • christine918
    Options
    Almost every morning I eat:
    1 packet sugar free (great value) instant maple & brown sugar oatmeal 100 calories
    1/4 cup egg beaters 30 calories
    1 turkey sausage patty 55 calories

Total Calories 185 and I'm full till lunch!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I switch it up - some days is a smoothie (easy - just fruit juice, a frozen banana, 1/2 papaya and whatever else I have) -

other days - a toasted english muffin, or an egg (either on the muffin, or alone) - or a hard boiled egg

The past two days have been clif mojo sweet and salty bars - YUM!!! (they're about 200 calories but I don't get hungry for a long time after eating one in the morning)
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I like making breakfast bowls when I've got time. Either grits or cubed and roasted sweet potatoes on the bottom, topped with an egg, maybe some cheese, maybe hot sauce, ketchup -- whatever other flavors you like.

I also like breakfast smoothies. Lately, I've been making one with a cup of milk, 1.5 tsp instant coffee crystals, 1 pack of splenda, 2 ice cubes, and either vanilla extract or 2 tsp of cocoa powder. When you blend it up, it gets really frothy almost like it's got some whipped cream on top. This also makes a great afternoon snack.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I almost always have:

1 cup dannon light n fit vanilla yogurt
    1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup berries- fresh or frozen
    1/2 cup kashi go lean crunch
    sprinkle of cinnamon

YUMMY and only about 270 calories :wink:

Or, once in a while I'll have a whole wheat light english muffin with 1.5 tablespoons of natural peanut butter... about 250 calories