Replies

• tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread and at such a great time for me. Thank you all that posted your pictures while eating above their BMR or at least once you realized it works for you. I read a few stories that was the road I should have taken but am grateful to be learning more about this recently. I just did a blog on my last year and a half of slow frustrating weight loss and plateau that I couldn't get out of as a cautionary tale as such. I didn't think I would ever get where I had slowed my metabolism since I only wanted to lose slowly and never set my goal lower than 1.5 pound loss and ate my exercise calories but it did and now I know why. When I started I was already exercising alot as my first attempt to lose which wasn't working well. MFP put me at 1540 pounds to lose 1 pound a week. Unlike some here who upped their calories when I didn't lose I upped exercise and lowered calories. I stalled everytime I upped exercise even eating my exercise calories. Others who had never exercised much and weren't exercising much were losing right and left on the same calories or eating under 1200 which I didn't ever want to do. I have lost 30+ pounds, lots of inches and lowered my bodyfat percentage but it has been slow and grueling and I totally stalled out basically for the last half year and everytime I increased my exercise but now am thrilled to find out the problem was I wasn't eating enough. Since late February I have been eating above my BMR so thanks for the nice encouragement it gives me. Many weight loss calculators suggest interim goals to make sure that you don't go below your BMR. This is good advice to follow.

One nice thing about losing slowly with lots of exercise - so far no loose skin, however I have more pounds to go.
  • Cath138
    Cath138 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First off, everyone looks amazing!!!! You guys are all gorgeous!!!!

I have lost 187 lbs without starving myself! I eat all day long! Heck, sometimes I feel like I am constantly eating! Here are some pics of me:

At the very beginning, 420 lbs:
    beforepic.jpg

And here I am at 244 lbs, I've lost 11 since this pic:
    IMG_0744.jpg
    OMG! You look amazing! good job and keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • rsbrace
    rsbrace Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • min_lyn
    min_lyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    And I've done this the right way too!!! Started with what MFP gave me...and UPPED my cals into maintenance :)

friends274-1.jpg

resizing...give it un momento :)
  • DeeMac71
    DeeMac71 Posts: 10
    Options
    Here ya go! I have been working on my fitness for nearly four years. It takes TIME to do it the right way, but it will stay off! In March 2008 (pic on the left), I weighed 248 pounds. In August 2011(pic on the right), I weighed 180. I have lost another 10 pounds since then :)
  • DeeMac71
    DeeMac71 Posts: 10
    Options
    Here ya go! I have been working on my fitness for nearly four years. It takes TIME to do it the right way, but it will stay off! In March 2008 (pic on the left), I weighed 248 pounds. In August 2011(pic on the right), I weighed 180. I have lost another 10 pounds since then :)

beforeafterv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • deekaydee
    deekaydee Posts: 158 Member
    Options

beforeafterv.jpg

Here I fixed it for you, you have to change the "IMG" to "img" :smile:
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am blown away by everyone's success. I wish I was doing as well. But what I am blown away by more than anything, is that no one appears to have much extra skin!!! I lost 162 lbs my first go around, which was down to 136, and I wouldn't have been caught dead with a tank top on. I have too much extra skin!!! How did you all keep your skin off?!?!

But congrats to all of you!!!! You look incredible!!!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I lost 81 pounds and went from a size 16 to a size 2 over a period of 14 months. I have been maintaining since November. I had my calories set at 1200 but always ate the majority of my exercise calories so I was eating around 1900-2100 calories per day and lifting heavy.

Before

053.jpg

After

387224_10150424195518441_724653440_8529699_1755709514_n.jpg
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great!
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look remarkable ! Your living proof we can accomplish anything we want with the motivation, determination and the desire to live a long and healthy life stye. CONGRATULATIONS ! Thanx for sharing. :smile:
  • spatterson72
    Options
    Dude! You are amazing!
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Eloise_mackenzie
    Eloise_mackenzie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/432013_370731762961096_1781974184_n.jpg

I don't know if this will work- but left picture was September 2011. Middle picture was January 2012. And right picture was 7 weeks after the middle picture was taken.

6 meals a day, no shortcuts, weight training and just started cardio.
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First off, everyone looks amazing!!!! You guys are all gorgeous!!!!

I have lost 187 lbs without starving myself! I eat all day long! Heck, sometimes I feel like I am constantly eating! Here are some pics of me:

At the very beginning, 420 lbs:
    beforepic.jpg

And here I am at 244 lbs, I've lost 11 since this pic:
    IMG_0744.jpg

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!