30 Day Shred...Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I just started today. This is the second time around as I did it in February too. What a remarkable difference today was compared to the last time that I started. I am definitely much more in shape!! My goal is to try to do more with Natalie this time because last time I pretty much stuck to Anita.

I started Saturday for the second time also, added a 2 mile walk in before but I might try and do it after to help my knees. I found myself doing the cardio with my 3 pound weights, DANG my armpits are killing me :)
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Ok, I did it. I can't find it in the database to enter my calories...help please! Does it go under cardio or strength? Thanks!

I couldn't find it either so I just made a new log for cardio/strength and put 350 calories. I based calories on what my HRM said.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you live but I have been told Big Lots sells them.
  • nattou
    nattou Posts: 14
    Options
    Started today! Christ, my abdominal area hurts so much. My whole body actually hurts LOL. But then again, I also spent an hour at the gym and ran all day for my classes. My brain hurts LOL sigh.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    ...and I will be doing push ups on my knees for awhile cause I can only manage a couple real push ups because I am worthless and weak (lol) but by the end I will be Major Payne strong
  • jasminegreen01
    Options
    just started today their is a group that i also joined on hear, that started today. lets do it!!!!
  • kturn6420
    kturn6420 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started JM 30 DS! I finished Day 2 of Level 1 today! I'm hoping to get some good results from this and jump kick myself off of this plateau I'm on!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's cool! The more, the merrier! You don't have to post pics if you don't want to. I like to see how my body is changing and I like getting outside feedback. Sometimes other people can see things that you can't. Good luck to you!
    :/ I think Im the only guy... whatever, Im in. Finished my first day today. I have really bad tendonitis in my foot so this is gonna be tough, but ill manage. Im only doing 5 days/week. I have a hip disorder so I value my weekend rest ;) Not sure if Im going to post pictures. That strongly depends on my results. Good luck to everyone!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Lol. I hear ya. She definitely makes you want to kick and scream obsenities at her. Lol.
    I'll join! I did level1, day2 last night. I'm sore as ALL he!! today!! omg! I presume i keep going, no rest day right? It's 30 days straight?

....I swore a good deal at that woman last night...:laugh: I dont mind the jumping jacks, the girl push ups I have to do cuz I can't do the real ones yet, or even the butt kicks.... but that one about 1/2 way through where you have the hand weights , and you lunge to either side and lift the weights to eye level... holy **** if i had the strength it would've been hurled thru the tv! LOL

Good luck everyone!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Strange, I just bought it tonight at my Walmart. Don't know where else you can pick it up but you can order it on Amazon and probably Walmart online.
  • brynnnriversmom
    brynnnriversmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in starting tomorrow morning!!! Woo Hoo. I am going to try out level 2 and push through it.

This will definitely help me stay motivated to keep at it every day for 30 days.
  • Crys717
    Crys717 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in! IMy name is Crys (pronouced like Chris!) have 10 1/2 month old twin boys and a 3 year old boy! I need to be kept accountable!! I hope this helps me!
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the 30 Day Shred !! Woot woot ( or is that ouch ouch) . I just completed Day 1. I got my video from Chapters Book Store,(Canada) they had lots of JM videos, but i got the last 30 day shred. My HRM said I only burned 210 calories though...
    I will post pictures later.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    This is perfect, I just did level 1 day 1 today :)
  • thomdn4
    thomdn4 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started my 30 day shred on March 1st. I am with you on this one. Loving I do it everyday including other exercises.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the 30 Day Shred !! Woot woot ( or is that ouch ouch) . I just completed Day 1. I got my video from Chapters Book Store,(Canada) they had lots of JM videos, but i got the last 30 day shred. My HRM said I only burned 210 calories though...
    I will post pictures later.
    210 seems about right. My hrm said I burned only 112cal, I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't stapped on tighly or what, I'll know better tomorrow doing day 2
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Started on Saturday, did Day 2 of Level 1 today. Took Sunday off b/c of my shins as I'm also doing C25K as well. Looking forward to tomorrow, I know at some point this will get easier.

And yes, I've taken to muttering obscenities at Jillian.
  • ladrona
    ladrona Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm only on L1D7 but I cannot tell you guys how much easier it's gotten already. I practically needed a chair lift to get myself up and down stairs on day 3 when the soreness really set in but that faded by day 5 and now it's just a light, whoo-I-did-it kind of soreness. Plus, I've gone from a pitiful 5 (lady) pushups to both sets of 20 with only minimal grunting and cursing (....still lady pushups, and I am convinced my knees will never leave the ground). I'm not far enough along to preach about results but I'm really enjoying it and finding that it's pretty easy to stick to! Good luck everyone!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation this week and won't be home until the 27th,, so I'll be starting the shred after that. I've made a group that anyone is welcome to join--those of you who don't have the DVD or weights yet, order them now and join me for my first time!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4128-april-2012-30-day-shred-starts-march-30

Best wishes to everyone, and good work to those of your who've already started. I'm so proud of all of us!
  • lgcyfrms
    lgcyfrms Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in, been doing the shred for three weeks, I have back problems so I didn't hit this as hard and fast as I initially wanted. I get up and do 30DS M-F no way I'm doing this workout in front of my husband! I'm also hitting the gym for two hours a day. I started all this at the same time but I can honestly say its gotten easier and I totally see & feel a difference. Not to say that Jillian isn't grumbled at and been labeled the "devil woman!" :devil:
    I plan on keeping my morning pace with JM after the 30 day mark. I hope you all have great success and good luck! Feel free to add me as a shred buddy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!