How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• Alexc2012
    Alexc2012 Posts: 20
    Options
    I lost 5-7 pounds before anyone noticed my weight loss. Of course, I didn't receive an "Oh great job" compliment.... Instead my sister & bestfriend (male) decided to tell me I look sick.. Never a compliment :ohwell:
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    2 stone (28lb), more or less. Since that point, everyone seems to be noticing! I'm built like a tank, though, so losses are probably less obvious on me than on someone with a smaller frame.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Only my mom has said something.
    Do not get me wrong, I love my mommy but....

it will be so nice hearing it from something else... :ohwell:
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I think my co-workers started to notice at about 15 pounds. My husband said he can't really tell (oh joy) where it's coming from but he knows I've lost weight. I think it shows mostly in my face. I'm down 28 pounds in 6 weeks so I can't complain. I don't care where it's showing from at this point...just that it's gone! LOL!
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    at my last job, I was the most hated person on staff - so it took 60lbs before anyone would say anything. And even then, it was due to our board members making a big deal about it. At the new job, I cut my hair and someone says I look like I"ve lost weight. Obvi, I like it here more! :tongue:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    People started to notice after I had lost about 15 lbs. But I lose in my face and tummy and hips first so clothes got loose quickly. It depends on where you lose it.
  • dawnstrassburg
    Options
    I read something and its so true: 6 weeks before you notice a difference, 10 weeks before your friends notice and 12 weeks before the rest of the world notices. it takes time, I had to lose about 15 pounds before I noticed a majot difference, an\bout 20 pounds before my friends and jsut revently everyone else has noticed. its a great feeling when someone you dont see often does a double take and says "wow, youve lost a lot of weight!"
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    My boyfriend has yet to notice or say anything. We live together -so I guess it's because he sees me every day... My mother says she's noticed (especialyl when the scale wasn't budging but my inches were shrinking)... the only person at work who has noticed is another weight battler...

People who haven't seen me in a month or so commented and complimented me on how skinny my legs have gotten and asked if i lost weight...
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm down 16 pounds (from 151 to 135). My husband says he notices (but I'm sure it's because he knows I'm frustrated). My sister told me I looked "skinny" after about 12 pounds. The true test is going to be my overly critical mom whom I will see this weekend. I haven't seen her since I started losing weight. I'm hoping she says something POSITIVE to me about my weight loss! Although, deep down inside I really don't care as long as I know I'm improving my fitness, that's all that really matters. :smile:
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It took about 22 lbs for people to notice both me and my partner. She lost weight much slower than me and people noticed it on me first. Then as she reached the same 22 lbs people started to comment on her too.
  • BrandyHeit
    Options
    About 15 lbs and people started to notice it in my face.
    at 20 lbs more and more people are starting to notice and I'm getting a lot of compliments.
  • LeanneThompsonxx
    Options
    Friends/family noticed after about 5 pounds, work colleagues after about 7 and boyfriend after about 8-9. Everyone mentions now :-)
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Somebody asked if I was losing weight yesterday for the first time... I'm down 22.4lb so far...
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 32 lbs and someone at work just noticed, it was also my first day back from a 2 week vacation. She asked how much and I told her and she gave me a hug and said, wow, I didn't think you had that much to lose. I told her I'd like to lose 25-30 more She looked at me and said really, you look great now. She felt bad for not noticing sooner and I said, I must carry my weight really well.

My face takes a while to thin down and I'm still waiting to lose in my chest. I think that makes it harder to tell.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    around 45 days
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i lost like 6 pounds
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options
    around 45 days

About the same length of time for me - I'd lost only about 2 pounds but I'd been working out and my clothes were fitting much better.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I think people started noticing after about the first ten pounds but I am 65 and I think most people were afraid to say anything because they were thinking, "Oh no, what if she lost weight because she's sick? I'd better not say anything." If I bring up the subject of how much more I'm exercising, they will say, "You look fabulous--you obviously have lost weight! Are you dieting too?" I tell them that I would consider what I have done as more of a life-change. I eat different things now. What I used to eat (even though I was never a big eater) made me fat but what's worse, it made me sick. I was so sick and tired that I could barely move in the past. Now, I have lots of energy to keep up with my grandchildren. :smile: Whether people notice or not doesn't really matter.
  • passportpolly
    Options
    Hi,
    I have lost 9 pounds and just one or two people noticed but I had blood work done and there are big changes! After I have started walking @10,000 steps a day there was a huge change in the blood work results. The internal changes are keeping me motivated so a doctors check up may be a good way to measure the great changes to your body that no one else can see but are so important to our health! Keep up the good work, it is worth it.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well not a soul right now.....but in the beginning stages of starting a new life style change. Not feeling too bad, but hoping that by talking to myself in the mirror will be enough for right now :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!