How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• amberjean30
    amberjean30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people don't say anything because they fear offending you.
    I think so too. & ya know how men never "notice" you change your hair, I think the same thing goes for weight lol. my gf at work asked me yesterday why I looked so tall.......I said idk, but i lost 11lbs. she says oh that's it, that's what's different lol. so ppl do notice, they just aren't sure what to say.
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I only get the "have you lost weight?" question when I'm routinely stuffing my face, ironically. Always makes it awkward because I had in fact gained.

I don't think anyone has noticed this time because I normally wear scrubs and a lab coat at work, and those things hide everything. Maybe in a couple months. :p
  • KJWanzek
    KJWanzek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It seems the people you want to notice the most dont', and the people who it's nice they notice but when they say something what goes throught your mind it why doesn't_______________ notice? I asked my husband this becasuse our friends notice and say things, and even his friends that I don't see often. His reply is" I see you as the women I love, your sexy to me 20 pounds up or down I guess I just don't see it either way" My feeling is come my weight has done from 207 to 193 and when I was doing so good lst summer down to 182 still nothing? I can relate don't let it get you down. The better you feel about your body and yourself the better your attitude and the better your relationship becasue you will be stronger and more confident. K smile
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 10lbs pre MFP and 5 lbs while ive been on this site

i ask my mom when i see her, if i have lost weight and she tells me rather bluntly 'nope':laugh: :laugh:
    gotta love moms
  • Elena1964
    Options
    Not long at all because I know many people trying to lose weight and we keep cheering for each other. BUT dont be upset when someone you know does not say anything. Especially a boyfriend. They may feel uncomfortable saying that they noticed because they love you no matter what size you are and they never wanted you to think of yourself as being fat etc., or have you thinking that they thought you were fat. (No win situation) from past experiences they may have complimented someone and that person took it in a negative way. So many people dont compliment anymore because of issues they had in the past.
    Just take care of yourself, lose the weight that you need to be healthy and be happy. Congrats!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    20 lbs before people noticed, then they ALL noticed. It will happen :flowerforyou:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Once I hit the 15 lb mark people started noticing. I also lose in more noticible places first....I guess
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs so far. No one can tell, including me. I'll get there though!! Great job on your weight loss so far!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No one has ever said anything unless I've brought it up first :(

So emo. Haha
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I didn't start getting comments until I had lost 20% of my original weight (45 pounds). I got comments daily when I hit 60ish pounds (30%).
  • codycaca1
    codycaca1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've lost just about 30 pounds now since Sept and people just started noticing and commenting on my loss a few weeks ago. Or if they don't know I've lost weight they just comment I look really good (more than usual) lol.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think people don't say anything because they fear offending you.

That's def true. My boyfriend's mom told me that his sister thought I was looking skinnier now but she was afraid to say anything to me about it in case I would get upset.
  • xoxoBarbieGirlxoxo
    Options
    It depends on the people, someone noticed after i lost 4 pounds once. People also notice more when you act more confident
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66 pounds and still have not had any comments on the weight loss. Only people who know that I am trying have said anything. But I'm not doing it for them, and know that I have lost around 50 inches off my body! So for me, I don't need the satisfaction of their comments :)
  • amandathegreat320
    amandathegreat320 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people who said that friends and family don't always say anything because they are afraid of offending you. I have only lost 4 lb and I said something at work the other day. The lady I work with said that she noticed my stomach was flatter when I was sitting on floor with the kids (I work in preschool) and another lady said that my arms look more toned. If I hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have said anything either. Now that they said that, I am noticing, too :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My first (non-family) COMMENT was yesterday. I have lost a total of 45 lbs since January 344 down to 299. My 48 pants are all too large now and I can wear some 44 pants -- I did today. However, I am aware that people DO notice but don't necessarily say anything. It can be awkward for many. I think it really depends on what the setting is, your height, your initial weight... etc.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My mom began noticing after 20. Around 25 my aunt noticed and several others I don't see often did too. At 31 my hairdresser who I only see once a month or once every three months depending noticed my face was slimmer.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My best friend knows what i'm up to and she comments all the time. So much so that it's hard to really tell if the difference is actually noticeable or she just wants to encourage me.

I live far far away from most of my friends and family and had a visit with my friends at around 16 pounds lost. One friend noticed immediately when i took off my sweater and was wearing only a camisole. I think the difference was more in the muscle definition than the weight loss since i'm working with a personal trainer.

I won't actually see my family, and a big group of my friends until the 4th of July weekend, at which point my goal is to be down right around 50 pounds, so i am very excited for that moment. I'm expecting no one to recognize me when they come to pick me up at the airport!

And although no one else has said anything (I'm now 22 pounds down - started losing a bit before MFP), i do get the odd compliment like "you look good in jeans," which i assume is people noticing SOMETHING, but they're not quite sure what.

I am a little discouraged that i am not dropping pants sizes yet, but overall i know i am heading in the right direction and once i get to a normal, closer to healthy size, people are going to be amazed - me included. So i just keep my head down, log my food, go to the gym and wait . . .
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    I started out at 246 and I'm 5'3.5. My mom and sister started to notice around 25 pounds. A few of my coworkers started to notice around 30 pounds. Now that I have hit 55 pounds, everyone has taken notice and have jumped on the wagon.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's not that people don't notice. It's that they don't know if they should say something.
    It wasn't till someone offered me one of the cupcakes she was handing out and I declined saying it wasn't in my calories for that day, did she then say, 'Oh I noticed you had lost weight, I just didn't know what you were doing.'
    So, they notice. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!