How Many Pullups can you do?

Options

Replies

• BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mr. Blutarski...... zero... point....zero

How interesting. I have a husband named Dean Wormer at Faber.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    ... none. :grumble:
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    ZERO! Elbow injury makes them impossible. Used to be able to do about 10-12 over hand. Did not do the others.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    female/ 32 /137 /3 / never tried an overhand pull up, i've only done chin ups... i'll try to do "1" when i get home today!!

i went home & tried it out & i did ONE overhand pull up!! yay me :drinker: so now that makes my stats:

female/ 32/ 137/ 3/ 1
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    1 LMAO:laugh:
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    F/32/133/3/1

I had to test out the underhand because I normally just try to add to my 1 overhand. :happy:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    around 12 with 25lbs weight hanging
    8 with 35lbs
    20 with nothing
    oh these are wide grip pull ups, never done regular ones
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    my weight is 185

wide grip

body weight only 10 / 5 / 5
    just tried adding weight last week. With a 25 lb plate tied on I can do 3 :( but it was after my normal 3 sets.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've been focusing on these for the past few months and can now do:

8 dead hang chin-ups (palms facing me) 2 sets with 2 minutes break between sets
    4 dead hang pull-ups with palms facing away from me.

Hoping to get to 6 pull ups by summer!

I weigh 152 lbs and am 5'10" but my arm span is 6'1" which I think makes pull-ups harder (this is what I tell myself, anyway).:wink:
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    F/ 31/ 125/ 10/ 5

Working to increase overhand to 10 in the next 9 weeks
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am 42, 6"1 + and weigh 205 lbs. I do 4 sets of wide grip pullups and then 4 sets of close grip pull ups on back day.
    I spent about 9 months doing lat pull downs, ( 4 sets of wide grip and 4 sets of close grip) decided to switch to pullups and was shocked that I could only do about 6!
    I started using a chair at home and the pullup assist machine at the gym. And in just 3 months im ready to start doing weighted pullups. So dont be to proud to use a chair or the assist machine to increase the amount of pullups you can do because you will be losing the chair and assist machine in no time.
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    M / 34 / 190 / not sure - but more than overhand / about 8?
    Usually do three sets of seven (overhand), with one set being "choke and slide" or some other weird variation :smile: Never tried to just go to total failure and only do one set, will have to try it one day...
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Zero. I am doing negative chinups now though, near the end of NROLFW.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Sex/ Age /Wieght / Number of Underhand pullups U can do/ number of overhand pullups U can do

F / 24/ 137 / 2 / 0

Not much :grumble:
    But not really something I am trying to work on either.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    one arm chins, 3 per arm holding wrist with opposite hand, palms facing me

I am going to try these this week. I will be thrilled if I can get 1.

Not trying to belittle anyone for trying these, but they are marginally, if at all harder than regular pullups. At least that's what I read one day; tried it, and was pleasantly surprised that it was true. Now a straight 1-armed pullup or chinup... THAT'S hard. I would love to be able to do 1 of those.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    M/43/220/2/0
    A couple of weeks ago, it was 0 underhand, so I'm (slowly) building up. Hopefully as the weight goes down and the strength goes up, so will the number of reps.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    ZEROOOOOO!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    For most of my life the answer would have been a nice, no questions asked 0.

But since I've started strength training I can do 3 sets of 3 not-so-pretty pullups. And I'm proud of that.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Long Answer
    Sex/ Age /Wieght / Number of Underhand pullups U can do/ number of overhand pullups U can do

M / 48 / 189 / 10 underhand / 8 overhand wide

I recently completed P90X. On "Legs & Back" day last week the routine alternates between some form of max rep pull-ups and leg exercises. My total pull-ups in one hour was 67.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Enough to climb trees. :smile:

It's easier (for me) than getting the big old sliding ladder out from under the house.
    THAT takes skill. Strength. Something..

*and spider killing abilities that I do not possess.