New Green Team Week 1

Options

Replies

• kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    okay GREENIES! checking in. Went and ran a lil over a mile today and did 2 miles on the bike. Did 80 crunches on the big ball with a 5lb weight too. I feel great. I have had my 2 servings of fruit today and will have a third later b/c I am craving an apple. So far the last 2 days are going great knowing I have the support of all of you! :wink:
    I hope you all have a great weekend.....:bigsmile:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I ate my two fruit yesterday and today
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Fruit update
    NOW FOR FRUIT SO FAR i HAVE
    aml0484
    ammcnett
    5/15 MET
    azwildcatfan94
    5/15 MET,5/16MET
    chels0
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    5/15 MET
    holly78
    hollyb321
    jacque509
    kitn621
    5/18MET,5/16MET
    kellya
    lose2cruise
    missheidi
    mschooley
    porka29
    5/15 MET
    ramb
    realta
    5/15 MET,5/16 MET
    sallydeb
    sassiebritches-5/15MET
    sfischer20
    wOW THE NEWBIES ARE DOING GREAT!!
    Kitn621 great workout today that is awsome!! Az and realta good job on the fruit! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oops, we are checking in for fruit servings? I will meet it everyday. I LOVE berries and visiting my local farmers' markets to get them, so, I'm in heaven :smile: !
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I did super duper at the wedding, I ate small meat servings and there was a large selection of veggies as some folks were vegan.....so that helped. So I had 6 servings of veggies and fruit today.......So I met my fruit for the day for sure.

On a side note....thanks for the prayers regarding my pain......unfortunatley I must report that I am in EXCRUTIATING pain tonight :frown: Hoping tomorrow will be better.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Been gone all day but checking in to say that today I had 3 servings of fruit! yay
    And I walked for 3 1/2 hours (almost strait!!!) went to the zoo, and it was extrahot today!
    See ya tomarow:heart:
  • hollyb321
    hollyb321 Posts: 12
    Options
    never known fruit can actually be nice!!

bananas are so nice!!

:laugh:

great challenge!
    :smile:

x
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    great job sassie at the wedding. I know it can be hard when you go to big gatherings like that with lots of food. So you are doing an awesome job and sorry that you are in so much pain but you will get through it and with all the support and prayers from all of us!!!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ate one cup melon this morning and drank 1/2 cup O.J:bigsmile:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    two more apples today, i am even surprising myself, thanks for the challenge! :drinker:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I had half a boiled plantain, I think that counts as fruit. I went to a b-day party yesterday and managed okay. I did have a small slice of cake and one large strawberry.

Hi sass! Good to see you, congrats on 22 lbs and not smoking - you certainly have had your share of problems this year so far! Thanks for carrying us Jacque!

Hope all the rest of you had a good weekend. If your resolve was a little less, don't fret start fresh again tomorrow!

:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Can an old granny of 78 join this team. Green is my faverite color.

I have gain some that I have lost. I have not change my ticker yet for I am trying hard to lose. I weigh 204 when i join MFP Dec. 'o8

I weigh in at 194 this morning.

I have had 2 fruits already today so far. Plan on another one later on after dinner.
    thanks My name is Marie

Caliecat
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey Greenie!! Update
    Hey Greenies!! Update
    aml0484
    ammcnett
    azwildcatfan94
    caliecat
    chels0
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    holly78
    hollyb321
    jacque509
    kitn621
    kellya
    lose2cruise
    missheidi
    mschooley
    porka29
    ramb
    realta
    sallydeb
    sfischer20
    sassierbritchs----230
    Ok it looks like everyone checked in but chelso, I sent a message, so we will see. I like everyone to meet another new member Caliecat-Marie, she just joined us today so say Hi everyone!. Wow evryone is doing so good!
    Sassie we will keep praying,
    Porks what the heck is boiled plantain? never heard of it, Does it tast good
  • jacque509
    Options
    Fruit update
    aml0484
    ammcnett
    5/15 MET
    azwildcatfan94
    5/15 MET,5/16MET
    chels0
    caliecat
    5/17 MET
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET,5/17 MET
    holly78
    hollyb321
    jacque509
    kitn621
    5/18MET,5/16MET
    kellya
    lose2cruise
    missheidi
    mschooley
    porka29
    5/15 MET, 5/17 MET
    ramb
    realta
    5/15 MET,5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    sallydeb
    5/16 MET
    sassiebritches-5/15MET, 5/16 MET
    sfischer20
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ok all your fearmore leader is having a rough weekend, I haven't been to the gym but I did put in over 2 miles of walking yesterday. But fell off the wagon and have had ice cream 3 tmes this weekend. So I am gonna go to the store and buy more Fruit and salad to see if that will help. I am on my way out the door again to visit family so I am going to admit it might get rough in the eating department so we will see. I will check in later to see how you all are doing
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ate 2 fruit today. Just wondering though, does a large banana count as one or two servings of fruit?
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    welcome caliecat and any other new members I have not yet said hi to.
    :flowerforyou:

Jacque - here is what a plantain is:
    Plantains tend to be firmer and lower in sugar content than dessert bananas. Bananas are most often eaten raw, while plantains usually require cooking or other processing, and are used either when green or under-ripe (and therefore starchy) or overripe (and therefore sweet). Plantains are a staple food in the tropical regions of the world, treated in much the same way as potatoes and with a similar neutral flavour and texture when the unripe fruit is cooked by steaming, boiling or frying.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok all your fearmore leader is having a rough weekend, I haven't been to the gym but I did put in over 2 miles of walking yesterday. But fell off the wagon and have had ice cream 3 tmes this weekend. So I am gonna go to the store and buy more Fruit and salad to see if that will help. I am on my way out the door again to visit family so I am going to admit it might get rough in the eating department so we will see. I will check in later to see how you all are doing

Jaque - you sound like me, I get on an icecream binge and that is IT! So I started doing this.....fatfree or lowfat vanilla ice cream, frozen whip cream and strawberries and blackberries.........YUMMMMMMMMM, and if you really wanna go light do frozen Fat free whip cream and strawberries.....

Hang in there honey...................
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I had 2 servings of fruit both Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the challenge. I have not been eating my fruit.
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ate 2 fruit today. Just wondering though, does a large banana count as one or two servings of fruit?