attraction

Options
felice03
felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
the age old good vs evil....bad boy vs nice guy...do nice guys (or girls) really finish last?

I will admit I fall for the bad boy everytime...I need the fight and opposition. why is that??

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love me some nerds! I fall for the bad guy every.single.time. also. I always want to fix them, or don't know they are "bad boys" until it's over and done with
  • Indy_Mario
    Indy_Mario Posts: 541
    Options
    This is so frustrating, specially when you're the "nice" boy and can't do nothing about it...
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    For me (long ago when I was single), the attraction was the challenge that I could somehow fix them. It's utter BS, and was a huge waste of my time. I've been with my nice guy for 18 & 1/2 years now.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I like the nice guys!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... bad boys are way too much work... and I'm too lazy to fix them either... I love my ornery piece of work, that is a combination of Leonard and Howard from the Big Bang theory... mixed in with a bit of a grease monkey... without all the pain of dealing with a bad boy.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I usually fall for the bad boys... after years of this and let downs and heartache, I gave a nice guy a try. Lasted about 9 months but there was alot missing. Just couldnt stay interested. Soooo I found an inbetween guy. Let the good times roll! We have our bad time but mostly have good ones!
  • felice03
    Options
    yes angie, I need an inbetweener lol....someone who wont let me walk all over them but isn't a douche....where can I pick one of those up????
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    yes angie, I need an inbetweener lol....someone who wont let me walk all over them but isn't a douche....where can I pick one of those up????

That's pretty much what I have. I met him at work. We will be married for 2 years in April! ;)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Bad boys bring too much drama. I'm not willing to deal with it.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

I fount mine at the BAR! hahahaha!

(actually he was a friend of mines friend, we got introduced at the bar one night)
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    Always the good guy!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are usually more confident, women like confidence.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    My theory...

Many women desire in a relationship to feel protected,feminine even "girly".
    The so called bad boy (who is really a jerk) fits that attraction.
    Even though in their mind they say they want a decent person the lure for one acting like the king of the hill is too much.

Eventually they discover,sometimes way too late,that an *kitten* is and will always be an *kitten*.
    If you have to use the word "but" to describe a guy (He is often a jerk BUT is sweet to me) then you have an issue.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky and quite shy.
    Jerks are typically more outgoing and will walk up to you and hit on you.
    Nice guys just don't do that, and I don't like doing the approaching.

So normally, I just assume that the nice guys that I like aren't interested in me.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

This is what I need!
  • felice03
    Options
    ok, backstory time...gone out with a guy a couple times...super nice, I don't think he could argue with someone to save his life, agrees with everything I say...drives me INSANE!!!! I would be so bored staying with him...does the "bad boy element" add a spark to the realtionship, i think it does.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I thought I fell for a good church boy (my ex husband) and instead got a bad boy (serial cheater).

I just want a damn medium!
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a hybrid of those definitions , I have my moments of both
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I used to date a lot of bad boys. I loved them, but they hurt me. A lot. Well, duh. They're bad boys. After a while, it loses its appeal. For me, I liked their confidence. Unfortunately, I found it wasn't as much confidence as false bravado...

I'm with a nice guy now. The two guys I dated before him were nice guys. I love nice guys!!!!!!!! Nice guys give you hugs, tell you they love you, bring you flowers, think of you before themselves, and actually make an effort to see you smile. In short, a nice guy is the person you wished so hard that your bad boy exs would have been.

Oh, and nice DOES NOT equal boring. Nice guys will surprise you.

Always, always, ALWAYS go for the nice guys. :smooched:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between confident and cocky. Confidence is sexy and has nothing to do with being a 'bad boy'. Cockiness is UGLY.