3 net carb grilled cheese sandwhich!

Options

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I finally made this, and it was frickin' awesome! Thanks! I used two slices of swiss cheese, my fave!

8045399286_094a4e235e.jpg
    100_5253 by maremare312, on Flickr
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Ok I've tried it twice now, once with cheddar and once with 1 oz /30 g Stilton. Oh oh oh!! It's a favourite that I would do even if I wasn't low carbing! My slice is tiny though compared to the photos I'm seeing posted on here. I make it in a plastic takeaway box so it's slice shaped but by the time I then make it into a sandwich it looks like something you'd serve a toddler . Are you all making a double batch or something??
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Or maybe you're all very creative photographers! Either way I feel like I'm missing something!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh this looks so lovely, but I don't know where to get flax seed from! I'm from the UK so no walmart here.

Anyone know what the calorie content is?

EDIT: Just put all the ingredients into MFP with 30g of cheddar cheese and came out with 398 calories and 32 grams of fat!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ok I've tried it twice now, once with cheddar and once with 1 oz /30 g Stilton. Oh oh oh!! It's a favourite that I would do even if I wasn't low carbing! My slice is tiny though compared to the photos I'm seeing posted on here. I make it in a plastic takeaway box so it's slice shaped but by the time I then make it into a sandwich it looks like something you'd serve a toddler . Are you all making a double batch or something??

I don't know if you meant mine at all (pic right above your post) but I grabbed quite a large tupperware container to make mine. The bRead came out pretty thin, but large in surface area and I was still able to slice it and it didn't fall apart either. The container was maybe 6 x 6 inches? I don't know if that helps! The blue plate I have it on is a child's Ikea plate, I always use my nephew's plates! :) But not a double batch, just exactly what the recipe says.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i still havent gotten around to buying the flax to make this... im not even low carbing, but it looks so good.
  • fIuffy2fit
    fIuffy2fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iiriinka
    Options
    bump
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    For all you Aussies out there this rocks if you add vegemite!
  • tnladyvol
    tnladyvol Posts: 245
    Options
    bump
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yum :)

I'm having Grilled Cheese for dinner Thursday.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Is flax seed hard to find? I'm in a small town, and don't recall ever seeing it.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    it looks like burnt toast with those cheese slices u can buy on it
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    bump
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Cool. i wanna try this.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bumping:bigsmile: Thanx!:flowerforyou:
  • Angel1573
    Angel1573 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I definitely want to try this in the next few days. I've been having some serious grilled cheese cravings of late.
  • Sonnyrae
    Sonnyrae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like heaven on a fall day!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    it looks like burnt toast with those cheese slices u can buy on it

Thanks for your input, flaxmeal is dark so it's going to be dark.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    That looks like mold.

Then you might need to adjust your color settings because there isn't anything mold colored about it.