Diatomaceous Earth

Options

Replies

• Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask these questions when they clearly have all the answers? Just drink it if you know what you're doing.

I don't have all the answers... lol ! I have just researched it like crazy! I'm not going to just chug some *kitten* someone scraped off the bottom of a bagillion year old lake. I'm scared ! So, I was hoping someone experienced actually did have all the answers.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I get this straight.
    You eat clay. Yes, food grade clay.
    It supposedly soaks up the bad stuff, spikes the critters, and then comes out the poop shoot.
    Then you eat some stuff that you grow in rotten milk to add happy critters back?
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Let me see if I get this straight.
    You eat clay. Yes, food grade clay.
    It supposedly soaks up the bad stuff, spikes the critters, and then comes out the poop shoot.
    Then you eat some stuff that you grow in rotten milk to add happy critters back?

LMAO !! EXACTLY !!!
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Oh gosh.... I'm laughing so hard. I'm so WEIRD !!!
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    And the grains eat all of the lactose. So, technically ... it's not rotten milk. It's Kefir !
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask these questions when they clearly have all the answers? Just drink it if you know what you're doing.

I don't have all the answers... lol ! I have just researched it like crazy! I'm not going to just chug some *kitten* someone scraped off the bottom of a bagillion year old lake. I'm scared ! So, I was hoping someone experienced actually did have all the answers.

However you seem to be arguing against everyone who's saying this seems like a bad idea. It seems like your mind is made up.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    And supposedly the "clay" that moves through your digestive tract after you ingest DE is negatively charged and most bacteria is positively charged so it helps to remove impurities. Also, the particles are just jagged enough to impale the exoskeleton of parasites, which removes them in the case that you have any. But are not harmful to internal organs. I haven't read any negative reactions or side effects. I'm just nervous to try something that isn't "main stream"....

so what magical mixture do you use with it that puts back the good bacteria you also kill?

Kefir !!

that sounds like smoking pot after doing coke - a lot of work and money to get you back to where you started.

Yeah. THIS sounds like a waste to me...
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL Just had to make sure. This totally takes the phrase "dropping mud" to a whole other level.
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Come on, do it already. I want to know what happens afterward. That's if you can make it back to the keyboard. When the parasites come out do they attack you or do the magic rocks kill them?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    :noway: Think this is what my exterminator puts around the outside of our house to kill scorpions.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yeaaa, don't think this is something I want to try out.
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the stuff, good luck if you do it...it sounds pretty risky to me...but have to admit the conversations have been fun to read...lol!!!
  • Assenav1
    Assenav1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been taking Food Grade DE since January. No harmful effects. Has helped my sore bones in the morning, more energy, and a lot more regular. This is not the stuff they use in Swimming pools. See link below for more info.

https://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I love the stuff!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The company that I work for built a steam boiler for Red China back in the late 80s that used DE as a fuel. The DE was forced through a furnace, and the heat went into the boiler to make steam.
  • Shondatingting
    Options
    Come on, do it already. I want to know what happens afterward. That's if you can make it back to the keyboard. When the parasites come out do they attack you or do the magic rocks kill them?

Hilarious!! Lol'd hard at this...OP i'm just gonna say don't do it and no i don't have any scientifiic papers to support why u shouldn't..it just SOUNDS like a terrible idea and you should be scared..food grade or not..u'd be better off buying some acidophilus or align in my opinion
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    All of this because I watched a guy add a scoop to his Kefir smoothie on youtube :grumble: Maybe I should have brought it up on a holistic living website. But then all the granolas would be telling me to "DO IT !!!! " Where do you find facts people ??!!
  • Crystalmac82
    Options

However you seem to be arguing against everyone who's saying this seems like a bad idea. It seems like your mind is made up.

The opinions are coming from people who aren't as experienced on the facts as I would like my final decision to be based on. If that makes and sense... lol
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    I have been taking Food Grade DE since January. No harmful effects. Has helped my sore bones in the morning, more energy, and a lot more regular. This is not the stuff they use in Swimming pools. See link below for more info.

https://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I love the stuff!

YOU ! I've been waiting for you :flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is some sort of "cleanse." The only thing a cleanse removes is money from your wallet.

http://www.burnthefat.com/colon_cleansing_scam.html
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    You're the one with all the "facts" about it. One guy already said he has been using it for two months and his bones feel better. I'm not sure how he feels pain in his bones anyway, but whatever. Stop being scared, you did the research. Chug it! Chug! Chug! Chug!