Need to loss 28 pounds in 6 weeks.... Meal Ideas Needed!

Options

Replies

• sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    IF someone is part of my group(you know who you are) and recommends the program. You will be removed from the group.

...welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do NOT talk about Fight Club.

original.jpg
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    IF someone is part of my group(you know who you are) and recommends the program. You will be removed from the group.

The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.

ETA: damn the person above me posted at the exact same time, lame :)
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Set realistic goals -- otherwise you set yourself up to loose.
    I would recommend the DUKAN DIET
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just so you know - fat in foods doesnt directly equal fat on your body. You need to eat fat for your cells to repair and for you to have shiny hair and nails, and to feel fuller. So instead of focusing on what is low fat - concentrate on what has nutrition, high in protein and generally lower in calories.

Dinners such as salmon, chicken breast and grilled lean meats with vegetables - (sweet potato mash, butternut squash and greens are good - and my favourites)

The best 'diet' will always be the one which you can stick to for the longest.

Your expectations are unrealistic, you will lose weight but not at that rate so don't set yourself up for dissapointment as that yo-yo dieting will be horrible for your body.
  • rmbslo
    rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would say to workout and burn at least 600-700 calories a day and only eat 1200 calories. The key it to exercise and burn as many calories as possible. The thing about quick weight loss is it's a quick fix then you go back to reality. You have to eat to be healthy so I would burn the calories you eat!!! Good luck
  • Baylormale
    Baylormale Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. High in protien and high in amino acids
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi, have you tried the Atkins program.. My friend wanted to lose 80 pounds and she tried the Atkins..She lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks with the Induction phase and she remained on this phase for a month for a total of 25 pounds lost.. Visit their website and read about the induction phase. I plan to start this program next week. Good Luck!!

You will gain it right back after you stop the diet..you need to change your lifestyle..eat healthy...trust me these shakes are great for breakfast but not for your entire meal plan!
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ETA: damn the person above me posted at the exact same time, lame :)

Sry, it was too hard to resist. :-)
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    that was all so interesting lol

Eat healthy: Fruit, vegetables, high fiber, low fat/no fat yogurt, egg whites, low calorie bread/or no bread, try some chia seeds they fill you up and high in fiber www.getchia.com, high fiber cereal, limit fats and sugar, look up healthy meals there are so many recipes and ideas on the web.

:drinker: Good luck and enjoy Spain!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

Sensible suggestions please!

Sensible questions please!

I think there are a lot of obese *kitten*. *kitten* will eat a lot, and then go out and kill additional food. If you are interested, try the paleo diet. I think that one involves going out and killing your own game. That way you will get a work out and nutrients.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    IDK about 28lbs in six weeks, but you could lose about 15-20lbs with Atkins in that time frame. Look into it.
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    12 Lbs in this same time period is realistic, if and only if you're honest and consistent with using MFP and that you exercise each and every day. Eat your exercise calories and you can safely and happily lose 12 in 6. Any other way or any other (greater amount), will come at significant cost to your health, demeanor and energy levels. You want 'weight mastery' to be permanent and there are no quick fixes.

And the beauty of MFP is that you don't need to busy yourself with this or that recipe, you just eat and log the calories. Avoid the sand traps of non-chain restaurant or other prepared food that hides or masks what you're eating, as that will nullify MFP's effectiveness.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    In order to lose 28 lbs in 6 weeks you need to have a calorie deficit of 2330 EVERY day. That means that you can either eat 1200 calories and then burn 3530 ( running for approx 6 hours straight) or eat nothing and burn 2330 (running for approx. 4 hours).

Do you think you goal is realistic?
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    There's some great advice above my post on sensible things to eat which will keep you healthy and ensure that you start losing weight...
    The thing is, if you do go on some sort of starvation regime and then go to Spain for a hen do, you'll a) probably eat loads because you feel you've earned it, and be back at square one, and b) if you haven't had a drink for 6 weeks you'll probably pass out after two or three!
    Sensible eating, more exercise, esp cardio, and you may find you lose inches rather than pounds so you look slimmer even though the scales may not move as fast as you want them to. I've lost a fair bit of weight but it's taken around 15 months.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the "club" that you can get banned from for posting...
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    In order to lose 28 lbs in 6 weeks you need to have a calorie deficit of 2330 EVERY day. That means that you can either eat 1200 calories and then burn 3530 ( running for approx 6 hours straight) or eat nothing and burn 2330 (running for approx. 4 hours).

Do you think you goal is realistic?

Math is awesome!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You won't gain it back if you do it correctly. You have to follow the phases. If you just try phase one and stop, you haven't learned how to consume the amount of carbs for your body. I did Atkins and lost 43lbs. Been off for the last five or six months or so. I am now counting calories to switch things up a bit.
    Hi, have you tried the Atkins program.. My friend wanted to lose 80 pounds and she tried the Atkins..She lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks with the Induction phase and she remained on this phase for a month for a total of 25 pounds lost.. Visit their website and read about the induction phase. I plan to start this program next week. Good Luck!!

You will gain it right back after you stop the diet..you need to change your lifestyle..eat healthy...trust me these shakes are great for breakfast but not for your entire meal plan!
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    IDK about 28lbs in six weeks, but you could lose about 15-20lbs with Atkins in that time frame. Look into it.

Atkins is a nightmare, waiting to put more Lbs back on your frame, while your liver struggles to respond to the overload in fat and protein. The Atkins founder is no longer with us. Enough said.

Friends don't let friends do Atkins. Friends promote MFP to those who are committed to weight mastery. Commitment is key. Realism is key.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    okay here's the thing. You need to eat cat food, and ONLY cat food for the next 6 weeks. Seriously, have you ever seen an obese cat?

Thanks for the laugh! The only fat cat is a cat who eats off a human plate!

Not true. I've seen my fair share of fat cats that only eat cat food.

To answer the OP: 28 lbs in 6 weeks isn't the most realistic goal and probably not that healthy, either. However, you've seen that posted enough already. That said, I've seen it done.

I did this as did friends of mine by following phase 1 of the South beach diet. Understand, if you do this you must emphasize vegetables tremendously and there's no guarantee. If you decide to try it please read the book thoroughly, don't skip to the diet. I'd highly recommend you ask a nutritionist and your doctor before trying it as it can have health implications if you have other things going on in your life.

Please be safe and good luck.

-Jenna
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    Interesting thread...