Kids Are Weird

Options
Crying_In_Color
Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
What is the strangest thing you have had to say to your children?

Your brother does not want to eat your boogies.
Do not take your pants off in the car.
Worms do not live in your teeth.

Replies

• IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You mean like "Stop licking the wall!" and "Get your sister's foot out of your mouth!" haha Kids are crazy sometimes :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    There are no birds in your bedroom. Go to sleep.
    Don't lick your sister! Thats not how dinosaurs kiss.
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My wife and I were at a friend's birthday party this weekend. Our little girl (soon to be 3) was having the time of her life running around and playing with all the other kids. At one point, I noticed her in the middle of the room taking her pants off. I ran over to get her as all the partygoers laughed at her antics. I just had to laugh and say, "It's not a real party until somebody takes their pants off!" :) Kids..... :)

I proceeded to have a talk with her that, while it is fine and dandy to run around at home in your panties, it is not nice to take your pants off while in public. :)
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "No, I cannot pull a motorcycle cookie out of my bum. Don't ever say that again."
    "Stop licking the dog's fur. You can't clean his paws the way he does."
    "That's not what they mean on Blue's Clues when they say, 'we can do anything that we want to do.' "
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This is a conversation I witnessed between my cousin and a kid she was babysitting. My cousin's middle kid suffers from eczema, very serious case and has had many problems and been hospitalized from it. Well the kid she was babysitting asked "whats an erection?" My cousin told him "its when boy parts get hard". the kid was like "how come Cody got hosptitalized for a erection?" I told my cousin, I think he asked "whats an infection?" I laughed so hard. Specially when the mother came to pick up her kid and my cousin had to tell the mom she explained an erection by accident.
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    I was visiting a friend and her 5 year old daughters decided they liked me. They were running around the living room being "apples" (which is wtf in itself) yelling "eat me! I'm an apple!" so I'd chase them and make "omnomnom" sounds.

I love children. <3 They say and do the most adorable things.
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is a conversation I witnessed between my cousin and a kid she was babysitting. My cousin's middle kid suffers from eczema, very serious case and has had many problems and been hospitalized from it. Well the kid she was babysitting asked "whats an erection?" My cousin told him "its when boy parts get hard". the kid was like "how come Cody got hosptitalized for a erection?" I told my cousin, I think he asked "whats an infection?" I laughed so hard. Specially when the mother came to pick up her kid and my cousin had to tell the mom she explained an erection by accident.

LOL!! Oh my
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    - "Stop saying I'm farting!", in public, of course *sigh* lol
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    I like the fact its getting warmer so I can tell my girls that the ice cream van only plays a tune to tell you its run out of ice cream. he he BAD MUMMY!!!!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options

my son use to say erections when talking about directins...could not get the word diwn. thankfully he grew out ofthat
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    *lol* Mine can't talk yet... but I know words are just on the tip of her tongue... I can't wait for the kidisms to start... life is going to be so interesting then...
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My daughter has accused me of farting in a store on more than one ocassion. "MOM. I know you tooted.. now.. STOP IT"
    She is 4 going on 15.
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just recently I've had to repeatedly tell my almost 3yo to stop licking the dog. I've had to tell my 8 yo (when he gets naked to get in the shower) to stop swinging his penis around (seriously, on purpose and thinks its hilarious!). And on St. Pattys day I thanked my kids for behaving so well at dinner (out to eat) and my 5yo told me he'd send me a bill! Lol....
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My son had absolutely horrified look on his face when I told him that peanut butter is made from crushed up peanuts.

"No, not 'penis'. PEANUTS!" Poor kid.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My daughter - when she was 2 - to my dad while potty training: "Poppy, I peesed on floor." To which my dad says, "why did you do that?" Daughter, "I don't know but oh *kitten*!"

Oops!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    my son was with me on a dr's appointment. The dr. asked me if I was sexually active. Thinking my son wasn't paying attention (he was playing video games or something) I said "yes."

Then my son started shouting "MOM!!! YOU'RE HAVING SEX AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!??!"

...yeah. That really happened.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "Stop eating your little brother with a fork. Use a spoon!"

I didn't think baby brother needed plastic fork tines poked at him by his 3 year old brother who was play eating him. The spoon was much more delicate. lol
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    "THERE IS NO KUNG FU IN THE BATH TUB!!!!"
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump for a good read later.
  • misslolachobble
    Options
    hahahhah this thread is hilarious .:laugh: :laugh: