Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP. This is a dumb question, but what does the bump mean?
    Bumping is bumping the thread so it's in your "My Topics" and posts to your profile so you remember to go back to it.
    wow i had no idea ive been on here for 3 months! thanks!
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • annelieseo
    Options
    :smile:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I'm new and if I'm hearing you all correctly, I should not stick to the 1200 cals the MFP suggests? I have to admit, I am hungry but it's only been a week. I'm down a few pounds but I figured that was water etc which is pretty normal for me when I start a new program. Thoughts.
    My thoughts are I wish I had upped my calories instead of lowered them when 1540 didn't give me a steady loss of 1 pound a week. I have lost 30 pounds but have stalled out after a year of between 1340 and 1550 calories. I now am set at 1700 and am doing better than I was at the lower calories. I have seen 3-4 people on this thread that went up and did much better than I did. Just saying.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • mich1760
    mich1760 Posts: 34
    Options
    Bump. Thanks so much for the inspirational pics.:happy:
  • scarlet369
    scarlet369 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bumping! These are so amazing, after being a little sad that MFP recommended my fiancee eat almost 1500 calories more then me, I feel much better and more inspired from these pictures and stories!
  • ascott048
    ascott048 Posts: 61
    Options
    bump
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • aresbabe
    aresbabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so good! congrats on your success
  • vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump for later.
  • kweel78
    kweel78 Posts: 19
    Options
    Everyone looks AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures and tips!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm especially inspired by the strength training pics with the before and after pics-huge difference. Got to get my butt out of the apt gym with only cardio and to the rec center for strength training
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • amandabateman411
    Options
    I have a question.... When you lose all that weight do you have extra skin or does it tighten up? I have had 3 children and I am kinda worried bout what my stomach is gonna look like in a few months ha ha. But I guess it cant be worse than it is now!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I started back in July 2011 and MFP told me something like 1450/day. I lasted maybe a day and wanted to hit people. It was not good.

I did more research and learned that I needed to eat more...so I bumped it to 1750 and stayed there for awhile. This, of course, meant that I was eating upwards of 2000-2300/day since I would eat almost every dang exercise calorie I earned. :) And I loved every single "extra" calorie. HAHA.

To date, I have lost over 30 lbs. It's not the quickest way, but I feel good...and I feel like I can do this. I still eat out at restaurants every so often, but I definitely am more conscious of what I choose to eat - and how much.

I don't have a recent photo, but this is a before/mid/during photo (Oct 2010/November 2011/January 2012).

beforeafter.jpg

123111.jpg
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Here's my before and after pics. It took me 17 months to do this, and I did NOT starve myself, take any pills, or do anything else that people may think is a 'shortcut'.

BeforeAfter2_smaller.jpg

You look amazing!
  • mandyjoy12
    mandyjoy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome!
  • mandyjoy12
    mandyjoy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!