just bought some cottage cheese... now what do i do with it?

Options
1235»

Replies

• hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I put 2-3 tablespoons of salsa in it. Becare of cottage cheese it does have a lot of sodium in it per serving. I mix no salt cottage cheese with the one that has salt in it. THere are some brands that have less salt. But it great with salsa. You can even take it as a dip to a party.
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Blitz it with an egg then use as a cheese layer in a lasagne, made with quorn, vegetables & passata, sprinkle some low fat cheese on top for a yummy topping.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Ditto! My favorites are mixed with peaches or pineapple!
  • mcandyr
    mcandyr Posts: 36
    Options
    1/2c cottage cheese with a cut up apple or pineapple or canned peaches or pears...basically any fruit! it's awesome!
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love it plain but also with fruit (grapes are my fav but canned peaches are really good too.) Sometimes I also cook 1/2 an acorn squash in its skin (but without the seed stuff in the middle) and then put cottage cheese in it - so good. We also eat cottage cheese salad a lot (great if you're having fish) - just mix cucumber, mayo (to taste - I add plain yogurt to cut down on the amount of mayo I need) and Mrs. Dash into the cottage cheese. Some people like bacon bits in it but I don't eat fake food (or at least I try not to) so we don't.
  • cristenjo
    cristenjo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Will have to tr.