How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options
Melyssaks
Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
So I'm wondering how many pounds it book for you to get that first compliment...

My long distance boyfriend saw me for the 1st time in 2 weeks and I was quite disappointed he didn't notice my 10 pound lost....or at least pretend he did since he knows I've been working so hard to loose the weight. I'm trying not to get bummed over it but remember if I keep losing he'll have to recognize eventually.

About how much weight do you think it takes to start to noticeably look smaller? (My starting weight was 155, size 10/12.)

Replies

• Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oops I meant 3 weeks not 2 (that would have been a quick weight lost :0)
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    I've lost almost 25lbs and almost no one has noticed. I started at 185 I'm down to 159 and 5 ft 6 in. So although I feel amazing, no one else seems to notice.
  • methodless
    Options
    I got a few before anything actually even came off
    The odd one here and there after about 10 lbs
    I'm at 16 lbs right now and only my best friends have noticed

But I was already very lean with a huge beer belly (despite the fact that I don't drink)
    So the fat is very concentrated and comes off in one place

Don't get discouraged - I've heard it would take around 8 weeks for others to really take notice and intuitively that makes sense
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think I had lost 20lbs before my son looked at me one day and said, "Mom, when did you get so skinny!" Don't be bummed, you know it's gone and that is what counts.
  • MrsIAmErica
    Options
    I've lost 17.5 in less than six weeks and nobody has noticed. I figure they won't unless it's about 10 percent of my starting weight.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I lost 46 pounds 2 years ago with barely a reaction from anyone, besides my husband, but he could see how hard i was working. I've lost 23 pounds since jan 31. My husband noticed after 10 pounds. A coworker noticed at about 17. My sisters fiance did yesterday. I've lost 69 pounds altogether.
  • abdmps
    abdmps Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In a previous weight loss period I started at 160 and it wasn't until I was around 147 that people started saying they noticed. I am 5'2" tall so I thought people would notice sooner. But when they did notice, boy was that a motivator to keep going. Good luck to you! :)
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have had friends notice around 15 pounds (started at 190 & 5'2") which took about 6 weeks.and asked how much I've lost. My husband on the other hand wether he has noticed or not-he has not said anything yet!

I don't let it bother me because I feel much better!
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am 12 pounds down.... and, nobody has noticed.
  • jce240sx
    jce240sx Posts: 5
    Options
    i once read that you personally will start to notice the weight loss in 4 weeks, your spouse will notice in 8 weeks and the general populations will notice in 12 weeks.

keep up the great work!! when he does notice the weight loss, its an awesome pat on the back :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people don't say anything because they fear offending you.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It took about 2 months for me and then they kept coming!!
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    At ~ 30 pounds people sort of noticed. Once I hit 50 pounds I got a lot more comments and then 60+ - lots of great feedback.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I started at 202 and I went down like 15-16 lbs and alot of people could tell. I think it depends on where you carry your weight and how you can disguise it. Mine was probably taken off in more noticeable places which is why I got immediate reactions.
    Keep going though! 10 lbs is still a great thing to celebrate about!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think I had lost 20lbs before my son looked at me one day and said, "Mom, when did you get so skinny!" Don't be bummed, you know it's gone and that is what counts.
    So cute!
  • alyciamarlene
    alyciamarlene Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost about 7 pounds in just over a week (I wasn't trying to loose that much so fast but I won't complain!) and I didn't notice a difference. My husband also didn't notice a difference.

My parents went on a trip a few days after I started getting back into a fitness routine and when they came back the first thing my mom said to me was "You've lost weight! It's in your face!". So although I couldn't see it and neither could my husband my mom sure did!

I took pictures at the start of the week in shorts and a sports bra, and then took pictures again at the end of the first week. When comparing pictures I can see the difference, but just looking in the mirror I don't so I really recommend taking pictures to help you see the progression!
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs but my roommate didn't really notice until she saw a before and after picture! Certain people comment on it but mostly the ones I see the most often, who always hear me talking about it or see me count calories and head to the gym every day. They may just be humoring me. I teach so I keep waiting for my students to notice. Although maybe they have and won't say anything, because they're French. I'm hoping all my friends and family will be wowed when I get back to the States in 2 months, but even if they're not, I know I'm kicking a and taking names
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I heard most people would not notice until you've lost 10% of your starting weight (like someone else said). I've lost just over 10%- and people are starting to notice. Not everyone... but a few comments here and there. Keep it up- they'll (or HE will) start noticing!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    48906345923278283_sQe70ckQ_b.jpg
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I lost like 10 lbs before my "guy friend" noticed that there was less "cushion".
    A co-worker noticed about 15 lbs in.

I agree with a lot of the above people, it depends on where you carry your weight. Most of mine came off my mid-section. That's also where my weight gain goes first.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!