Need to loss 28 pounds in 6 weeks.... Meal Ideas Needed!

Options

Replies

• JaimeBrown5
    JaimeBrown5 Posts: 324
    Options
    What I like most about this question is that it's almost 30 pounds in 6 weeks... did you just find out the date? Or was this perhaps announced months ago when 28 pounds was a reasonable goal and you just sat on your butt and didn't worry about it then?

See what happens when we procrastinate on our goals? We have to eat cat food.
  • blackberrysmom
    Options
    I don't know if this is good for your body or not. You don't want to be sick and tired in Spain. You have to do it all. Eat right, exercise, get good rest, and have a positive mental attitude. It seems as if you know all that. Good Luck on whatever you decide!!
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! Alot of these people apparently have their heads crammed so far up their butts they cant think straight! I have lost 31lbs in 8wks....if you would like some of my suggestions just msg me. All together i am wanting to lose 40ish lbs.

We don`t have our heads crammed up our *kitten* we`re just trying to tell her to not become anorexic...I think I speak for the majority of people here that we are not only trying to lose weight for vanity purposes we`re here to be healthy. I think your the one who needs to wake up a bit... maybe even get checked by a doctor because with the foods your eating you are definately not getting anywhere`s near all of your nutrients you need per day to fuel your body to avoid health issues in the future. I viewed your diary and yeah your losing weight but your not doing it in a healthy way... your starving yourself and setting yourself up for major failure and dissapointment in the future! More at risk for diabetes, kidney and liver failure, eye and heart issue. Not only `fat`people get those issues people who don`t get all their nutrients too....
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! Alot of these people apparently have their heads crammed so far up their butts they cant think straight! I have lost 31lbs in 8wks....if you would like some of my suggestions just msg me. All together i am wanting to lose 40ish lbs.

And looking at your food diary it is clear how.
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

http://www.4029tv.com/video/30626562/detail.html

Yes, Yes I have
  • peanutjrj
    Options
    Have you tried 3oz tuna, half chopped apple, chopped celery, lemon juice to taste and a tablespoon low fat mayo? Filling and very tasty if you like tuna!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would try to lose 6-12 lbs, and relax
    Nobody here will notice that you have 10 or even 20 spare lbs
    I promiss :)
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    this sounds like a recipe for your body going into starvation mode and you won't be able to lose the weight you want after. a healthy weight loss is .5-2 pounds per week. If you are doign that and eating all the nutrients your body needs then I would be happy. if this hen-do ( i have no idea what that is!!!) was so critical to lose weight...you should have started sooner. You will deprive your body of the nutrients it needs and lose lean muscle mass if you lose that quick. it is purely unhealthy and chances are you will feel so deprived that you will binge after and gain it all back. stop looking for a quick fix and make it a full time lifesytle change that you can keep up your whole life. you didn't gain the weight overnight so don't expect to lose it overnight.
  • amyparrish9
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

umm.... yes i have.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    See what happens when we procrastinate on our goals? We have to eat cat food.

:laugh:
  • ChubzMcGee
    Options
    Try Juicing.

Watch the movie, Fat, Sick, and nearly dead.

Just IMDB'd this - never heard of it before but I am going to watch this now, it looks interesting. :)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Ok I normally do not post comments on questions like this but its more of a comment for the people that keep saying that it is acheivable and they have done it. Obviously you people are losing weight for the wrong reason because you are starving yourselves ( I know this because I have looked at your calorie intake for the days and you are not even getting in 1000 calories a day most days!) To be serious about changing your body and acheiving healthy weight loss you need to eat your calories a day plus your exercise calories according to my doctor and dietiacian. Any weight loss over 1.5 pounds a week will only back fire on you and it is not sustainable. So for you people out there giving advice on how to wreck your metabolism and screw up your body rethink what your saying and do some research. Im sorry I have seem it over and over it wont work in a healthy way. As for all of us having our heads in our backsides? We are just trying to keep a big mistake from happening. Good Luck.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    PSMF, protein sparing modified fast...basically atkins, basically meat and greens, meat and greens...etc., go as low carb as possible and try to stay in ketosis...no big exercise but some light cardio of about 400 calories brisk walking or elliptical, etc. And drink about gallon of pure water a day. Some portion of your weight loss will be temporary. DO NOT eat low fat. Keep your fats up even if it's fatty meats, but you'd rather get it from fish, fish oil, avocados, things of that nature. This is mandatory. This an extreme approach and some of your weight loss will be temporary. On day 21 you'd do a carb load where it will be mandatory that you eat a high carb diet for at least one day, it should be uncomfortable. I will private message you.
  • ChubzMcGee
    Options
    this sounds like a recipe for your body going into starvation mode and you won't be able to lose the weight you want after. a healthy weight loss is .5-2 pounds per week. If you are doign that and eating all the nutrients your body needs then I would be happy. if this hen-do ( i have no idea what that is!!!) was so critical to lose weight...you should have started sooner. You will deprive your body of the nutrients it needs and lose lean muscle mass if you lose that quick. it is purely unhealthy and chances are you will feel so deprived that you will binge after and gain it all back. stop looking for a quick fix and make it a full time lifesytle change that you can keep up your whole life. you didn't gain the weight overnight so don't expect to lose it overnight.

FYI a hen-do is a batcholorette party in the UK :)
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Anger is often generated by unfulfilled expectations.

As it has been said, if you want to lose weight in a manner that will keep it off this may be unrealistic.

The first comment on this post was due to the fact that so many people want a miracle pill or an easy way or want to fit into a dress in xxx weeks. If your only care is temporary weight loss, you probably won't find much real support here. If you want to lose weight in an unsafe or unhealthy manner, you probably won't find a lot of support here.

The culture here, and why I like it here, for the most part is life change to be healthy which is reflected outwardly by weight loss and muscle gain. You can't hide healthy.
  • trmecham
    trmecham Posts: 53
    Options
    I have an obese cat. He's a Maine Coon Cat and weighs almost 30 lbs and all he ever eats is very expensive, organic cat food. (Sigh) I just don't think the cat food diet will work. But good luck!
  • ChubzMcGee
    Options

umm.... yes i have.

I saw a photo of one in my vets, warning people not to give their cats human food!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I would say fill up on as many veggies as you can first before eating anything else, I lost 15 pounds in one month doing that.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    4 Pounds A Week??? -=Shakes Head=- Unless you have A LOT to loose, I dont see this as being very possible while eating a balanced diet.

Maybe stick to something more maintainable like 2 lbs a week. That is healthy, a huge success within itself, and much easier to pull off (even though I cant even do that haha).

As for low fat meals:
    Tilapia and Salmon (Salmon is technically high in fat, but incredibly good for you)
    LOTS O STEAMED VEGGIES
    Brown Rice
    Wheat Pasta
    Spinach Salads
    You're shaking your head, and I'm shaking mine wondering why you'd even mention the term "low fat" in this thread!