OMG!! Almost punched this guy @ gym!

Options

Replies

• ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Both my daughter and I are shocked. Yes, my hubby is the big guy too. My daughter said her reply to this fool though would be " Listen, are you sure your brain is engaged, cause my muscles are."
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Holy Crap!!
    Putting a pox on his testicles now!! :grumble:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Christina Aguilera feat Lil' Kim - Can't Hold Us Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=aordlDMs0cM&NR=1

i think this could be all you ladys anthem
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    35lbs is a great place to start. I started at 20, and it was hard - very hard. Now, I am at 85, so keep up the work, and you'll be at 100 very soon. Oh, and I am glad you told that idiot that everyone can be in any area of the gym. If he says anything to you again, go tell him to work his legs - those are probably scrawny because he does too many bench presses. What a jerk! :)
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    35lbs is a great place to start. I started at 20, and it was hard - very hard. Now, I am at 85, so keep up the work, and you'll be at 100 very soon. Oh, and I am glad you told that idiot that everyone can be in any area of the gym. If he says anything to you again, go tell him to work his legs - those are probably scrawny because he does too many bench presses. What a jerk! :)

85!!!!:noway: Very jealous..:blushing:
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have been going to the gym for years and I have never encounter that before and you are lifting more than I have ever. I am always using the 10 and maybe 15. I am so sorry that someone thought that would be cool to do. I am glad you stand up for yourself and did not let him intimidate you. Good for you:)
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i would like that meat head to try and tell the gals from swedens gladiatorerina. i follow Helene-Ice Ahlson. on face book because she amazing

388743_10150406452010146_507925145_8979676_1107711912_n.jpg
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    you did great don't let guys like that put you down.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is why I pay more to go to a women's only gym, I get nothing but support and encouragement there and no brain dead neanderthals!
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    OMGs! I think I WOULD have punched him. I might have broken my hand on his rock-hard abs, but I think I would have done it anyway. Jerks like that put so many people off gyms. I'm so glad you held your ground and stood up to him! :)

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    I would have told him he was going to look silly with a bar bell sticking out his...well you get the point. :laugh:
    Not all men are like that. I still hold the door for my wife and all that jazz. We still exist.
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would lodge a complaint with the gym administration and let them know that they need to make sure they aren't running a chauvinist gym or you will go elsewhere!
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I considered dropping the bar on his foot and then putting the girlie "Omg... it was just soooo heavy" act on! I think I held it together quite well considering my quick temper...
    LOL that would have been awsome.. should add " ooo did that hurt **eye lashes**"
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    What a low down peice of junk he was! I would have punched him in HIS place and showed him where he could go. Jerk! :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's why I don't go to the gym :/ I'm very weak, and to hear someone say something like that...ugh.
    The gym is for everyone, why should it be so difficult to understand? Stupid guy :O
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    He probably wanted you to leave because he was planning on pressing 30lbs and was intimidated by your heavier weight :tongue: .

Seriously though I would report him because he has no right to mark out territory like that, the gym is for everyone. Well done on your composure as well , I have a quick temper and I doubt I would've held it together :drinker:
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What a meathead! You did great standing up for yourself. The guys at my gym are awesome & no one has ever said anything to me about being in the weight room.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I agree; you are a paid member and he has no right harassing you.
    I think I'd have been tempted to mention his inappropriate behaviour to the staff. It's borderline harrassment. Interrupting your workout. Calling you a 'little girl'. Not ok. Neanderthal.

At my gym, the weights area is really male dominated (I'm usually the only woman), but the men are nice. I'm sorry you had to deal with such an idiot.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think it's good what he said.
    (wait! let me finish!)

That right there would have fueled me to approach every single woman I could find at that gym, tell them what he said, and then challenge them to start strength training with me. I'd totally find a way to infiltrate that area with women and see how he likes THAT! He'd positively turn purple when he saw how long he'd have to wait before using equipment by the time I was done. Never, ever underestimate the power of a group of women responding to a sexist pig. :wink:

If you do that, and you see him...give him a wicked little smile and wave impudently at him. He'll LOVE it.

*evil giggle* :devil:
  • Charnellj12
    Options
    Lol wow.. glad you stuck up for yourself! I would have LOST it on him... My gym has all the cardio machines downstairs, and upstairs is where the weights are.. and generally its 95% men up there.. but i still use that area frequently and, sometimes get a few looks.. but to tell you the truth there are so many guys that dont know "machine etiquette", and are in much worse shape than i am... and then there are all the muscle machines that are always there, every time i go... ah well i guess every gym has its people!! If he gets in your face again there i'd say there is gunna be a problem! lol