Diatomaceous Earth

Options

Replies

• Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're the one with all the "facts" about it. One guy already said he has been using it for two months and his bones feel better. I'm not sure how he feels pain in his bones anyway, but whatever. Stop being scared, you did the research. Chug it! Chug! Chug! Chug!

You settle down over there, jeez! I'm drinking it in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    The typical chemical composition of oven-dried diatomaceous earth is 80 to 90% silica, with 2 to 4% alumina (attributed mostly to clay minerals) and 0.5 to 2% iron oxide

Silica = SiO2
    alumina = Al2O3
    Iron oxide = there are many types..

Well I can tell you silica doesn't break up in liquid(water), alumina does, iron oxide is usually known as rust.
    So you'd just be drinking moon rock, alunimum, oxygen, and rust.

Go lick a bumper instead.

FOOOOOOOOOD GRADE FRIEND !!!!!!!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm thoroughly grossed out and equally intrigued. Update us on your status in the morning, OP :drinker:

And to think we waste time arguing about the pros and cons of diet soda when people are drinking pest control products!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Food Grade DE since January. No harmful effects. Has helped my sore bones in the morning, more energy, and a lot more regular. This is not the stuff they use in Swimming pools. See link below for more info.

https://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I love the stuff!

YOU ! I've been waiting for you :flowerforyou:

Thank goodness they googled, I mean happened across this discussion! And with a handy website too ;D

I'm still wondering what it would feel like to poo sand- fine it's FOOD GRADE but it's still rusty sand.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

In the words of Inigo Montoya....

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
  • Crystalmac82
    Options

In the words of Inigo Montoya....

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I thought your silica count was too high... then I looked it up. You're right. Where did you find that?
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    I have been taking Food Grade DE since January. No harmful effects. Has helped my sore bones in the morning, more energy, and a lot more regular. This is not the stuff they use in Swimming pools. See link below for more info.

https://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I love the stuff!

YOU ! I've been waiting for you :flowerforyou:

Thank goodness they googled, I mean happened across this discussion! And with a handy website too ;D

I'm still wondering what it would feel like to poo sand- fine it's FOOD GRADE but it's still rusty sand.

yeah, that persons profile page is waaaay too empty. Kinda sketch...
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm thoroughly grossed out and equally intrigued. Update us on your status in the morning, OP :drinker:

And to think we waste time arguing about the pros and cons of diet soda when people are drinking pest control products!

omg ... thanks for the laugh tonight! :laugh:
  • Crystalmac82
    Options

Don't be condescending.... read about it and educate yourself. It's not a chemical, I'm sure it's a hell of a lot less damaging than aspartame or McDonalds. It's more like eating dirt than a pest control product...... lol
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The typical chemical composition of oven-dried diatomaceous earth is 80 to 90% silica, with 2 to 4% alumina (attributed mostly to clay minerals) and 0.5 to 2% iron oxide

Silica = SiO2
    alumina = Al2O3

Well I can tell you silica doesn't break up in liquid(water), alumina does, iron oxide is usually known as rust.

Do you know what food grade actually means? They make Food Grade Rubber Bands, that doesn't mean you eat them, it just means it isn't made of any material that can contaminate the food if it accidentally gets in there.

Same with Food Grade gloves, and Food Grade plastic wrap, and Food Grade sanitizer, and Food Grade detergent, Food Grade pesticide, etc.

Something labeled as Food Grade doesn't make it edible.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Honestly, something used to filter swimming pools, where you are supposed to wear a mask to filter it, is NOT something that I would be ingesting.

My first thought when reading the title, something that goes in a pool....
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    What exactly makes it food grade? Is it covered in ranch dressing?
  • Crystalmac82
    Options

Silica = SiO2
    alumina = Al2O3

Do you know what food grade actually means? They make Food Grade Rubber Bands, that doesn't mean you eat them, it just means it isn't made of any material that can contaminate the food if it accidentally gets in there.

Same with Food Grade gloves, and Food Grade plastic wrap, and Food Grade sanitizer, and Food Grade detergent, Food Grade pesticide, etc.

Like I said, the silica in the food grade and the silica in the pool cleaner crap is way different, I thought you were quoting the pool crap because it's much higher. But you're not..... you're right. I know what food grade means.

Iron oxide is just that right.... Iron that has been exposed to oxygen. On a cellular level, is it bad? I don't mean to sound like a moron, this kind of stuff is so interesting to me. I wanna be an Apothecary when I grow up :)
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    Alumina can't be good.... But, the DE stuff supposedly rounds up all of the free metal radicals floating around too... so isn't that contradicting itself? Where did you get that break down?
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    F#*K it ! I'm going to drink a beer . Goodnight guys.....
  • Shondatingting
    Options

Silica = SiO2
    alumina = Al2O3

Like I said, the silica in the food grade and the silica in the pool cleaner crap is way different, I thought you were quoting the pool crap because it's much higher. But you're not..... you're right. I know what food grade means.

Iron oxide is just that right.... Iron that has been exposed to oxygen. On a cellular level, is it bad? I don't mean to sound like a moron, this kind of stuff is so interesting to me. I wanna be an Apothecary when I grow up :)

Ok so u piqued my interest now so i did some quick googling lol..apparently the silica in food grade & pool cleaner is the same except food grade is amorphous & pool cleaner is crystalline..so basically pool cleaner silica has been heat treated which changes its physical shape...the shape of the silica & the fact that food grade contains less poisonous heavy metals are the only diffs
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    I don't know anything about it but I DO recall gathering either 4 of 8 of these in Zul'Drak.

:love:
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    You people are ruthless if Alexander Fleming caught this much heat, we'd be in a world of trouble.
  • Crystalmac82
    Options
    which is probably why normal people would never consider ingesting it. Thanks friend :)
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey, good luck fighting the MFP-ers. I appreciate you staying polite despite less than pleasant feedback. It's very classy of you.