Diatomaceous Earth

Options

Replies

• Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat food too ....... I'm just looking for natural additives to make me healthier. If there are things out there, why not learn about them and use them? It seems like a terrible waste not to...
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Kefir !! I grow my own :)
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    And supposedly the "clay" that moves through your digestive tract after you ingest DE is negatively charged and most bacteria is positively charged so it helps to remove impurities. Also, the particles are just jagged enough to impale the exoskeleton of parasites, which removes them in the case that you have any. But are not harmful to internal organs. I haven't read any negative reactions or side effects. I'm just nervous to try something that isn't "main stream"....

so what magical mixture do you use with it that puts back the good bacteria you also kill?

Kefir !!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? This is some we use to coat the lining in the filter of our swimming pool. :noway:
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Seriously??? This is some we use to coat the lining in the filter of our swimming pool. :noway:

It's not the same thing. This is a food grade DE ...... not the pool stuff.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about it but I DO recall gathering either 4 of 8 of these in Zul'Drak.

As a former WoW nerd, I lol'd.

as a current wow nerd, i chuckled.

This definitely brought back memories!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    And supposedly the "clay" that moves through your digestive tract after you ingest DE is negatively charged and most bacteria is positively charged so it helps to remove impurities. Also, the particles are just jagged enough to impale the exoskeleton of parasites, which removes them in the case that you have any. But are not harmful to internal organs. I haven't read any negative reactions or side effects. I'm just nervous to try something that isn't "main stream"....

If the particles are jagged enough to impale the exoskeleton of parasites, then what do you think it will do to the fleshy internal lining of your intestines?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I eat food too ....... I'm just looking for natural additives to make me healthier. If there are things out there, why not learn about them and use them? It seems like a terrible waste not to...

I'm not sure you know what a 'waste' is.
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

This is a great link. Read it.

That is a good one.... thanks :)
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Why can't we all just eat food anymore? There is no need for all these gimmicks. Whatever perceived problem we are trying to solve could easily be averted by eating healthy to begin with or from this day forward. I am reading all this praise for DE and ionized water and cherry juice diet this and water fast that. There is no need! The time, effort and resources spent trying to implement such "treatment" seems to do little more than fool yourself into thinking you did something good. There is no short cut to long term healthy living.
  • Crystalmac82
    Options

If the particles are jagged enough to impale the exoskeleton of parasites, then what do you think it will do to the fleshy internal lining of your intestines?

I was worried about that but I have found reviews from people who have used it 30+ years, daily. And it's been used for however long for animal ingestion....... no internal bleeding in any of those cases.....
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

so what magical mixture do you use with it that puts back the good bacteria you also kill?

Kefir !!

that sounds like smoking pot after doing coke - a lot of work and money to get you back to where you started.
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm no help on the DE...but how do you grow your own kefir?
    Is it pretty easy??

• Crystalmac82
    Options

wow. good one. Try as I might..... I can't see what you're implying here. Your comment is a "waste" :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

wow. good one. Try as I might..... I can't see what you're implying here. Your comment is a "waste" :)

As is this thread. Bazinga!
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Why can't we all just eat food anymore? There is no need for all these gimmicks. Whatever perceived problem we are trying to solve could easily be averted by eating healthy to begin with or from this day forward. I am reading all this praise for DE and ionized water and cherry juice diet this and water fast that. There is no need! The time, effort and resources spent trying to implement such "treatment" seems to do little more than fool yourself into thinking you did something good. There is no short cut to long term healthy living.

I eat well too. I just have issues with digestion sometimes. Just because it's not widely used, doesn't make it a gimmick. Why not use something for a short time that helps by assisting a healthy lifestyle?
  • Crystalmac82
    Options

Kefir !!

that sounds like smoking pot after doing coke - a lot of work and money to get you back to where you started.

lmao ! I like to look at it as taking antibiotics followed by probiotics.
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Sorry, I'm no help on the DE...but how do you grow your own kefir?
    Is it pretty easy??

Just buy some Kefir Grains on ebay and tinker around with different milks to get the flavor you like..... the grow in fermented milk.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask these questions when they clearly have all the answers? Just drink it if you know what you're doing.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It will not cure your digestion issue, so short term use does not apply here, you would have to use it for life if in fact it helps with digestion. It also does not discriminate bacteria so you will lose all the beneficial flora of the GI tract, now you have to take yet another supplement to replace that. This cycle will just continue and continue. Take more and different supplements to offset the side effects of others. If digestion is an issue, I am sure you can fine tune your diet to arrive at a solution. Just my thoughts, there very well may be people with great experiences using is.