Need to loss 28 pounds in 6 weeks.... Meal Ideas Needed!

Options
I have a hen do in Spain in 6 weeks time and want to lose 28 pounds (2 stone) before I go!! I am sick of eating chicken salad for breakfast lunch and dinner in order to get dramatic results!

Does anyone have any other ideas what else I could eat that is very low in fat????

x

Replies

• trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Do you like spicey food? Shellfish?
  • louisewooding
    Options
    "Here we go again" - I've never tried that! Perhaps you could give me the recipe?:tongue:
  • louisewooding
    Options
    Do you like spicey food? Shellfish?

I like food with a bit of a kick but not hot that it burns my mouth!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    focus on eating healthy to fuel your body. You probably wont lose 23lbs in 6 weeks, but i suppose its possible.
    The point is, there is no magic secret. Eat well, exercise, and take care of yourself. You will lose the extra pounds at a slower, healthy rate..

Enjoy your trip to spain!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you have 100+ pounds to lose all together, you could probably lose 28 pounds in six weeks, but if all you have to lose is 28 pounds altogether, pretty much the only way you're going to lose over 4 pounds a week is by not eating at all. I myself prefer to eat, so good luck with that :)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Tell us more about this Chicken Salad Diet, please...
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    WOW....everyone has something up their butt huh? People loose a few pounds and become *****es I guess! Amy, I hope you get the answer that fits your lifestyle. GOODLUCK!
  • louisewooding
    Options
    focus on eating healthy to fuel your body. You probably wont lose 23lbs in 6 weeks, but i suppose its possible.
    The point is, there is no magic secret. Eat well, exercise, and take care of yourself. You will lose the extra pounds at a slower, healthy rate..

Enjoy your trip to spain!

Thanks AmyLRed

x
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You may not lose 28lbs but you can always try replacing a meal with a shake?
  • louisewooding
    Options
    If you have 100+ pounds to lose all together, you could probably lose 28 pounds in six weeks, but if all you have to lose is 28 pounds altogether, pretty much the only way you're going to lose over 4 pounds a week is by not eating at all. I myself prefer to eat, so good luck with that :)

Thanks tabi26 - I do have more to loss but i would be happy with just the 28 pounds before the hen do - little steps and all that!! x
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    28lbs in 6 weeks. I think you need to rethink this goal.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Stick to lean proteins and all vegetables (no fruits). Drink plenty of water. Exercise like a fiend. Even then, you may not be able to make it. Make sure you eat at least 1000 calories a day. High fiber, high protein. Salad with chicken, salad with lean pork, salad with shrimp, etc. Mix it up a little with some cinnamon oatmeal made with skim milk. Stir-fry with limited oil. Most of the salad veggies also go well in stir fry, but as a warm meal instead of cold.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    That's 4lbs per week. Not going to happen, at least not in a healthy manner.

Start by setting some more realistic goals.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    To lose 28 pounds in 6 weeks, you'll need a time turner and to have started about 22 weeks ago.

28 pounds in 6 months is a much more realistic goal.
  • Bennie1975
    Options
    Hi, have you tried the Atkins program.. My friend wanted to lose 80 pounds and she tried the Atkins..She lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks with the Induction phase and she remained on this phase for a month for a total of 25 pounds lost.. Visit their website and read about the induction phase. I plan to start this program next week. Good Luck!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Eat 1200 cal low carb.

Do 45 - 60 min of pretty intense cardio everyday.

After a 3 or 4 days you should be able to start burning muscle to provide the glucose needed for that cardio.

Since muscle only has 600 cal worth of energy to make about 500 cal of glucose, you'll be able to lose pounds pretty good.
    You'll still burn fat, but since fat has 3500 cal per lb, takes a lot longer to lose that.

Since muscle also holds the largest part of glucose stores, by burning that muscle off, even less glucose available in case you binge or skip a workout, so this should accelerate the weight/muscle loss as you get closer.

You'll be nice and thin and flabby in the end!
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

I eat so much cat food that I'm starting to think like a cat

I HAVE!! My next door neighbor has a fat $!@ cat!!!!!!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

Yes my cat is a fatty..lol
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Many, actually. And to think each one of them ate six small meals a day.
  • Ciers
    Ciers Posts: 5
    Options
    drink lot of water and eat bake fish with green veg's.