attraction

Options

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are usually more confident, women like confidence.

This is exactly it.

Yup. Confidence is intoxicatingly sexy, and it's not taught well anymore. I don't know if it's just our culture of irresponsibility or that men are afraid of being labeled "sexist" or what, but it sucks being 30 and single when you have no interest in a fratboy/manchild-- that pretty much leaves no one. I don't want to be disrespected, but I also don't want to constantly wish he'd grow a set.

(I mostly have a problem meeting men like this who are single.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Nice guys finish last because they wait for their woman to come! =P
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

WINNER!!!!!!!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

double entendre!
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    such an interesting thread....
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    For me it's not the bad boy or the nice guy.
    It's the nerd. <3
    Seriously, quote Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica and I'm yours. Oh, wait, a boy already did, and I'm his. xD
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What's not to like?

I personally go for the "rough around the edges" type. I'm going to clarify what that means because I don't mean "unrefined."

Like sharp, off the wall, cutting and cunning-- just brilliantly so.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    mine is the bad boy type too! my ex husband was i guess you can say "bad boy" to a point but he was also a F-tard too. so after 13yrs of him not changing to not be such a F-tard i had to call it quits...but i found me another "bad boy" but one that has his crap together and that i guess you can call a inbetweener!!! so i got my bad boy teddy bear :blushing: :heart:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    NICE GUYS!

I hate "bad boys"

My boyfriend does wrestling/boxing/hunting etc so he's manly, but also very sweet and nice :smooched: He makes me feel cherished and I can trust that he won't hurt me and I don't have to wonder what he is feeling or thinking because he tells/shows me, even though I sometimes have difficulty expressing my love. Actually, I am really lucky to have him :ohwell: My wonderful nice boy :heart:
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Its not about bad boys vs nice guys its confidence vs no confidence...

...just so happens "bad boys" usually have more confidence (sad days)
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I went for the nice guy! Together for 9yrs, married for 7 with two handsome boys :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I like bad guys with a heart :love:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Had this discussion with my husband, he said that he use to be a very nice guy, (he is now to me haha) but a girl he tried to go out with wouldn't give him the time of day, and he asked her why, and she told him "You are to nice." from then he started to be a jerk. I was attracted to his jerkyness lol. (is that a word?) Well we got married, and I got older, and told him that I'm no longer that girl he dated, and we were married and he had me so he could lose the bad boy attitude. Now he is a a nice guy, and I am more attracted to that now. He spoils me and wears me on his arm like the purest of gold.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I don't care if they are good or bad. As long as they pay me attention, can't keep their hands off me and want to be around me, that's all I want. Good or bad, doesn't matter - both can be fun.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When we are NOT ready to settle, we go for the bad boy (he is for fun). When we ARE ready to settle, we go for the good guy (he is to keep). All my ex-boyfriends are bad, my soon-to-be husband is the best guy I have ever known.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between confident and cocky. Confidence is sexy and has nothing to do with being a 'bad boy'. Cockiness is UGLY.

Glad I'm not the only person that thinks this lol
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    pssht im so a bad *kitten*...i wair my cap..get this...backwards! I know, i wouldnt f"ck with me either :smokin:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    eff dating and attraction. Too many rules and mini-games to go through.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I married an amazingly wonderful guy who is an amazing father to my kids. I cannot explain to the full extent how safe I feel when I am with him. I know he will never cheat or betray me. That security when creating a family is priceless. I fall more and more in love with him every day and we have been married 10 years now. So, bad boys are not worth it in the long run, but good guys definitely are!!!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Had this discussion with my husband, he said that he use to be a very nice guy, (he is now to me haha) but a girl he tried to go out with wouldn't give him the time of day, and he asked her why, and she told him "You are to nice." from then he started to be a jerk. I was attracted to his jerkyness lol. (is that a word?) Well we got married, and I got older, and told him that I'm no longer that girl he dated, and we were married and he had me so he could lose the bad boy attitude. Now he is a a nice guy, and I am more attracted to that now. He spoils me and wears me on his arm like the purest of gold.

From my own experience this is relatively true. The more of an *kitten* that I am, the more female attention that I get. The nicer I am, the less attention I get. I have been yelled at for opening a door for someone ("I can do that myself") and told that chivalry is an outdated and lame concept by someone else.

It's more of a game of social chutes and ladders now.