Options
    You look so much younger! Great job!
  • hglmin
    hglmin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Bump; i'm loving all the inspirational pics of everyone's weight loss success the healthy way....Congrats!!!
  • EpicRosie
    EpicRosie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump! I cant wait until I lose enough weight to have after pictures!
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread Gemi. So good to see that there are other people out there losing in a healthy and sustainable way!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Damn hormones, reading this thread and bawling my eyes out!

Mine is about halfway through. I currently eat 1600 calories, but have a number of very smart people trying to talk me into eating more. It's hella scary but I think I might need to take the plunge.

Before

9648316_5864.jpg

During

9648316_5328.jpg
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO ALL THAT POSTED SO FAR!!!

I will post mine tomorrow!!

As for the excess skin question...depends on multiple things: your genetics, how overweight you are(were), how long you have been overweight, and where you carry your extra weight. I have lost over 100lbs and am now 120lbs, yet will never be able to wear a bikini :) But you're right...it could be WAY worse!!
  • NewMeKP
    NewMeKP Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump

amazing job everyone!!
  • Wellsangel
    Wellsangel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Like most everyone, I started here at 1200 because I wanted the weight GONE as soon as possible. That lasted for about a month before I realized that wasn't a good game plan. For the majority of my weight loss, I ate between 1350-1500 plus exercise calories, so typically between 1800-2000 total calories a day. For exercise, I run and strength train. I recently had to increase my calories to over 1800 net because I was still losing on maintenance!

2010-2012.jpg

11pounds.jpg

But what I find more amazing is that last time I tried to lose weight, and ate under 1000 calories a day, I looked a LOT different at my "goal weight."

fantastic pics a real inspiration you look fanastic especially after the weights, you look great here!

five-years-later.jpg
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I could really use seeing some before and afters of people who DID NOT lose the weight by starving themselves or eating below their BMR. Guys or girls or other- doesn't matter.

I know I'm doing the right thing by fueling myself, just having a rough week and could use the inspiration. :) Perhaps having a dedicated 'no starvation' thread would help others to find it too. I did a search but didn't find a thread where the before/afters were of people exclusively eating above BMR. If there is one- please link me to it. I'll take all the inspiration I can get.

No offense if you lost weight by severely restricting your cal intake- but that's not the way I want to go and seeing as I'm looking for inspiration for me (and others who don't want to do VLCD's)- those stories simply won't be helpful.

Anyone got some pics?

My progress is all eating above BMR. Check out my pics.
  • WalkingFlower
    WalkingFlower Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, great results. Congratulations and many thanks to all of you for motivation!.
  • Megandarae
    Megandarae Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ed! Amazing accomplishment - you look fantastic!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm only part way there but have lost 49lbs in 9 months...take a look at my profile pics.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :drinker:
  • Valentinakj2011
    Valentinakj2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Before (365 pounds/165 kilograms):

picture4464.jpg

During (270 pounds/120 kilograms):

DSC01138-2-1.jpg

After (198 pounds/89.5 kilograms):

DSC02221-1.jpg

60-ish pounds left to gooo!
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My pics are here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/roseymacdoo/view/photos-one-year-in-157102

Still work in progress, but 87lbs down and I rarely eat less than 1300 net (I usually go over a touch) and I *always* eat back any exercise cals

Really need to get toning now though...... other pics in this thread have totally inspired me!

Rosey x
  • rakeshberi
    rakeshberi Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump!!

Fantastic motivating posts here.
    Well done all!
  • starblazing
    starblazing Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kellelizabeth
    Kellelizabeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is SO INSPIRATIONAL!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!