• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I like them drama-free. :)

And not super skinny. Eek.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say nice girls or guys FINISH last. I would say we start out that way, but with time and maturity, most of us finally come to realize that the commitment phobes and emotional trainwrecks are no good for us.

For the record, my definition of a "nice guy" isn't one who is meek and timid and boring and lets women get away with treating him like garbage. To me, a "nice guy" (I actually prefer the term "good man") is one who is honest, has a solid work ethic, respects himself, and treats others the way he expects to be treated.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    ok, backstory time...gone out with a guy a couple times...super nice, I don't think he could argue with someone to save his life, agrees with everything I say...drives me INSANE!!!! I would be so bored staying with him...does the "bad boy element" add a spark to the realtionship, i think it does.

Get rid of your concept that a nice guy is someone who has no convictions,that is not a nice guy that is either someone that thinks they have to suck up for you to like them or a doormat by nature in every matter.

Look for a guy that is polite,courteous,caring,responsible,intelligent and so on and that is the nice person or whatever name someone wants to call it.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For the record, my definition of a "nice guy" isn't one who is meek and timid and boring and lets women get away with treating him like garbage. To me, a "nice guy" (I actually prefer the term "good man") is one who is honest, has a solid work ethic, respects himself, and treats others the way he expects to be treated.

THIS!!!!! x infinity. Well said.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I like a nice guy who knows when it is time to be "bad". :devil:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Young girls date bad boys because it's exciting, dramatic and (unfortunately), there seems to be nothing sexier than someone who is treating you like *kitten* or who ignores you.

That is, until you SERIOUSLY get sick of it and learn that it's not fun. Then you date the nice guys, settle down and get married. :)

Honestly, I think dating jerks and a*holes is just an unconscious way of saying you're not ready to be really serious about someone. You unconsciously sabotage yourself or pick people you know it won't work out with. But who knows. I may be totally full of it.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Grey area.

There's nearly always a grey area.

As long as a man doesn't remind me of a doormat, child, or puppy, I have no problem with him being nice.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

lol...THIS.IS.WHAT.I.NEED!

I agree that maybe this current guy is more of the doormat type and maybe that is it...I am lumping "nice guy" and "pushover" into the same category.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    ok, backstory time...gone out with a guy a couple times...super nice, I don't think he could argue with someone to save his life, agrees with everything I say...drives me INSANE!!!! I would be so bored staying with him...does the "bad boy element" add a spark to the realtionship, i think it does.

Is this the farmer?
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I suppose I would consider myself a 'nice guy'. Could that be one of the reasons why I've always been single? Never really thought about the bad vs good guy thing too deeply.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I got myself a REAL MAN!!!! love him to bits.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Can't be too good....boring! :yawn:

I love the bad boy image :love: ...a little bit of a rebel maybe, but he has to have a good heart!
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    Look for a guy that is polite,courteous,caring,responsible,intelligent and so on and that is the nice person or whatever name someone wants to call it.

That's what I am looking for. Well said sir.
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    Someone genuinely nice!!
    A proper man, who is a true gentleman :)
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    yes angie, I need an inbetweener lol....someone who wont let me walk all over them but isn't a douche....where can I pick one of those up????
    Agreed! I haven't found one yet. I usually go for the bad guys just wish they looked that way but did not act that way.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO NERD LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love me some nerds! I fall for the bad guy every.single.time. also. I always want to fix them, or don't know they are "bad boys" until it's over and done with
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are more fun, that's why you like them.
  • kirstyrae81
    Options
    Bad boys are usually more confident, women like confidence.

This is exactly it.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options

You got that right :)
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    how do you define "bad boy"?
    how do you define "good guy"?